Looking for info for this weekend ??

I am stuck working in Gainesville this week and next and I am looking for my racing fix this weekend. Can any of you tell me if I am close enough to either Ocala or CMP to make a race this weekend. and Advice would be appreciated.

Robert

scratches head

how far is too far? Ocala is dirt, ~35 miles and runs Friday night. racing starts at 8pm.

http://www.ocalaspeedway.com/

Columbia is paved, ~45 miles and runs Saturday. racing starts at 7:30pm.

http://www.columbiamotorsportspark.org/

North Florida and Citrus could also be options.

Thanks

Yeah thats not to Far I may hit both if I can this weekend.

Citrus a Little Far

If I were you…

I would make sure I made it to North Florida Speedway in Lake City. It’s about 30 miles from G’ville. They’ve got the UDLMS there this sat. Always a good show. Other classes have pretty good car counts too.
CMP is only $8 but the car counts are HORRIBLE. Sorry CMP…just say’n!

[QUOTE=RSB;47623]I would make sure I made it to North Florida Speedway in Lake City. It’s about 30 miles from G’ville. They’ve got the UDLMS there this sat. Always a good show. Other classes have pretty good car counts too.
CMP is only $8 but the car counts are HORRIBLE. Sorry CMP…just say’n![/QUOTE]

Well, it’s a good thing he’s not you…just say’n!!
-JIM-

personally i would drive the extra miles and be at citrus saturday by 5:30 pm . awesome car counts .

Friday’s show at Ocala should be good. The Top Gun Sprint series and the Florida mini sprints will be there. I’ve got so I really enjoy the mini-sprints at Ocala. They always seem to put on a good show. The sprints are awesome also.
Saturday’s choice for me would be the UDLMCS at North Florida. But, if you’re a die hard asphalt fan, you might not want 2 nights of dirt. LOL

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;47625]Well, it’s a good thing he’s not you…just say’n!!
-JIM-[/QUOTE]

Yep, he’s a luck guy in that respect!

You should definitely hit Ocala Friday night for the Top Gun Sprints and the Florida Mini Sprints. That’s always a good double bill.

Thanks Guys

For the advice I think i am going to try a double header weekend. :slight_smile:

Ocala Friday night for my dirt fix

and CMP Saturday for my Asphalt fix, Citrus is a lil far and I do go there for open wheel race’s never make it to CMP so being this close I should atleast check it out.

See you friday night winger and you saturday Jim anyone else going let me know I will try and find you

Robert

:huepfen024:

Come down to the Penrose Racing mini sprint hauler and present yourself. We are bringing two cars - one for “The Hot Foot” Brian Penrose and one for TBARA driver Steve Heisler.

[QUOTE=sunshinestateracing1;47638]For the advice I think i am going to try a double header weekend. :slight_smile:

Ocala Friday night for my dirt fix

and CMP Saturday
See you friday night winger and you saturday Jim anyone else going let me know I will try and find you

Robert

:huepfen024:[/QUOTE]

KEWL…see you there.
-JIM-

Glad to hear that you’re gonna pay us a visit at C.M.P. sunshinestate. It’s always good to get to meet another board member. The Nickel & Dime race team will be there with all 3 cars. The #39 pure stock, #76 V8 bomber, & the #46 hornet which happens to be my wife;). It should prove to be an interesting night of racing. Bombers & hornets have double points and money races and the pure stocks have 2 features. Not to mention, Diamond Jim is bringing out the #15 Busch Grand National car for some ride alongs. :ernaehrung004: We’ll see you guys Saturday!

Cmp

We would welcome you to CMP .We have been having a pretty good car count.Stop by the office and say hello.

Joyce Robert is my partner in crime. Treat him like royltee. Bob…