Pre-Entries for ASA Race this Saturday at New Smyrna Speedway

Florida 100 Presented by Crane Cams EntriesPosted May 13th, 2008

Florida 100 Presented by Crane Cams Entries (28)
As of Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at 1:00p.m. (EDT)

3 Blake Lehr (R)
05 Gene Kirila (R)
9 Rob Partelo
10 Ryan Blaney (R)
11 Austin Kirkpatrick (R)
15 Colt James
17 A.J. Fulgenzi (R)
19 Chris Gillespie (R)
20 Kyle Eastham (R)
26 Jessica Murphy (R)
28 Sean Bass
31 Brian Blum
33 Casey Caudill (R)
34 Blake Koch (R)
57 Chad Pierce (R)
59 Dustin Dunn (R)
60 Chad Akins (R)
62 Travis Wilson
64 Griffin McGrath
70 Jeremy Gerstner
75 David Odell (R)
78 John Gerstner (R)
86 Jimmy Lang
88 Justin Larson (R)
89 Beau Browning (R)
93 Brandon Johnson
97 Patrick Staropoli (R)
188 Will Hannah (R)
(R) = 2008 Rookie of the Year Title Contender

well now…

It is sure nice to see a big field at New Smyrna for a change… Would love to see that happen all the time…

good luck to all my friends…sure wish i could be there to cheer you guys and gals on…be safe and race hard…linda

Nice field…how many will ASA start max at N.S.S.? Anyone know?

What’s the over-under for number of caution laps for this race? 40?

Some intersting observations from this list:

Ryan Blaney, is entered. He is the son of Dave Blaney, a graduate of the Bandelero series at Lowe’s Speedway. Betcha a beer the car is painted red, a Blaney family tradition for 40 years or so.

Why is Brandon Johnson in a #93 car, (usually Rob Partelo’s number) instead of his usual #41. At the same time, Partelo is listed as car #9.

Choquette, Fontaine and Middleton are inot involved. They must be part of the “other” ASA Series. Typical racing crap, that the 2 sides can’t get along and bring a single 50 car field, instead of 2 seperate 25 car fields. The name “ASA” used to mean 1 particular type of car, and you knew which guys were running it. Now it’s anyones guess as to what you’ll see and who will show up.

Only 9 cars are not listed as Rookies, although some, like John Gerstner can hardly be considered a “rookie”. He must have 15 years experience by now.

If this race isn’t a crashfest, it could be pretty good. But don’t count on it being a smooth race. It could match, or beat, last weeks 14 caution period Truck race.

How many cars does Mike Murphy have for Jessica to run? And I wonder if the ASA officials have the balls to stand up to her and her antics if she pulls crap again? Keep in mind, I have nothing against her, only the spineless “officials” that won’t uphold their own rulebook and the suspension that was handed to her. Still appears as if “Not Me” was the one who overturned the rulebook.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;10510]Some intersting observations from this list:

Choquette, Fontaine and Middleton are inot involved. They must be part of the “other” ASA Series. Typical racing crap, that the 2 sides can’t get along and bring a single 50 car field, instead of 2 seperate 25 car fields.

[/QUOTE]

Without sounding like a (glass half empty) kinda guy i would just like to add, in asphalt racing unless you know your that competetive you will not see 50 cars show up for a 24 car field anymore.

Reason,

Asphalt racing and the phrases B-Main and Appearance money don’t exist. I myself would hate to see 26 cars load up and go home after qualifying, buying fuel, tires and pit passes with NO money.

The track will gobble up those teams money and send them packing probably without even a “thanks for coming”. (no particular track but just in general)

Not just asphalt but some dirt racing is starting that pattern. i know some don’t run B-mains but still give (appearance money) to all the guys in the heats that didn’t race their way into the main or in some cases the A or B mains.

even in NASCRAP only a (few) go home.

A quick little note to add to this is…in 97 i was racing hobbystock and blew my engine in practice. It was kids ride night and i went out riding with another driver helping kids in and out of his car. At the end of the night i was hanging around the office with another driver getting his pay when the girl doing payout asked me if i wanted mine. i said i blew up in practice. she showed me the hobby pay sheet and i was listed as last, dns, 0 points and was paid $40.

Appearance money…Paul Pitre was the owner at the time at Ocala.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;10510]

Why is Brandon Johnson in a #93 car, (usually Rob Partelo’s number) instead of his usual #41. At the same time, Partelo is listed as car #9.[/QUOTE]

Good catch, he was fired after 15 years with them by a phone call, which was pretty friggin low. You can read the reason here.

http://www.asalatemodelssouth.com/?p=1134

I believe…

I truly believe that when God closes one door, He opens a better one. Rob is a great guy and he will do well. GOOD LUCK ROB!
carolwicks aka OZ

Jerry

I say this as a friend. Be careful. The people that you speak about and call spineless, cheaters, theives, and crooks do read this. Their friends read all this too. Don’t think that any of this is not taken personal to them. They all fight hard every day and spend their own money, from promoters, officials, track owners and drivers to keep short track racing and touring series alive. We all have to answer for what we say and do and you and I have one thing in common, when we write something there are no two ways to take it.

Tim

Tim… I never used the words “cheaters, theives or crooks” in my post above. The only one I used was “spineless”. It’s obvious someone made the call to ignore Fascars own rulebook and public announcement about the suspension. Since nobody will admit to doing it (and therefore taking the heat FOR it), it does seem a bit spineless. It isn’t fair to the rest of your competitors to have someone overturning rules for some, but not others. If you want to keep losing racers, that’s one quick way to get it done.

And since “nobody” made this call, why is “somebody” getting upset? I don’t know who it was, and don’t mean to insinuate that I do know. All I know is that it’s a crooked deal, and “somebody” isn’t being fair to the rest of the racers that support Fascar. Can’t “somebody” just come clean, take the blame, apologize for (what others consider) the mistake in judgement, and move on?

Jerry, I understand your point in regards to the incedent you are speaking of. I no longer work for FASCAR so I can’t tell you who that “somebody” is. I can only tell you who that “somebody” isn’t.

Second, I wasn’t only speaking of the post above and I was not trying to limit it to only one person you have referenced in past posts.

Hope you are doing well, just trying to be a friend. I didn’t have your number or I would have called you.

Tim… 407-832-1623. Call anytime.

I know we don’t always agree, but I’ve never considered you as anything but a friend, and I always respect your position and opinions. I think you feel the same.

Never let there be hard feelings between us. Beers are on me next time we meet!