Allison night 1989

Someone said they didn’t see this and I couldn’t find it, so here it is again.
Bob…
PS: Rick I also put it on my page on racersreunion.com

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/d498d3bd1f1fedce5c

Thanks Bob, I think that video is so “real”, mostly the era! A time when racing was still unpredictable (before the super teams) and the underdogs had a chance. Sorry to hear the races at PGS rained out, it’s hard to go without your weekly racin’ fix!! LOL!! We went to Lancaster dirt track in S.C. to watch Dale Dodge Jr. race the crate LM.Did real well, won his heat and 3’rd in the feature, car in one piece. Only 17 years old and racing 10 years, he drives my open wheel mod. in the Rolling Thunder OWM tour (rtm-racing.com) here in N.C., Vir., and Tenn. We’re almost ready to go, and ready to watch him drive the Dodge OWM, he’s a fine young man, member on racers reunion. I haven’t done the chat thing yet, I type so slow you’d go to sleep before I finish a sentence! Will try soon. See ya around! Rick

Souinds like your young driver is on his way to the big time. Its neat to see these kids come up and excell. I’d love to come up and watch him race some time. I’ll have to wait till my boat comes in though I guess. LOL! I think my boats stuck in Cuba. E-mail me some pictures of the car and the driver. I am going to try and work on my archives the next few days. I have some footage of Dale Senior somewhere. 1 of my new friends on racersreunion is a di-hard Dale fan. I am going to try and put that up for him. The week end I am looking for was when Dale. Richard Petty, and Red Farmer were here. You probably remember that. I think there were a few more Nascar stars here that week end but I can’t remember who they were. I am also looking for some old video of the old “301”, Big Mikes car. I saw a picture of you with it on your page and it reminded me of it. I also have some stuff with Mike in his Plastic car, as he called it, in the fans race. Do you remember when he got on the hood of Bruces car and they drove through the ring of fire. That was the most activity I remember Big mike committing himself to. . The Suncoast Mini Stock Association event. I think we held it on a sunday afternoon. I have that video somewhere. Man I could go on all night. Good memories! HUH! C U soon Bob…

Bob I have the video you made when Rusty Wallace and Dale Sr.‘s planes landed at SRQ Dolphin Av. in Sarasota. Geoff Bodine,Harry Gant, Phil Parsons, Michael Waltripp, Rodney Combs, and a couple others got off the two planes and rode in vans out to the track. I think Richard Petty was with them too, he was the flagman for their race! Dale drove Tim Miller’s #10 Miller Insulation LM, Rusty was in one of the Tom’s Kids LM, and Bodine was in the other Tom’ kids LM. I have another video you made with Cale Yarborough, Bill Elliot, Red Farmer, and another driver (can’t remember) racing at DeSoto. GREAT VIDEOS!! I do remember the “WALL OF FIRE” we never let the Mike live that down!!LOL!! If you remember, Bruce drove the mini figure-8 car for us,301-Auction, my brother, Danny, tim Horton and I built that car! Those were great racing times, there seemed to be a lot of colorful characters around then, Great racin’!!! Somewhere in your videos you also have Joe Nemecheck and his brother, John racing modified-mini’s with us at DeSoto, the last lap Joe and I were racin for 2nd in the rain, that was exciting!(slick!) I have talked to Joe and Kenny Allison at their race shops about a year ago. Will send some pictures of the OWMod. and the dirt LM that we race with Dale Dodge Jr. driving, great young man! Has a page on Racers Reunion, check it out! Going to Rockingham July 3 to race the vintage cars again, driving a 64 Chevy-II Nova owned by a fellow from Moresville, should be a lot of fun! See Ya In Turn 3! (always did)LOL!! Rick

Turn 3 was where I stayed for 23 years. LOL! Was stuck…