Southern Sportsman @ USA

Looking forward to seeing alot of sportsman cars this weekend at Desoto Speedway. Series competing cars must weigh 3100lbs and run the series tires. If your car is close we’ll try to work with you to be able to compete. Also, this weekend will kick off the pre-registration for the Sept.6 USA International race date. You may pick up the forms from the Fascar trailer at any of the next three events,( Desoto, New Smyrna July 3rd, or the Columbia MSP date of August 16th). The August 16 date is the deadline to have pre-registrations in.
Scott Jackman
Series Director

Scott, why do they have to sign up for USA this year? Also saw the story on the “front page” here on Karnac about going to DeSoto where this weekend. It said Patrick has won all races this year. Who ever wrote it, forget Gainey won the first race this year also at DeSoto. Patrick came in second that race.

Pre-registation

Rick (and whomever),
We are doing this to insure that there will be a good if not full field of sportsman cars for the USA date. With USA being a special events track we cannot hope to “pick up” some of the regulars like we do with a regular Saturday night track. Also, with the support for the series being, to say the least, weak this year, we have to know ahead of time. As far as the magic number? For that track, at least 24 cars. We did talk about requiring cars to compete in a number of races before then, as was in the past, but decided against that. I want racers who want to race. This class is still on that edge of old school STOCK CAR racing. Even with thirteen cars they put on a whale of a race. Never ceases to amaze me, and I believe Lakeland will be no different.

I may try to pull mine out for this race. Y’all still are not seriously “teching”, right?

When is this race? I’d love to race there. What do you say Jamie?

The race at USA will be on Sept. 6, doing support for the third leg of the Triple Crown. As far as tech I think you will find that Kenny Mason is doing a great job teching this class as well as was the FMSC. Some want to say now it’s too tough. You (racers) asked for it and that’s what you’ll get.By the way we will probably run 50 laps with a break near half way or the old standard of 35 laps. If you need a pre-registration form e-mailed to you call me at 863-698-8429 or I will give you the address to send it to. Just a note, we would like to invite all sportsman cars to New Smyrna Speedway on July 3 for the Clyde Hart Memorial.(support).
Scott Jackman
Series Director