Dayton Speedway Lives--

Checking out a cool web-site called just that. Dayton Speedway was a high banked 1/2 mile asphalt oval, long gone now, with a ton of history to boot.

The Hills Are Calling, referring to the old sister Tracks like the old 5/8th high banked asphalt oval long gone, same as Dayton.

What still lives on from the old Frank Funk built era are Winchester, Ind Speedway and also Salem, Ind Speedways, both huge high-banked 1/2 milers of life claiming asphalt ovals.

I can see another road trip to the midwest to see Salem and Winchester, even Slinger’s 1/4 miler this summer, as long as Allegiant Airlines are still cranking out cattle herds of coach buyers for cheap flights.

ARCA runs at Salem this weekend… I went to Dayton for a USAC Sprint Car race on my honeymoon in 1979… Very fast place!!

USAC races at Dayton on the H-moon…nice…ranks right up there with going to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY on mine.

Like the Allstate commerical. “You’re married”

as long as Allegiant Airlines are still cranking out cattle herds of coach buyers for cheap flights.

i’ve been doing my part.

I accidentally omitted the part about the 5/8th miler in the original post, it was too late to edit it.

It should have offered the long gone Frank Funk era built, Fort Wayne’s old 5/8 high-banked asphalt driver killer. It was alongside Dayton, Salem And Winchester Speedways.

That’s the next Topic—as gruesome as a topic can get, for a racing forum, that is.

Ft. Wayne action - early 50’s