2nd ANNUAL EDDIE BRANN MEMORIAL 12-11-10

Well we have finalized the details for Eddie’s Race this year. It will be held at Citrus County Speedway. Last years race was such a success there, we thought it was only right to bring it back to Citrus. The race will be 75 laps with a $75 entry fee. It will pay $1500 to win. Last year we had approx. 38 modifieds the best the state of FL has to offer. Were hoping for a great turn out again this year. the car owners, drivers, fans, and lap sponsors were able to raise approx. $14,000 for the family last year. This year we will sell laps for $50 instead of $100, due to the economic times we are all facing. After talking to several drivers we decided that the money raised this year will be put into a trust fund in the name of Eddie’s daughter, Alyssa. Shes 9 years old and the money cannot be touched until she is 18 years of age, if she decides to go to college, buy a car, etc… shell have the money to do it. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and anything anyone can do to help us put on another successful show will greatly be appreciated. PoleSitter61 will follow up with the total payout and other details.

T. Carreno

Greta idea…

im glad the money will go into a trust fund for Alyssa. hope we have the same turnout as last year. it was a HUGE success… i also think you will sell ALOT of laps at $50… i want #14 again please!
Thanks Tony and Critter… i can hardly wait.,
carolwicks aka OZ

Sounds Fun

Hey Tony if there is any thing at all I can do to help let me know.

Robert

:ernaehrung004:

Same Here Tony

Anything I Can Do I Want Lap 53 Can We Run Slicks Lol

I’m willing to volunteer my announcing skills to assist with announcing for this event. If you have a wireless mic I could do trackside interviews, pit interviews and on the scene reports from accidents that occur during the running of the race.

If so, give me a way to contact you and we’ll make it happen.

Here is the information for the 2nd Annual Eddie Brann 75 lapper:

12/3 Friday night practice for all divisions from 5-8, and then a 1 hour open practice for modifieds only from 8-9.

Race format:
All cars will qualify, top 20 qualifiers will be locked into the 75 lap feature. There will be a B-main to transfer 2 more cars to the 75 lap feature. The length of the B-main will be determined by the amount of cars in the B-main. 2 laps per car, maximum of 20 laps. So if there are 5 cars in the B-main, the race will be 10 laps long. After the B-main we will bring the remaining non-qualified drivers to the front straight with their cars. At that time the fans, by a show of applause will pick one car to make it into the 75 lap feature. The last car to make the 24 car field will be a promoters choice. The final starting line-up for the feature will be determined by 1 of our fans rolling a giant foam die down the track. There could be a maximum of 12 cars inverted.

Citrus County Speedway rules do apply. You must use the Citrus County Speedway track approved American Racer treaded 8" tire. There will be a durometer rule of 50 in effect for this race. Any other tech questions should be directed to Travis Nichols at 352-585-3560. You may call the Speedway office at 352-726-9339 or John Chance at 352-201-8257 with any other questions. This will be a non points race. Please see below for the complete payoff.

$100 for fast qualifier

Payoff:

1. 1500
  2. 800
  3. 600
  4. 550
  5. 500
  6. 450
  7. 425
  8. 400
  9. 375
  10. 350
  11. 325
  12. 300
  13. 275
  14. 250
    15-19. 200
    20-24. 175

All other cars attempting to qualifiy and take the green for the B-mail will recieve $100.

Eddie Brann Memorial Date Change!!! 12-11-10

Eddies Race Was Originally Scheduled For 12-4-10. That Date Has Been Pushed Back To 12-11-10 A Week Later Than Originally Scheduled, After Speaking To So Many Of Eddies Friends And Fellow Racers The Previous Date Was A Conflict With The Snowball Derby. There Ewere So Many People That Helped Us At Last Years Race… Campe, Larson, Nasse, Cooper, Etc. Etc… Eddie Built And Wrenched On A Lot Of Those Cars. Eddie Just Didnt Build Modifieds, There Was Nothing That The Man Couldnt Repair Or Fabricate. We Hope That The New Date Will Help Make The 2nd Eddie Brann Memorial A Great Success.

P.s. Practice And Barbeque 12-10-10.

Thank You!!!
                                                                    T. Carreno

Thank you so much. I go to the Snowball Derby with my son every year, it is a great time together. Now I can have two great week ends in a row. See ya’ll on the 10th!

hey Tony ! whats up ? are there any cheap motels close to citrus ? id like to come for both days but thats alot of diesel fuel for two trips coast to coast . but ill definatly be there on race day !

race update

First of all i would like to apologize for the conflicting date with the charity truckers 200. we wish nothing but the best to rick bristol and his charity race. i can promise you that next year this wont happen.
straight up- there is a hotel a mile north of the track, i think that with the racers discount that its $55 a night.
mr john berti- thanks for the offering of your service but im not quite sure which direction that we are headed yet.

HERE IS A LIST OF THE PPL THAT HAVE COMMITED TO LAPS:
1- wayne jefferson
2-john rogers roofing
3-fla suncoast van lines
4-fain skinner racing
5-eagles nest racing products
6-skinners paint and body shop
8-lee collins
9-lee collins
10-eagles nest racing products
11-fl suncoast van lines
12-eric rudd
14-carol wicks
17-ricks hauling and tractor service
25-mark stroud
53-doug miller
61-t. carreno fill haulers & excavating
70-geremy gerstner
74-R.I.P Eddie- Herman
75-Korpi Racing

Laps are $50 each. We could really use your help in selling the rest of these laps. Thank you to all that have already purchased laps.

Great Newsss!!

Thanks To Mr. Craig Walters Who Came Through Last Year With The Signed Tony Stewart Helmet. He Made A Few Calls And We Have Another One For This Years Eddie Brann Memorial. Raffle Tickets Will Be $5 A Piece. Thank You So Much Craig!

The other divisions that will be running with the Eddie Brann race are as follows:

Sportsman - 50 laps
Mini Stock - 50 laps
4cyl Stock - 50 laps
Pro Figure 8’s - 25 laps

HERE IS A LIST OF THE PPL THAT HAVE COMMITED TO LAPS:
1- wayne jefferson
2-john rogers roofing
3-fla suncoast van lines
4-fain skinner racing
7-MJS concrete
8-lee collins
9-lee collins
11-fl suncoast van lines
12-eric rudd
14-carol wicks
15-MJS concrete
20-MJS concrete
24-MJS concrete
25-mark stroud
26-dale stroud
53-doug miller
54-MJS concrete
70-geremy gerstner
74-R.I.P Eddie- Herman
75-Korpi Racing

Thank You ALL!

Special Thanks To Mjs Concrete For The Purchase Of 5 Laps!

Date Change

I don’t think the date should have been changed due to the snowball derby happening on Sunday. If someone was doing a big race to benefit my family, I would make sure I’m there, No matter what is going on. Alot of people have already made plans going into the holidays thinking everything was ok with the dates. Vacations, Company Christmas parties, Graduations… I just think you shouldn’t change a date so late when it has been planned for a while.

Lap sponsorships

How does one sign up to sponsor a lap?

Lap Sponsorship

How to purchase a lap to sponsor the eddie brann memorial.

Choose a lap number in which you wish to sponsor, one that has not already been choosen.
Laps are $50 each

Make check payable to: T.Carreno
Mail to:
602 Duque Rd
Lutz, FL 33549

Please include the name in which you would like the lap to read. your personal name, business or companys name. Thanks to all that have contributed.

Important tire update!

With all tracks but PGS running the Hoosier 650 treaded 8" tire next year, we have come up with a new tire rule for this years Eddie Brann race at Citrus. All tires must still meet the minimum durometer reading of 50 at anytime.

We will allow the following tires:

Hoosier 650 (CMP, NSS, OSW, and Desoto)
Goodyear D2862/D2863 (PGS)
American Racer (the same tire currentely run by Citrus and Aburndale only)

Citrus will have the new Hoosier 650 on hand for Eddie’s race. I hope this encourages everyone to come out and support this race. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at 352-201-8257.

Thanks,
John Chance

UPDATED LAP SPONSORS:

1- wayne jefferson
2-john rogers roofing
3-fla suncoast van lines
4-fain skinner racing
7-MJS concrete
8-lee collins
9-lee collins
11-fl suncoast van lines
12-eric rudd
13-Shane Miller Racing
14-carol wicks
15-MJS concrete
16-Premier Miller
18-Premier Miller
19-Shane and Kim Miller
20-MJS concrete
21-Premier Miller
24-MJS concrete
25-mark stroud
26-dale stroud
27-Shane Miller
29-The Villages Motor Racing Fan Club
53-doug miller
54-MJS concrete
70-geremy gerstner
74-R.I.P Eddie- Herman
75-Korpi Racing

Thank You TO ALL that have PURCHASED LAPS!

More Great News!

Most of you already know that we have obtained a helmet with Tony Stewart’s signature. On top of that my good friend Dale who is David Reutimann’s brother in law… told David what we were trying to do and David stepped up and we now have a David Reutimann driving suit that we will be auctioning off or selling raffle tickets for. AND THATS NOT ALL… We also have a signed Simpson Helmet Shield, Gloves and a T-shirt signed by driver Aric Almirola. Theres MORE… for those of you that dont know Bob Gratton he was David Steele’s long time sponsor, he has donated two custom hand painted paintings of David Steele in his USAC car. They were limited edition signed by David himself. REally nice paintings. If there is anyone else out there that has anything that they would like to donate maybe we can have an auction at intermission, on the grand stand side for those spectators that dont come to the pits. we have sold just under half of the laps so far, were about 30 days away from the race… if there is any of you out there that would like to purchase a lap please contact us.