Desoto/Fast trucks

I am not with any team, I am just a fan, drove 2 hours to see the Fast Truck guys run, saw my favorite racer George Gorham Jr run up front, and finish second. All was good, the very next day, I hear DQed, why I asked ?? Got told “they used a 2007 rule book, to enforce the rules on a 2008 engine” the one item deemed “illegal” intake port CC’s over by .5 of a CC, on as cast heads. With NO porting or grind marks at all (and no real performance advantage at all) So he was stripped of the points (he was 3rd in points going into the event) Worst officiating I have ever seen, your series should be ashamed, with no chance left of winning the championship, and his spirit crushed, he has now abandoned the series all together. I guess if you can’t beat him on the track (like real men) you beat him in the post race tech (with last years rulebook) I will never come to another one of your races, this coming from a guy that loves racing, piss poor officiating, and a bunch of whiners to boot. P.S. and what was the deal with an exposed BULLDOZER in the infield, with no wall or even some tires to block it, and kids running Bandeleros, recipe for disaster for sure. Me and my buddies will spend our hard earned money elsewhere…

That is why Desoto has no car count and all the good drivers have left to never come back the track is a joke. And things like that have been going on for about two years now it is a shame.

That is Right - Don Nerone is the MAN

but…It is not Desoto’s fault, it was a FASCAR Pro-Truck Series Race.
George Gorham Jr. got the shaft 2 races in a row and DQ’d for being legal. The series “bosses” have their favorites and George ain’t one of them.

They took a low budget great driver with the points lead, most wins, a legal truck and and called him a cheater. Big Don Nerone and Butch Pierce had it in for him for protesting the #22 truck that he is/was part owner in. As well as the rich kid in the 33b. Lets not forget about Jessy Murphy and what pre$$ure they put on FASCAR regarding George.

1st> The #10 was first DQ’d for cutting the threaded part of the throttle plate/butterfly screws off. Legal in the rule book but Don Nerone told George “I don’t care what the rule book says, I can throw you out for anythink I want to”

2nd> It was the “as cast” port tolerance of 0.5 cc. GMPP state that a tolorance of +/-2.0 cc’s is their spec.

This was a FACTORY SEALED ZZ4/603 Crate motor that was in the #10 truck since the Dec 2007 Truckers 200 race.

Don Nerone said that “Gorham will not be allowed to race in Florida if I have anything to say about it.”
Great job Don you are a very fair man, with a positive outlook and you are doing a great service to the Racers in this state. You are a big fish in a small pond (People who are impotant but only within their limited circle of influence). that will dry up and look foward to seeing you floppin around in the mud real soon.

You may have driven George Gorham out of YOUR game and force him to quit and sell his truck, but he is still on of the most talented drivers in the state. Now he will pick himself up, dust him self off, and go race and win elsewhere to get away from the F-in BS of FASCAR politics. It just may be the best thing that could happen to George. Don’t forget he says (in Don’s words “has a big mouth”)what is on his mind and he will get to thank Don Nerone (in victory lane someday soon) for being the biggest _______ he has ever meet in his racing career.

George, your right foot will lead the way if you keep it on the firewall and ouchyomouth, LOL !!!

draft_lens1478407module6658398photo_BigFishRightPondImages1.jpg

That is why Don and fastcar get along with John and Desoto . They both are dumb azzes that run off good drivers then want to know why they have no cars.:huepfen024:

Sure sounds like the higher ups have it in for George . If all of the above quotes attributed to Don Nerone are true , i wonder why he would say such things where apparently there were many people within earshot . Seems like he would keep statements like those to himself and a few close associates .
Too bad though , the trucks put on a good show and they don’t need to lose one of their stars .

First things first, there are two different truck series in the state of Florida. One being Fascar Pro Trucks and the other is the Charlotte County Fastrucks. The race you speak of would be the Fascar Pro Trucks race which just happened to hold a series race at Desoto Super Speedway. Desoto was just a facilitator of the race and had nothing to do with the tech part of the race.

Secondly, this is not the first time George has been DQ’ed. He was DQ’ed while racing with the Fastruck organization and was so upset that he vowed never to race with them again and race somewhere there was no favoritism.(Sound familiar?) Now I don’t know for sure what he was DQ’ed for but heard that it was an illegal cam shaft. Whether or not that was the reason is neither here nor there. The point is he has been caught before and probably will be caught again. Also, what about the racer who finished first and was also DQ’ed? Was he singled out and miss treated?

In my opinion it is about time that this series has done true tech inspection. This will go a long way in bringing more competitors back to the track. My only problem is that it took someone else to put up money for the series to tech these guys.

[SIZE=“1”]First things first, there are two different truck series in the state of Florida. One being Fascar Pro Trucks and the other is the Charlotte County Fastrucks. The race you speak of would be the Fascar Pro Trucks race which just happened to hold a series race at Desoto Super Speedway. Desoto was just a facilitator of the race and had nothing to do with the tech part of the race.[/SIZE]

There are 3:
FASCAR Pro Truck = Touring Series
CCMP Fastrucks = Was a Series = Track Class
Stars = Want to be Series = Track Class

[SIZE=“1”]Secondly, this is not the first time George has been DQ’ed. He was DQ’ed while racing with the Fastruck organization and was so upset that he vowed never to race with them again and race somewhere there was no favoritism.(Sound familiar?) Now I don’t know for sure what he was DQ’ed for but heard that it was an illegal cam shaft (Check you Source). Whether or not that was the reason is neither here nor there. The point is he has been caught before and probably will be caught again. Also, what about the racer who finished first and was also DQ’ed? Was he singled out and miss treated?[/SIZE]

Can you enlighten us on the circumstances of this camshaft DQ. Date Track, Year… anything with substance.

[SIZE=“1”]In my opinion it is about time that this series has done true tech inspection. This will go a long way in bringing more competitors back to the track. My only problem is that it took someone else to put up money for the series to tech these guys.[/SIZE]

[B]All series and tracks need to have Current Written Rules and people who will Enforce these Rules. That isn?t what is happening. Throwing out those who do cheat may help the car counts…Throwing out those who don’t cheat but can run with and out run the cheaters will do the opposite and lower car counts. George Gorham can and has out run the cheaters and because he can HE gets labeled a Cheater. George will speak his mind and the big money cheaters get the Series Directors to DQ him with more money.

It isn?t about talent, it’s all about greed (cubic dollars) Put George in any one of those other “legal trucks” and any one of them other drivers in that so called cheated up #10 truck and he would still out run them. Bottom line it ain’t the truck…it IS the Wheel-Man named Gorham Jr.
Fascar Pro-Trucks has lost its star driver…

THE F-IN END [/B]

USA-332Final rev1.jpg

Speaking of rules enforcement (or lack there-of) in the pro-trucks series, what was that crap with Jessica (crash-fest) ?? During a practice session, the caution comes out, everybody BUT HER slows, she gets a half a lap running start, and plows into George Gorham Jr, wiping out both trucks, George came within one mangled upright rollbar tube of losing his life (the mangled bar came within inches of his head) she gets a two week suspension from ALL fascar events, the very next weekend she is racing (and get this) at a fascar event, while George is home with a mangled truck and a concussion, I guess you really showed her how to follow the rules !! And your worried about a .5 cc intake runner infraction (and used LAST years rulebook to do it) unbelievable !! There is NO room for politics in racing, someone will get killed, how will that help your series ??

That’s ancient history…did you and bossman just come out of the closet?

cuz on here ya’ll pretty much only go 1 way.

QUOTE>> Benny The Mule "That’s ancient history…did you and bossman just come out of the closet?

cuz on here ya’ll pretty much only go 1 way."

Not sure what you mean, I guess it’s easier to blame the messenger than to answer the question, I don’t even know who Bossman is, and the only closet I know of, is where I throw my trophy’s, cause I hate to clean them. :ernaehrung004:

and his spirit crushed

“crushed”? George had better be a bigger man than that. this isn’t a game for 5 year olds. somehow i doubt he’d characterize it that way.

If all of the above quotes attributed to Don Nerone are true , i wonder why he would say such things where apparently there were many people within earshot.

he didn’t necessarily say it in front of a big crowd. he might have said it to George and/or a crewman or two and it’s made its way through the grapevine.

or he might not have said any such thing at all. it’s all hearsay.

Ron has a doozy of a quote from CCMP a couple of years ago. but the only people who know it first hand are Don, Ron and the CCMP announcer that night.

:shrugs: it all depends on who you think is more trustworthy.

(in Don’s words “has a big mouth”)

gosh, i wonder what Don says about me?

i think the problem for Don is that he thinks this is still 1980. he hasn’t come to grips with how much harder it is to keep this stuff covered up nowadays.

All series and tracks need to have Current Written Rules

can’t speak for the FASCAR tours, but NSS and OSW don’t have 2008 books printed for the current season weekly shows. they are still handing out 2007 rulebooks and there’s little to nothing of importance that changed so, for the weekly series, it’s no big deal.

if the regular FASCAR book didn’t get a new printing this year i kind of doubt that they did one for each of the Tours.

you would want to know about crate motor Dodges and Fords being illegal for 2009 though.

http://www.fascartours.com/protrucks/truckrules.shtml
EXISTING MOTORS RULES WILL REMAIN FOR THE 2008 SEASON. 2009 RULES WILL BE ?NO CRATE FORD OR MOPAR ENGINE WILL BE LEGAL?. ENGINES WILL BE EITHER 2009 MOTOR RULE BUILT ENGINE OR ZZ4 ONLY.

the one item deemed “illegal” intake port CC’s over by .5 of a CC, on as cast heads.

weird, i don’t see anything in the 2008 rules about the port size spec or tolerance. at all. it just says “No Polishing or porting of intake manifold permitted. No laser treating or micro holes allowed in intake. No drilling or port matching allowed.”

is there anything in the 2007 book?

Speaking of rules enforcement (or lack there-of) in the pro-trucks series

technically, the Murphy deal wasn’t under the Truck tour. NSS runs the tour trucks on a semi-regular basis for dates that don’t count on the Tour points.

that’s how Don and Sandy were getting away with saying they didn’t have any idea what Terry was doing down at NSS and letting her run a series race.

not that that excuses it. i pointed out back then that both the weekly shows and all of the Tour shows have reciprocal statements in their rulebooks that any suspension at any FASCAR track or tour is supposed to be enforced across all tracks, classes and tours.

both registered on the board this month, both with post counts <20.

any other questions? :grinser010:

“Spirit crushed” are my words not his, but as much as it costs to tow and race, what’s the point if you stand NO chance of winning the championship ??

Yes there are tolerances listed BY GM (who actually makes the heads) FASCAR rulebook says must be unaltered, and they were not altered, no porting/grinding at all, were being run ‘as cast’ which is the rule according to FASCAR

Speaking of rules enforcement (or lack there-of) in the pro-trucks series

technically, the Murphy deal wasn’t under the Truck tour. NSS runs the tour trucks on a semi-regular basis for dates that don’t count on the Tour points.

that’s how Don and Sandy were getting away with saying they didn’t have any idea what Terry was doing down at NSS and letting her run a series race.

not that that excuses it. i pointed out back then that both the weekly shows and all of the Tour shows have reciprocal statements in their rulebooks that any suspension at any FASCAR track or tour is supposed to be enforced across all tracks, classes and tours.

Todd at least get your facts straight, it absolutely was a FASCAR track/event.

both registered on the board this month, both with post counts <20.

any other questions?

What a joke, 2 people register in the same month and right away they are the same people ??
I wish you could jump into the lead, as fast as you jump to conclusions !! I repeat I do not even know who bossman (or you) are.

It really sucks when mediocre drivers (with rich daddies) opinions count for more than the actual facts, what are they gonna do, take their soccer ball and go home ?? What a shame that would be, all that would be left are talented drivers, who do it for the love of the sport, and maybe take home a few bucks, no-one makes a living at this, but the “special ones” avoid getting a real job, to support their racing habit. Pity…