Driver Safety Tips - Seat Belts

Greetings all.

I know a lot of drivers hang out around here, so I thought I would share an article I posted to that website down in my signature that me and HaudFan work on. While the article is written by sprint car driver Scotty Adema, I think it’s applicable to anyone that straps into a racecar.

Hopefully you will find it interesing.

http://floridasprintcarfans.com/?p=1018

Do not just READ IT understand it. Your life is on the line.
I gave a brend new 5 point latch and link set from Simpson to a vintage owner up in NC. He had a 3 point and a sam brown belt. Very period for a parade deal but not all out racing. Could aford the car but not the correct belts. :ernaehrung004:

very good article! thanks for sharing.

Hey Tripp… great article… I know alot of people may goofaw that but it is a section of safety that is often overlooked…

remember… Go fast… turn left

[QUOTE=flraceguy;34447]Hey Tripp… great article… I know alot of people may goofaw that but it is a section of safety that is often overlooked…

remember… Go fast… turn left[/QUOTE]
Only on pavement, on Dirt turn RIGHT to go LEFT!!! :ernaehrung004:

Attached is a photo from Citrus Speedway’s Saturday night 4 cyl. bomber figure 8 race. This was the first roll of a series. If you look in the upper left corner of the picture, you will see the drivers helmet flying through the air. Let me emphasize this safety tip: BUCKLE THE HELMET BEFORE PUTTING THE CAR IN GEAR!!! The driver did get out of the car and played to the crowd. However , he did have a good gash on his head and I believe he was sent to the hospital for stiches, etc.

IMG_9590ee_filtered.JPG

Jeepers! What a picture!

Thanks Boneman,
I have the series of 26 images that show this wreck. I’ve got a bunch of pictures to edit but they should be on my site by Wednesday.