Blast From the Past.....

i just got my dvd in the mail and watched it this afternoon… WOW!!! so many guys ive missed in racing!!! some really good friends… i love the tape and Bob & Robert did a great job…even my bud Don (the young one) hahaha… The interviews were fun …
I have one problem…
the person who made this all happen…the person who did all the hard work… the person who spent months preparing and delivering was not mentioned one time. There isnt much can be done this time but for heaven’s sake when it happens again PLEASE mention the name of the person (in this case J~O~Y~C~E) and interview them!!!
Joyce… you did a wonderful thing and there is no doubt the “veteran” drivers and staff of different speedways seemed so honored to be remembered…
Thank you so much…
GREAT job done by all ! Now don’t forget the T~H~I~R~D annual Richie Evans modified re-union at New Smyrna in February… sponsored and created by JERRY BINNER !!! will keep you posted…:ernaehrung004:
Carol Wicks aka OZ

P.S. Thank you Bob Culbertson for the DVD’s… and thank you Robert Howell for making the long trip and helping…

You are right Carol I should have interviewed Joyce. I got a Squse tho, I was like a kid in a candy store with all my old hero’s there waiting for their turn at the mic. Next year I’ll take a cue from jerry. His interviews were more
organized although the spontainious works too. I did list Joyce in the credits.
I would like to personally thank Joyce and Don and Sandy for planning and hosting the BFP. It was a most enjoyable day and because of modern technology we can continue to enjoy it. I for got to mention, Robert did an excellent job. He is a great asset to my business. Thanks Bob…

Bob… actually there is NO organization to the interviews I do at the Mod Reunion. I found it to be much more fun by pulling all the questions off the top of my head, and never knowing who will be up there to interview next.

I try real hard to not ask the obvious questions, but try to pull something good out of their own memories. In other words, I want them to recall something that they either forgot about, or a story they haven’t told in a long time. I would like them to feel some good memories themselves, while at the same time, entertaining the audience. Too many standard questions isn’t much of a thrill to either the interviewer or the guest.

I don’t even know who did the interviews for this DVD (haven’t seen it yet), but the 2 best people I can think of to play MC’s, would be Dave Westerman and Marty Little. They would be able to create great questions, plus the ability to feed off of each answer and expand on the direction that the conversation is going.

I’m proud that you chose me as “something to shoot for” but honestly, I don’t have a clue what I’m doing!

I guess I’ll join the club of “don’t have a clue what I am doing” Other than shooting your reunion and a little stringer work for broadcast I have not a clue. With broadcast work if your by your self you ask a couple questions about the subjeact you are talking to them about and let them expound on that. Thats what I tried to do at first. I got Jimmy cope to start out the interviews and he got tired and D on narone took over and he got tired and I gave the mic to Robert Howell. He did an excellent job. The trouble with Don and Jimmy they were talking to old friends and just happened to be holding a mic. All in all I am pround of how it turned out. It was good to see you and roger. You guys will have to treck down to CCMP one night. Let me know and I’ll sign you in under my name. Thanks Bob…

flvideo you did a great job but you should have got shot of that deer

that jumped out in front of me in turn two and caused me to hit wall

after watchin the race and seeing all the other guys spinning out there must have been deer ever were just in the open wheel modifieds

thats my story and i’m sticking to it i could have missed them deer if i would have had wider tires i never drove with 8 inch tires before i think when we raced back then they were 12 inch

:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

I got my DVD in the mail last night and watch it today. Great job Bob on everything. The interviews and the racing were great, loved the modified race a lot. Looked like they were having one heck of a good time spinning out coming off turn 2.
I also like to say thanks to everyone that had a hand in to making Blast From The Past a great success for all!!!

[SIZE=“5”]WOOT WOOT HURRAY :huepfen024:[/SIZE]