fascar rule change !

here we go again , another middle of the season rule change ! all divisions tires must be inside fenders , no exceptions ! except for modified tires cannot go past the nerf bars . good rule for safety but not everyone who this might affect can afford to make changes . some may have to spend a couple grand to re-body their car . better to implement this rule for the 2010 season give the guys who cant afford it right now time to come up with the cash . the new rule is on the new smyrna website . with the way the economy is right now you would think they would want to save the racers money not find more ways to get them to spend more . i bet the payoff isnt going to go up to help out !

Who’s bright idea was this? None of it makes any sense to change rules half way through the season unless they want to run everybody off or it is safety issue. From what I can see of car counts lately, they are doing a good job at it. And we are one of them that have left because of the way I was treated by an official who had no business butting in on something that had nothing to do with them. I just went through the pictures of feature winners and some of Super Stocks had their tires sticking out but so did the Legends and Bandeleros. This means if we want to come back we have to buy new wheels with a different offset. Spending more money for us to race at a FASCAR track is not what we want to do. Guess we are not wanted back ever…

Yeah, I am gonna go out and spend 100’s of dollars on new wheels and time re-scaling the car, or fixing the body so I can race. I don’t f—ing think so, I will race some place else. Maybe at the end of the season these changes can be made, makes sense then.

This is something they seem unable to stop doing each year. I know they pulled it on the Sportsmen Series in 06 the first year they owned them. This would be the time to tell drivers of the changes to the rules that will happen NEXT YEAR! Not NOW in the middle. But what do we know?:smilie_bett:

and some of Super Stocks had their tires sticking out but so did the Legends and Bandeleros.

Mini-Stocks as well, i think.

i don’t know if the wheels that they made me buy ( because they won’t allow the factory rims ) for the Probe will be illegal or not but it hardly matters to me.

And we are one of them that have left because of the way I was treated by an official who had no business butting in on something that had nothing to do with them.

should i even ask? probably not.

is there anyone who has an explanation as to why this rule change is so urgent? was there some spectacular wreck i missed or what?

you might think of moving to super stock division at VCS.
Why did they let a stock division start letting tires get out that far anyways?
there must be clarifacation to the rule.

A little explanation from FASCAR is in order.

Will this be enforced?
If so, when does it start?
Why the urgency? Is it something from the insurance company, or does it just look cool light brake lights?

geez you “Guys” sure do get your panties in a wad for no reason.

last time I was at a fascar track (few weeks ago) the only division i saw with their wheels sticking out past the body was modifieds.

But hey, maybe therules have gotten so out of hand since ive been gone that the superstocke now look like modifieds.

come on guys im sure fascar is going to disqualify every one of you because the wheels stick out 1/4 inch past the fenders of your superstock or sportsman

ps. there’s a bunch of whiners on this board

Junior Hanley’s car is well within the rules…

[QUOTE=M_Seay10;29717]geez you “Guys” sure do get your panties in a wad for no reason.

last time I was at a fascar track (few weeks ago) the only division i saw with their wheels sticking out past the body was modifieds.

But hey, maybe therules have gotten so out of hand since ive been gone that the superstocke now look like modifieds.

come on guys im sure fascar is going to disqualify every one of you because the wheels stick out 1/4 inch past the fenders of your superstock or sportsman

ps. there’s a bunch of whiners on this board[/QUOTE]

Bite me Mike

maybe the next rule change affects late models , causing them to spend a bunch of money . might sing a different tune . unless you got a rich daddy changin ur diapers .

I got news for all of you, if you can’t afford to buy 4 rims you all need to sell your cars and take up knitting!

I used to bend more than 4 rims a season.

My cars NEVER had the wheels outside the body. Well, maybe the 1/4" thing.

I will not defend why they changed the rule, maybe it was safety. That i could agree with if i could find a copy of the tape of Mike Todd taking out the flag stand at OSW back in 93’ i believe because he and another car banged wheels the same time he hit the wall and his Limited Late model went STRAIGHT UP!

Major rule changes i can see a complaint but some of the whining i read about rules, payout, tire cost and so on…the economy…I knew when i raced i was going to spend somewhere between $100-$300 every weekend (without wrecking or major failure) i loaded the car up to race without a major sponsor, a rich daddy or knowing in advance what the payout was.

I was a racer and that’s what i did every weekend.

When i can afford to again…i will do things again the exact same way.

PS. Dave, i didn’t realize a camaro hood could be that flexible…nice pic.

Part of the reason for this group of posts again, is because they always change rules in the middle of race season. If it’s for safty then it’s cool. But it’s thing like a new company’s tires you have to have NOW. That gets old. That’s what the start of next season is for.

[QUOTE=Benny The Mule;29754]I got news for all of you, if you can’t afford to buy 4 rims you all need to sell your cars and take up knitting!

I used to bend more than 4 rims a season.

My cars NEVER had the wheels outside the body. Well, maybe the 1/4" thing.

I will not defend why they changed the rule, maybe it was safety. That i could agree with if i could find a copy of the tape of Mike Todd taking out the flag stand at OSW back in 93’ i believe because he and another car banged wheels the same time he hit the wall and his Limited Late model went STRAIGHT UP!

Major rule changes i can see a complaint but some of the whining i read about rules, payout, tire cost and so on…the economy…I knew when i raced i was going to spend somewhere between $100-$300 every weekend (without wrecking or major failure) i loaded the car up to race without a major sponsor, a rich daddy or knowing in advance what the payout was.

I was a racer and that’s what i did every weekend.

When i can afford to again…i will do things again the exact same way.

PS. Dave, i didn’t realize a camaro hood could be that flexible…nice pic.[/QUOTE]

Blah, blah, blah, singing to the choir. Ok, you used to bend more then 4 rims a year and spend anywhere up to $300 a weekend. Where did that get you? Can’t afford to race now! Point is, things are tough for almost everyone in this economy. Why spend MORE money then you already have too?

Hey EDM

Can we say “BITE ME” on this site?

U Gonna git in trouble son…I just can’t see why you guys have to be so hateful and cruel to one another (lol)

Now, the real OSF… KEEP IT UP - SOUNDS OK TO ME (but then, I’m not a closet moderator).

OSF: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:

You really don’t want to know what I really wanted to say. If you think that is bad you should hear us at an Ihop or Pub44

EDM, Time and money for my kids activities took a front seat. i have a car and it will be ready when i’m ready. The only time i made money racing (if that’s what i should call it) was when i drove cars while mine was at home otherwise i spent money racing.

Rick Williamson, I didn’t cover what you posted but you are right, the buy MY tires or MY fuel doesn’t set well with me especially if it changes mid season.

Perfect example, i know of a driver up here DQ’ed a couple or weeks ago because he filled his car with pump gas on the way to the track and bought (some) track gas for the main, they took his win away…they DQ’ed him because you MUST run the track’s gas,:mad:.

PS. EDM, Where did that get me? In a racecar at a racetrack every weekend. That’s merely how i and many others approached it and some still do now…If all racers thought this way the field of cars would be huge.

maybe the next rule change affects late models , causing them to spend a bunch of money . might sing a different tune . unless you got a rich daddy changin ur diapers .

first of all you dont need to re body your car just to make it so that the wheels dont stick out past the fenders(unless you have a modified body on a superstock) . and if you did rebody your car it shouldnt cost you a couple thousand unless you buy a brand new ABC body.

P.S. I Dont have a rich daddy or any sponsors and I did not get into latemodel thinking it was going to be cheap either.

i hope you’re joking Mikey, because otherwise you’re blind.

Ed and Rex jumping up and asking for clarification should have clued you in a teensy bit on Sportsman and Mini-Stocks. and as i said, i don’t know what their opinion on my Probe’s wheels is going to be. it’s close enough that they could probably call it either direction.

and whatever they rule for me is going to go for Tim Walters, Neil Kirby and Dave Leeper because we’re all running the same wheels.

the saddest thing is that this isn’t really a wheel issue, it’s a driver issue.

when your Late Model and Modified drivers can’t get through most heat races without wrecking something or spinning each other all over the place, how far the tire sticks out doesn’t really have much to do with it. FASCAR thought they’d solve that problem by getting rid of the heat races and putting all the wrecks into the feature.

I got news for all of you, if you can’t afford to buy 4 rims you all need to sell your cars and take up knitting! I used to bend more than 4 rims a season.

ummm, i’ve run multiple seasons and hundreds of laps in enduro’s and had multiple tires beaten off of my car and the tie rods bent dozens of times and i haven’t destroyed a wheel on the Probe yet. not even the factory aluminum rims that came on the car that everybody whines about being so ‘weak’.

and as Ed says, you’d be a lot more impressive if you could actually afford to race. :aetsch013: