CMP practice Saturday

The final practice at CMP prior to the start of the 2010 season will this Saturday. Gates open at 1:00 pm and practice starts at 2:00 pm and runs till dark with an entry fee of $12.00 per person. The concession stand will also be open. There will also be a race car display from 9:00 am till noon Saturday morning at Lightning Pawn on US 301 in Starke. Stop by and check out the cars and while the drivers tell lies about how good they think they are.

was planning on going up but weather forcast is calling for all afternoon rain and near freezing temps .

Sunshine at CMP

Late morning saw the rain stop and the skies clear for a great afternoon of practice. It looks like CMP will have a good turnout for the season opener next Saturday. There were as many cars practicing over the past 2 weekends as CMP saw for it’s regular races last season. Looks like Rick Day is already getting things turned around.

Good to hear things are turning around up there. I was impressed by Rick Day during the meeting a few months ago.
I know you’re happy to run that track closest to your house.
Good luck my friend. :huepfen024:
-JIM-

how were the track repairs done ? patched or paved ? how about the pit area ? anything done to keep the dust down ? looking forward to a great season this year !

Upgrades

The patches helped a lot. There were 2 large sections exiting turns 2 and 4 that were cut out and replaced and they seem have done a pretty good job on it. The car didn’t get upset on either under full throttle. I understand that when things get better, there are plans to repave the entire track. Hopefull that happens at the end of this season. They were extending the roof on the pit side consession stand yesterday over the ordering windows. Looked to be about 10 foot out. Otherwise the pits are pretty much the same. From what I’ve heard, a lot of money that could have went into repairs had to be spent on replacing tech tools, to include the scales, and other items that left with the previous manager. But that’s ok. Nothing can be blamed on the tools now because they are all new. There was a positive vibe around the track. Even had a couple of cars and drivers practicing that have been gone for the past couple of years.Things are changing and I think we are about to see CMP come back to life. Thanks Jim, you have to come on and visit.

a lot of money that could have went into repairs had to be spent on replacing tech tools, to include the scales, and other items that left with the previous manager.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.