Should we call it "The Don-less"?

Since Don Nerone is no longer working on the FASCAR Crash A Rama show, the enduro should be renamed. Someone suggested we base the new name on the late model race he held at CMP last summer, “The Don”.

For the first time there is a published rule book for the C.A.R. enduro; that is cause to celebrate right there. Naming the race “The Don-less” could help bring back some competitors. What do you think?

Actually Rex, that was not very nice. You make Don sound like the worse person in the world and he is not. I worked with him on many enduros from Orlando and one once at Columbia and he always gave it his best. I also worked with him on Crash-A-Rama and he worked his butt off for that event. Remember Kim also traveled with him and the crew as their scorer when they did the tv thing. He does not just sit around and give orders, he is out there working just as hard as anyone else and this I have seen myself.

Sorry but personally I think that was a real put down to Don. I never once saw him try and not get cars and I did his mailing list for him to send out entries for the enduros, hundreds of them. But if you think naming it “the Don less” will bring in more cars, well, then that is your choice.

But personally, that was a real low blow to a man who gave it his all to make Crash-A-Ramas entertaining.

Ah, exactly the type of reasoned response I expected from a message board. I never come on here and bash Don. Go look it up, you won’t find anything.

Its a joke, lighten up.

Sorry Rex but it did not feel like a joke - sorry. Just I have seen so many blame Don for this and that but he is a very good person and human like the rest of us. I am sure he knows he has made mistakes but then again, who of us has not? Just sounded like naming it that would bring more drivers and like I said, Don worked his butt off for Crash-A-Ramas. Alot of guys would have sat back and just given orders but he was not that way and Sandy would get on him about doing too much since Don is no longer a spring chicken like he thinks.

Sorry if I did not take your joke well but I am not ashamed to say that Sandy and Don are friends of mine no matter what. Anyway - sorry

Don is a tough dude and I am sure it didn’t bother him in the least.

Don’t apologize any more, you are making me feel all guilty!

Jane, you are a sweetie; just remember that most of us are low-lifes.

Jane…

i too consider Don and Sandy friends and i too know what racing REALLY meant to them. But… Rex and i are really close friends and i know he doesnt have a mean bone in his body… it was meant in fun and to have a race named after don would be good… don never let the internet get under his skin. he got frustrated with all the negative BS but what people thought of him wasnt a priority.
Rex would NEVER hurt anyone intentionally…so chill my friend… this board makes monsters out of nice people. hahaha
luv ya
carol

shut up rex… you r makin a liar outta me ya mean SOB ! rofll… hey Jane… how bout “The Donduro”?

i really wish you had not have started on don nerone

i have heard of boneless - pennyless -dic-less home less child less -brain less but never have i ever heard of a don less i hope you did not think that this shi= was funny :huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024:

Everyone of you is missing the point. There is a new sheriff in town at Crash A Rama. This show has a proven winning formula and I hope it is on the verge of another growth spurt.

I think the published rule book is a big step forward to help attract some new enduro racers. See for yourself: http://crash-a-rama.com/html/contests.shtml

It is pretty wide open, and hopefully will be a step back toward the glory days of enduros when the fields were full and the fans were happy. Yes, it is also a work in progress, but let the new CAR team work out the problems. Don’t worry, I’m sure we can find someone around here to point out everything that we think is wrong.

To ronabneysr,
Yes, I did think it was very funny. I just wish it was me who thought of it! As best I can recall, it was one of our fellow KARNAC readers…

who’s got the whatchamacallit to hold a big race and name it after himself?

and only pull four ( or whatever it was ) cars?

Oh Rex, you rascal, you…

C’mon Rex…make the move to the Dark Side with yours truly.

Say what you feel and think. Don’t worry about political correctness.

You’ll sleep better and with a big smirk on your face to boot.

:aetsch013:

(oh…I got it the first time and I’m as dumb as a rock. And to think, I’ve only known you for a few short years now. I can’t wait until we get to be really close friends.)

Like I said, I am sorry if I over reacted but so much has been said in the past and I personally know how hard Don worked on Crash-A-Ramas. I over reacted and I am sorry. Don may get a good laugh off this but I honestly don’t know right now. He and Sandy have been thru hell and back and I am not sure what kind of sense of humor he has right now. I just couldn’t sit back and let all the hard work he has done in the past be put down even jokingly. Except for Rusty Marcus, who would go out and cut the grass and weed eat at Orlando if needed, most General Managers don’t really get their hands dirty. I have watched Tonya on the tractor before at Volusia and worked her butt off to help prepare the track.

I have watched Don put up lights, work on anything and everything around the tracks and Rusty do the same. Not all General Managers will do that. They usually just sit and tell someone else to do it but Don was never that way and like I said, he is no spring chicken either.

Anyway, sorry I over reacted and I don’t want you to feel guilty, but it has not been the best of days and that just hit me wrong when I read it. I know you would never put someone down Rex, you are not that type of man. So forgive me for over reacting.

Jane

wtg jane

jane never be sorry tell them how you feel :ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

Hey Boner…

shame on you…:grinser010:

for trying to be funny on dis hear boad…:sprachlos020:

Don has a thick skin and a sence of humor,so if you don’t hear the ‘wrath’ from Don then ‘don’t worry’bout it’.:dry:

-GYUM-(pronounced gee-um. one syllable word with two syllables):huh:

[QUOTE=Osmosis Jones;37822]C’mon Rex…make the move to the Dark Side with yours truly.

Say what you feel and think. Don’t worry about political correctness.

You’ll sleep better and with a big smirk on your face to boot.

:aetsch013:

(oh…I got it the first time and I’m as dumb as a rock. And to think, I’ve only known you for a few short years now. I can’t wait until we get to be really close friends.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah what he said. If any of you know road racer Dino Steiner he once told me something that really makes alot of sense. “F. U. if you can’t take a joke”

I’ve known Don since the early days at the Gate… Sure he pissed some people off and some pissed him off… big deal, some people can’t move on and will talk crap forever…

Don has most likely forgot more about racing and tracks than others will ever know. His going to Columbia was a suicide move for sure… great track with a history of issues… one man can’t undo in one year what has taken MANY years to develop. Hopefully Day can pull something out of his bag of tricks (oops, no pun intended Day).

Back to Don… he’s a tough ole bird… anyone that really knows him surly knows some puns thrown his way will be received as thrown… Don can handle his own… been around the block a time or two (or several thousands).
Where ever Don lands, someone will benefit from years of experience.

[QUOTE=Old Sunshine Fan;37856]I’ve known Don since the early days at the Gate… Sure he pissed some people off and some pissed him off… big deal, some people can’t move on and will talk crap forever…

Don has most likely forgot more about racing and tracks than others will ever know. His going to Columbia was a suicide move for sure… great track with a history of issues… one man can’t undo in one year what has taken MANY years to develop. Hopefully Day can pull something out of his bag of tricks (oops, no pun intended Day).

Back to Don… he’s a tough ole bird… anyone that really knows him surly knows some puns thrown his way will be received as thrown… Don can handle his own… been around the block a time or two (or several thousands).
Where ever Don lands, someone will benefit from years of experience.[/QUOTE]

Get off your knees son!

Boneman I can not beleive you would say that about Don Nerone!! And just to think that i was cheering for you the other night at the Bitlo 25 lap Mini-stock race when you were running againt David russel :frowning:

All joking and kidding put aside, Don Nerone knows more about Florida Short Track racing than most anyone else I know. If you had been at the BLAST FROM THE PAST at Columbia, you would have seen that also. Don would be the first to tell anyone and everyone, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TRACK and he does mean just that. He has alot of knowledge in him about Florida’s short track racing history and I enjoy listening to him tell the tales.

Just like anyone else in racing, Don is respected and disliked but the man knows racing and knows the history of racing. He has this book he made when he ran his series before it became Hooter’s Cup which is absolutely the most awesome book I have ever seen in racing. He showed it to me either last year or the year before at the Governor’s Cup at New Smyrna. That book is priceless just as Don’s knowledge is priceless.

I understand Rex’s joke and that some would jump for joy to see the race named “The Don Less” race but the man has my respect and always will have. Sure he has made mistakes, so have we all, but he always did what he thought was best for racing and that is all anyone can do.

Hey! I didn’t do it! I finally remembered who came up with it. To protect his identity, I’ll say his name in code. “Odd-tay Ickcreary-may”.

He feeds me all the funny lines.

[QUOTE=Boneman;37864]Hey! I didn’t do it! I finally remembered who came up with it. To protect his identity, I’ll say his name in code. “Odd-tay Ickcreary-may”.

He feeds me all the funny lines.[/QUOTE]

You’re a rat.