Brand those cars!

From time to time, the idea has been put forward to remove the numbers from the junker class, and replace them with a name, a cartoon, a picture or something else. Last week, I was talking to Steven Smith at OSW, and he said thet when the Dwarf cars were created in AZ, the drivers had to put a picture of a cartoon character on their cars. Naturally, the kids loved it, so a generation of new fans was made.

I wasn’t a believer in this idea…until recently. Given the choice between the samples pictures I photoshopped below, and some primer black car with tape for numbers, I’d prefer the car branded with a theme every time.

If necessary, there could still be a number for the scorers to use, but it would be behind the wheel or on the roof.

My buddys T-mac and Michael Seay have the ranting Calvin and the Jughead cars. Mine has the Mario Kart character “Dry Bones”, which every kid recognizes, and the yelling Domo should be self-explanatory.

T-mac Calvin.jpg

Michael Jughead.jpg

Tuna domo.JPG

how about this??

after all, I had it made just for you Boney!!

Actually, you said your daughter gave it to you. No matter, its a pretty cool shirt.
Besides, this is still a good idea to pump a little life into the FASCAR Strictly Stocks, or any junker class that looks the same year after year.

tuna maniac 2.jpg

i agree…

when i first started going to charlotte county speedway i didnt know anyone. its kinda boring when you dont… a driver named Eric had a big ugly rat hanging out of his window. i found myself cheering for him to win simply because of the rat. (he was a good driver too lol)
people can associate with pictures… i think its a great idea even with a number next to it… Randy Kyle had horns on top of his truck…not good for someone who brake checks him…hahaha (J/K) Del Beckner had a Dominoes Pizza sign on top of his… it must work because i still remember and i dont remember what i did yesterday. GREAT IDEA! spread the word…
carolwicks aka OZ

Tuna, where is Tom Waters located, that is some very nice art work!

good job

[QUOTE=Boneman;48445]Actually, you said your daughter gave it to you. No matter, its a pretty cool shirt.
Besides, this is still a good idea to pump a little life into the FASCAR Strictly Stocks, or any junker class that looks the same year after year.[/QUOTE]
Except, you forgot the Boney, THAT is what I made for you

Arghhhhhhhhhh

this is getting a little too romantic for my ears!!! rofllllllllll
J/K Tuny…
i love the shirt too. good design. and fun…
OZZIE

Not sure

Actually Boney is right, my daughter did give it to me. To be honest, I never heard of Tom Waters, but wife and I saw one like it at Bass Pro shops. There is an excellant T-Shirt maker in the Daytona Flea Market, Bring in a pic and they will put it on a shirt or hat. I bought 2 for a friend, (Yes i do have them) on the Fl Sportsman forum that I met in St. Lucie, Pic of fish he caught with quite a lot of type, name etc. $35 for the pair, shirt included
My TUNA , WANT Some…was only $14. Trouble is now I dont know which one to wear to the races first. I have LOST of ideas too.

Anyone remember the Strictly Stock 4-5 yrs ago at NSS with the Flamingo lawn ornament on the hood and on the side it said “I take racing serious” ?? It was neat!

I’ll be running the 50 lapper at NSS on 8-21 so give it your best shot. Maybe you should wear them both.

Nope, wont be there that week, going on vaca that week and have LOTS of better things to do on Vac. than go watch 6 cars at NSS. Plan to be there this week and will probably wear one before intermission, the other after. You would like them , they’re not $3 shirts made by my 10 yr old granddaughter, they’re proffesional! Nothing but the best for my buddy Boney!!! LOL

I remember years ago at Auburndale a V-8 bomber that had an old Army boot on the back of the roof.:ernaehrung004:

another idea!

Dont I remember someone with the handle Tweetie!! Someone told me it was Boneys brother, I don’t know but thought he might like a pic of my boat…

Oh

There WAS a truck at NSS with this on drivers post.