Austin Kirkpatrick sets fast time at New Smyrna

With a fast time of 17.589 (102.337 mph), Austin Kirkpatrick of Ocala captures fastest qualifier honors for the Clyde Hart Memorial/Sunoco FAST 100 at New Smyrna. Second quick as Ben Kennedy with a 17.643, followed by BJ McLeod at 17.664, Wayne Anderson at 17.719, Jeff Scofield with a 17.768, and Justin Larson with a 17.788. See the ?Race Results? page at www.floridaallstarstour.com for a full list of qualifying times.

The 100-lap Late Model feature is sxheduled to start immediately after the Modified feature, currently in a red flag condition due to light rain.

Schedule change

Due to rain, the Modified feature at New Smyrna tonight has been cancelled. The Clyde Hart Memorial/Sunoco FAST 100 will be run as soon as track conditions permit, followed by the Pro-Truck 75-lap feature.

Clyde Hart Memoorial/Sunoco FAST 100 Cancelled

Tonight’s race has been cancelled, and rescheduled for Saturday, September 4.

Thanks for the updates. The weather forecast didn’t look promising earlier today and I made the decision to stay home. You just don’t know with this Florida weather.

The track sure tried to get it in. We waited in the drizzle, but there was no hope tonight.

Walking through the pits, I had the feeling we were about to see maybe the best late model race of the year – and probably the best race of the entire weekend, if you get my drifty. Really a bummer.

Yea…there was a cool buzz about the place…was expecting a great race…will rain checks work for rescheduled race? Mark said something about not being good for special events.