Eastbay Legendary Announcer Passes Away

Earlier today, my good friend and Eastbay announcing partner Whit Holley passed away after battling several long-term medical ailments. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this extremely difficult time. Your Eastbay family will never forget you.

I had a chance to work with Whit a couple of times at East Bay a few years ago… He was a good guy and really loved his racing… RIP, buddy…

Condolences…

Sad news when we lose one of our racing family… His family are in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless…
carolwicks aka OZ

RIP Whit

I had the pleasure of working with Whit announcing races at East Bay. 5 years ago he welcomed me to the booth and showed me the ropes of announcing racing at East Bay. Whit had a wonderful passion for racing but most of all he was a good person and a good friend. I will miss him dearly. My condolences go out to his entire family and our East Bay family.

Jason Loughren
East Bay Announcer

I too had the opportunity to work along side Whit Holley at East Bay. Around 5 years ago he welcomed me to the tower and showed me the ropes of announcing the races. I am going to miss him dearly. He was as passionate about racing as anyone I ever met. More importantly he was a good man and even better friend. My condolences to his family and to the East Bay family. Rest in peace Whit, it won’t be the same without you.

Jason Loughren
East Bay Announcer

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family. Whit was a pleasure to know. He enjoyed the racing and never let any of us forget how to laugh no matter what was going on at the track. RIP friend. We will miss you.

Larry Sams and all the staff of the ASCS Rebel Region Sprint Cars.

Whit and I never got to meet but we use to e-mail each other on racing. He was a very dear and sweet man and my prayers and love go out to his family. You don’t have to meet someone in person to care or be friends and Whit and I proved that.

Rest in peace Whit, you will be missed but you will also be remembered.

Jane

I always loved going to Eastbay and working with Whit he was a great guy and always kept a smile on everyones face in the booth. He will be missed.