Fellow Karnacians at Ocala

This was my first time visiting Ocala as a dirt track. What a fine racing establishment. After seeing the racing there I really think OSW would make a great dirt track. There was hotties by the beer stand, the stands were packed, great car counts, MINI DONUTS, cold beer and good food. I got to finally put some faces with names. I met Old Sunshine Fan, Badfoot, Winger, Osmosis Jones, Stgbean54, Jerrys friend John?? and ran into some others like Haudfan, and Frasson. Rumor was Jack Tripper was there too but I think he was afraid to be seen because he heard Jim Fenton was nearby.
My only complaint was the girl in front of me that took up about four spots needed to either wear a longer shirt or shave the (not so) happy trail on her back.

I tried to meet some folks, but as usual duty called and I spent most free moments doing something that needed to be done. I guess that’s the downfall of working at a top notch racing facility in that it requires constant attention, therefore hurting our social lives. LOL! Anyway, I met a few, missed a few, and saw a few more from a distance.

Thanks to everyone who came out, and hopefully we get to see all of you back in beautiful downtown Zuber soon!

I am glad I took a night off from work to go it was a great night all the way around.I love going to the races and seeing a full grandstand.Good job by everybody at Ocala.

I had every intention of meeting up with everyone at Winger’s Photo Hut at 6:30 but then I got out of work late and on top of that the turnpike was backed up about five miles at Hwy 50, so I didn’t get there until 7:30ish.

I then felt it best to sit with Karnac’s favorite castoff, Osmosis Jones.

I stand by my decision.

:huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024:

I was also there, I’d like to meet some of you that I have never met as well…Decent race, good crowd and all, but man was it HOTTTTTT, holy crap.

Hot is an understatement! Even the AC in the tower pooped out, but between myself and Rick Anges that was quite a bit of hot air for it to deal with. LOL!

BTW…Thanks to Rick and Jack for a job well done, and I had a blast announcing the Thunder Stock and Mini Stocks, plus the other stuff in between.

Thanks to everyone who came out for the event, fans and racers included!

[QUOTE=Edm;28554]This was my first time visiting Ocala as a dirt track. What a fine racing establishment. After seeing the racing there I really think OSW would make a great dirt track. There was hotties by the beer stand, the stands were packed, great car counts, MINI DONUTS, cold beer and good food. I got to finally put some faces with names. I met Old Sunshine Fan, Badfoot, Winger, Osmosis Jones, Stgbean54, Jerrys friend John?? and ran into some others like Haudfan, and Frasson. Rumor was Jack Tripper was there too but I think he was afraid to be seen because he heard Jim Fenton was nearby.
My only complaint was the girl in front of me that took up about four spots needed to either wear a longer shirt or shave the (not so) happy trail on her back.[/QUOTE]

Good meeting you EDM as well as all the other degenerates from this forum.
OSF must have stopped and ate before coming to the track(I saw an empty pizza box in his truck), because the concessions did not run out of burgers.

Great job BJ, not only at Ocala but also at Bronson tonight. My wife said our sportsman heat race was more exciting than the feature. Lots of paint swapped in the heat.:huepfen024:

—JIM—

Like Tripper, I too sat with Karnac’s favorite banned member Osmosis Jones. My only question is why didn’t OJ have on his “I’ve been banned” t-shirt?..Hey Ed thanks for buying the last Gatorade at the concession stand.

As for the racing, the late model feature was OK. I’m not sure anybody had anything for Keith Nosbisch.

I Was There Too, But

[QUOTE=HaudFan;28643]
As for the racing, the late model feature was OK. I’m not sure anybody had anything for Keith Nosbisch.[/QUOTE]

HUH?

OSF: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:

OSF, here’s why OK…

1. Keith Nosbisch had a straight away lead in the feature before he pulled into the infield.
  2. As the track blacked off, no one in the top four or five was willing to step out and try the top side.
  3. Hoped for longer green flag runs.

Understood (I think)

I was in the pit stands (as far as into turn 1 as possible - actually, the only thing to MY right was the trees).
You are right about one thing… it sure was follow the leader with the top five for a long long time. Not sure if anyone had anything for the leader, but as you say, no one wanted to go high in Turn 1, they were huggin the low side.
I told someone that track was harder than the I-75 I was going to drive home on. (I do think I had better grip on the way home as well).

I don’t think that I have ever been to a track that sold out of water and Gatorade before beer. The Mini do-nuts stand had water but it was warm. Beer was cold all night.
I thought the racing was great but then again I have been watching 10 car features all year. I love watching the late models be completely sideways inches apart coming out of 4 and be in complete control.

Hey Edm

Just imagine what it would have been had it been hot?

I love late models on dirt… slide em boys thru dem turns…

Not sure how those guys were able to be in the cars during cautions and sitting still (hopefully, when moving they had enough air coming thru, but it had to have been WARM air at that).

Hey, I just want to chime in and say it was great to meet people I’ve known on the internet for a few years. I wish I had more time to talk but at least I got to put names to faces. I finally met the banned Frasson and OJ and it’s to bad they aren’t welcome here. Real great race fans. Also met Haudfan for the second week in a row. Now if I can just remember his face so I recognize him the next time we meet, I won’t feel so senile. OSF was there early and is always a treat. Stgbean, it was great to put a face to the name. Stop by anytime. I met Edm for the first time and was surprised to see him at a dirt track. Wish I’d had more time to talk. Ocala76 was there to give me a hard time as usual. JK It had been a few weeks since I’ve seen him though. OSR did stop in after the races and give me a hard time though. He always does that. I miss seeing him on a weekly basis. I missed Tripper, will have to catch him next time. Of course , I see Knotmazud on a weekly basis. I did see Jack Smith and Rick briefly. They do a lot for the sport and it’s good to have them involved. Really great to meet such a GREAT group of people. Wish we could all just get together for a few hours and kick back and talk. It was also great for me to see Rick Warren , a great photographer and a person I consider a friend. He’s not a member of this board but is a contributor to Karnac. He’s helped me a bunch in the past and it was great to see him again.

IMG_9414_filteredresized.JPG

IMG_9415_filteredresized.jpg

I see pictures but I don’t see names…:fragend005:

Hope I get these right. :slight_smile:
Top photo from left to right: Stgbean, OSF, EDM, and Haudfan
Center photo: Frasson118 and Osmosis Jones
Bottom photo: Frasson, OJ, Ocala76, Stgbean, and part of OSF. Guess I didn’t crop enough. OSF had just been to the concession. :slight_smile:

Then I DID see Jerry walking in front of the grandstands. He’s a lot shor…er…er…I mean… not as tall as I thought he would be and OJ looks nothing like I had pictured in my head.:grinser010:

Imagine if they had seen you for the first time.
Comments like ‘douchbag’ somehow come to my mind…LOL :sprachlos020:

:aetsch013::grinser010::engel016:
-JIM-

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;28763]Imagine if they had seen you for the first time.
Comments like ‘douchbag’ somehow come to my mind…LOL :sprachlos020:

:aetsch013::grinser010::engel016:
-JIM-[/QUOTE]

LOL, Wow! Thats pretty damn funny.

Hey EDM

Wouldn’t be so funny if you ever saw OLD STYLE…

I can only look at him BEFORE I EAT…otherwise, I’ll toss my lunch.

The dude is FUGLY for sure… hell, he scares small children and animals whereever he goes (and that ain’t in my head either)

Actually, most people have remarked that I was the best looking person in those photos, my my agent told me not to remark on that and to keep people from taking my photo in the future unless they get his (agent) approval.