Columbia Motorsports Park is Going Dirt

Ok, so Columbia is building a 1/8 mile dirt track in the middle of the pits. How will this effect our parking and getting on and off the track?

Until they get the car counts up at CMP, you could park an aircraft carrier in there and not affect the parking.

They should throw in the towel and cover it with dirt. There just isn’t any asphalt cars in that area. Looking at the counts at North Florida Speedway (15 minutes away), it’s obvious there are plenty of racers in that area, but not many at all are racing on blacktop.

I have always felt asphalt was for gettin to the races.

Nickel and Dime

The new go-kart track will not affect your racing at all. The track will be between turns 1 and 2 and will leave plenty of parking for stockcars and
will not change how you get on and off the track. When New Smyrna
put in their quarter midget track inside the pits, nothing changed and it worked fine. This will too just you will have an extra added treat on
Friday night and Sundays. It is a good thing, not a bad thing, and I will have to come one Sunday just to see quad racing. That, to me, sounds very
fun and interesting.

Have a great Saturday and I will see you next Saturday when the Goodyear comes to Columbia.

Jane