policy for 30 cars or less

We struck out tonight at OSW. My home track, a place I love, put on a piss-poor show with terrible car counts in all classes. The problem is there were a few hundred fans in the stands to see it.

No kidding here, I would have refunded every ticket sold at the front gate. In fact, I would make it a policy: less than 30 cars and we’ll call it a test and tune where spectators are free.

Look at it this way, maybe it will draw spectators back if they think “hey, we got in free last time, lets go back and see if they have a terrible turn-out and we get in free again!” As it is, I don’t think we won over any new fans tonight.

you were home by 10:30? from a FASCAR track?

damn, they really didn’t have anything.

Plagiarism is good…

still

Still, a pass goes to Keelor, Brown and Bristol nontheless.

I wasn’t there, and I feel guilty about not going to my Friday Night Raceway anymore.

Somewhere, somewhere deep down around or inside, there has to be a silver lining, or a light at the end of the tunnel…in one form or another.

It was a heck of a line-up of classes, for sure, and I thought that they would have hit a home run tonight.

Race hard and race often. If we fill the pits, then full stands will have to follow. I have no doubt the track will get back on its feet one day, but it takes some effort to get those dusty old cars off the jackstands and back in the pits.

Critical drivers are not the problem, apathy is. It is the natural state of racers to be crabbing about something, so I have no problem with that as long as they are showing up and racing.

Boney… How many in each class? Were there enough cars in the Minis for you to run?
This is so sad for OSW and my friends who are trying so hard there… Tonite at Auburndale I really don’t know how we are going to park all the cars in the pits…

There were 40 cars in the pits last night, not 30. My bad. However, the show was weak and should have been a freebie.

How much would it have cost the track to refund front gate admissions, and what would they have got for it? My guess is that they would have given back $1000. Would they have got back some goodwill for that amout? Yes, but you can’t put a number on it. Oh well, on to July 9.

Dave, mini stocks were off. See what happens when a track doesn’t have minis? Everything goes downhill!

the show was weak and should have been a freebie.

i pointed this out to Kim back when Rusty was still the promoter. that handing out free pit passes was pointless when the show is so bad. all you do is prove to people that they don’t want to pay money to see the races.

and FASCAR has, what, half the cars now that they did when i first said this too her?

car count is a major issue. but it’s not the ONLY issue with how the racing is presented at FASCAR.

Plagiarism is good…

thief!

Idea

[QUOTE=Boneman;46917]Race hard and race often. If we fill the pits, then full stands will have to follow. I have no doubt the track will get back on its feet one day, but it takes some effort to get those dusty old cars off the jackstands and back in the pits.

Critical drivers are not the problem, apathy is. It is the natural state of racers to be crabbing about something, so I have no problem with that as long as they are showing up and racing.[/QUOTE]
Hey Boney, why dont someone try calling some of the owners on rusty old jack stands. Oh, sorry, that didn’t go over well last time. No more suggestions , I’ll be asked to prove something, screw it, let the place close!!

Be Careful Dave!!

[QUOTE=ancrdave;46928]Boney… How many in each class? Were there enough cars in the Minis for you to run?
This is so sad for OSW and my friends who are trying so hard there… Tonite at Auburndale I really don’t know how we are going to park all the cars in the pits…[/QUOTE]

Boney and his buddies will ask you to prove you don’t have room enough. Probably will demand the names of every car in the pits, and tell you that was an outrageous statement. I really don’t understand no-one racing at Orlanda, as cheerful and happy as Boney and his buddies are!!! LOL!!!

Thats cool Dave, hope you have a great night. Now that I have all 3 cars running, I have to find a few nights to get back over there and race on the new surface.

Still waiting for my phone call… guess no one wants us back.

It wasn’t the worst show I’ve seen there, and it was kind of nice to be over at 10pm. Sort of like going to a bad movie – hey, at least it was short.

Cara

Dont hold your breath!!

Don’t worry tunaman, I’m not.

After communicating with Rick Bristol, I have agreed not to say anything negative about OSW since I have not been racing there. He did invite me to come and race. I know I have not been able to afford to race due to medical issues, lack of money and other things but would love to be racing at OSW. I have promoted the track as much as I can and have asked people to go and check it out if they have never been to a race before. I would love to see things improve for everyone and that OSW would be packed on Friday night. I am working at a job that I hate and have to close most Friday nights which means I don’t even get home until 7 pm making it kinda hard to even come out and watch after being at work for 12 hours. Can’t wait to see the results the next morning to see how things went and I enjoy reading Andy’s write-ups about that nights racing.

I do wish the track personnel, racers, crew members and owners the best of luck with all that they do and hope to make it to the races one day soon.

Everyone have a great day and a great 4th of July!!!

Hey Tuna,

What do words taste like ? You eat yours on a regular basis.

Better

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;47004]Hey Tuna,

What do words taste like ? You eat yours on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]Lots better than what you eat!!!

Mr. Tuna,

I’m beginning to wonder if you are really mentally handicapped. If you are, and you know it, please let me know so I will understand the reasoning of your comments.

If anyone does know Mr. Tuna, and he is somewhat retarded, please let me as well as others know so we can stop picking on him.

I would never knowingly pick on a handicapped person.

It would hurt my feeling if OSW closed the gate I remember sitting in the stand watching my father and other family members race since I was about 5,

So Mr. Tunaman I don’t even know you, or for that matter care too, But with that statement, it’s obvious you yourself are not a real racer or race fan.
Therefore I believe you should go stand in the road and wait for a semi…preferably one that’s hauling a race car

p.s. I’m not defending Boneman or any one else, just my home track.