OSW Crowd...

There always seems to be one person with more money and can buy tires every week. The average joe/jane who race, can’t. They are doing good just to get to the track and have alittle fun with today’s economy. Yes, the answer would be to make it cheaper for people to race but no matter what unless there is a rule about no new tires every week, you can’t stop those who can afford to buy weekly tires from buying them.

There was a time that Super Stocks had to buy used tires from the modified drivers since they weren’t allowed new tires but when the modified count went down, they could not find those used tires so easily and had to buy new tires to get tires. But I do know some guys raced on those new tires for as long as they would go because they did not have the money to buy more tires.

There are many people who would love to see the cost of racing be easier because we have alot of parked cars out there that no longer race because of the expense. They just plain can’t afford it and don’t want to come and run in the rear all the time because they can’t compete with the money guys. And you can discuss this forever but normally nothing changes and we just see less and less cars at the tracks which is sad.

If you have a parked car right now, what would it take for you to unpark the car and be able to race???

There always seems to be one person with more money

[B][I]That’s life… It’s the same every where, from racing to boat riding, bike cruising, fishing or hunting, There is always one with better equipment, going further, faster & so on.

So next time you decide you go racing, make sure the class, track, serie you will race is at a level you can afford or that you will be pleased with the budget you are ready or capable of investing in your new venture.

Racing a Street Stock on dirt is fun and affordable. Following a serie, racing door to door, week in week out with the ‘‘top notch Late Model racers’’ is a very expensive full time job that you are not being paid for, so bring your own cash and lotsa it.[/I][/B]

Honestly… Super stock should go back to the old rule of using scuffs… And not purchasing new tires… If you know how to use scuffs and how to hook your car up, there is no reason to purchase new tires… And quite honestly, Super Stock is a move up class where you have some modifications and a couple of adjustments so that you learn how to get the car to hook up. Don’t forget this is supposed to be a moving up class… Please Todd, DOT tires, again this is a class that is supposed to be above strictly stock not at the same level… A learning class that helps you progress and learn. Make the super stocks go back to scuffs, NO NEW TIRES. This will decrease the amount of money that is needed to “compete” weekly. I will bet once you eliminate this huge expense, you will find that cars will be much more competitive as then people will have to work on getting their cars to handle correctly which is tough in Super Stock.

Don’t forget, there are three, excuse me now 4 classes that use 8" tires… Modifieds, E-mods, Trucks, and Super Stocks. There is absolutely no reason that Super Stock cannot get Scuffs from the other two divisions. A great way to make the field more competitive…

Have a great day all…

Please Todd, DOT tires, again this is a class that is supposed to be above strictly stock not at the same level.

a - take up your objection with the OSW Super Stock champion
b - as far as i’m aware, i was posting some of the fastest times ever for a Strictly. time around OSW? 17.95-18.05 Super Stocks are, what, 1.5 to 2 seconds a lap faster? i’m pretty sure they’re a step “above”.

Todd we aren’t talking about a lightweight Ford Probe… We are talking about a 3,200# car, not a car that is at most 2,400#, that is front wheel drive and that we all know should do corners better and therefore turns a very fast time there…

Ive turned the same lap times with a full size 70’s monte carlo

The “Super Stocks” in Inverness run on street tires.
one of are local fascar drivers who I will not name took their super stock to Citrus and was allowed to run but would not be scored because he was running slicks. out of 16 cars he finished 8th. yep got out ran by a car on street tires

Todd we aren’t talking about a lightweight Ford Probe… We are talking about a 3,200# car, not a car that is at most 2,400#, that is front wheel drive and that we all know should do corners better and therefore turns a very fast time there…

way to completely miss the point, Duane. i’m not pointing out how fast my car is. i’m pointing out how slow Strictlys are.

my oh so powerful, lightweight, cornering on rails Probe still laps … ~2 seconds slower than a Super Stock. and i put up some of the fastest times in the class, most Strictlys are 1/2 sec or more slower than me. some are lucky to break 20 sec.

ergo, Super Stocks are a step above Strictly Stocks.

now, if you were to let me lower the car, put in race springs and jacking bolts and reprogram the ECU and bolt on 8" slicks what could i do? i might go slower if you made me weigh 3200lbs.

also, you have no idea how much my car weighs as i am 150lbs over your “most”. and i really ought to have 1 more door bar ( right now i have 3 and 2 ) on each side of the car.

haha I much as I hate them little probes “nosiey little cars” I’d love to see a "super/mini stock probe…bet paycheck it would kill a big car:aetsch013:

[QUOTE=Todd McCreary;44152]Todd we aren’t talking about a lightweight Ford Probe… We are talking about a 3,200# car, not a car that is at most 2,400#, that is front wheel drive and that we all know should do corners better and therefore turns a very fast time there…

way to completely miss the point, Duane. i’m not pointing out how fast my car is. i’m pointing out how slow Strictlys are.

my oh so powerful, lightweight, cornering on rails Probe still laps … ~2 seconds slower than a Super Stock. and i put up some of the fastest times in the class, most Strictlys are 1/2 sec or more slower than me. some are lucky to break 20 sec.

ergo, Super Stocks are a step above Strictly Stocks.

now, if you were to let me lower the car, put in race springs and jacking bolts and reprogram the ECU and bolt on 8" slicks what could i do? i might go slower if you made me weigh 3200lbs.

also, you have no idea how much my car weighs as i am 150lbs over your “most”. and i really ought to have 1 more door bar ( right now i have 3 and 2 ) on each side of the car.[/QUOTE]

My apologies Todd… I had forgotten that you are one of the people who actually put a cage in their smaller car… And Think of it this way… A fully loaded Probe from Ford is at most 2,800, Strip seats and all the other junk, add race seat, 2,400 at most 2,450… Add 100# for Rollbar and other safety features, 2,550… Ooops forgot about that damn brake light… So you got me on that one…

The point is that Strictly’s are supposed to be slower, they are meant to be an entry level class and/or a class that is affordable to run if you can’t afford to move up… They are not meant to have Race Springs, Upgraded Race shocks, BUILT motors… They are meant to be affordable classes that you can be in without spending all the money like a super stock…

Have a great day all…

A fully loaded Probe from Ford is at most 2,800

wrong again. a 1995 v6 Probe is +2,900.

The point is that Strictly’s are supposed to be slower,

and, gosh-darnit, they actually are. this is shocking, i know.

and guess what? Super Stocks will still be faster even if they run on DOT tires.

One of the many things that help fans stay home is tracks with small cars. Tracks letting 2 or 3 cars or trucks race will kill a track as fast as anything! Here is an example of a tracks races and this is from THIS year. Street Stocks 3 cars, Scramblers 4 cars, V-8 Bombers 4 cars and Sportsmen 6 cars. That’s 17 cars total between 4 classes. I remember 10 years ago or so have 25 Sportsmen , 2, 4 cly bomber class features each night. It’s just getting harder and harder to get cars to race and fans to watch local tracks. And don’t forget the sunshine fans, that will not be there if it’s if it’s to cold or hot or wet!

Somehow you just have to make it fun again for the drivers fans & family .It all about money anymore thats why its no fun.:ernaehrung004::grinser010:

there is no reason that orlando can’t pack the place

i am not trying to be funny but you could go to wall mart and buy four or five kiddie pools and put them on front straight a way

fill one full of mud - fill one full of some type of slime and put what ever in the other two or three and have some fat women wrestle for $ 20.00

and get more people than you do on race night 

:huepfen024::huepfen024:

[QUOTE=ronabneysr;44272]i am not trying to be funny but you could go to wall mart and buy four or five kiddie pools and put them on front straight a way

fill one full of mud - fill one full of some type of slime and put what ever in the other two or three and have some fat women wrestle for $ 20.00

and get more people than you do on race night 

:huepfen024::huepfen024:[/QUOTE]

These gals want to sign up rat now !!!

unknown-100.jpg

NEW BOMB FOR IRAN.jpg

image0011.jpg