Power Boat Races this Sunday on Cocoa Beach

FREE to watch - power boat races this weekend at Cocoa Beach. Practice is Saturday from noon to either 4 or 5 pm. Two races on Sunday - 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. FREE to watch. Been over 10 years since the boats were here, should be alot of fun. And they do FLY in the water.

Dry Pits are at the Port somewhere behind Fishlips Restaurant and they start signing in today.

If I am not wrong, Gary Blue use to race on one team years back before he went to prison. I think he was the throttle guy but may be wrong. But it is FREE and something different for your Sunday.

Also,

Karnac’s very own Jane and Carol will be entering the swimsuit competition !

Late entry - The Boneman !

Jane - Its “Balough”.

EZ - What did I enter? The boat race or the bikini contest? I don’t like my chances either way…

the f1 boats are way better than off shore

ez

if i have to be in a bikini ya better bring a barf bag! it aint gonna be pretty… oh never mind. i dont think ive ever seen a bikini in my size. maybe jane can still get yer motor runnin…
hey boney… what are u gonna wear… i think im gonna stay home so i dont get in trouble. you guys have fun…im not safe around men in loin cloths! hey ez… i bet youre more fun than a barrel of monkeys!(even when you have to clean the gutters)…
OZZIE

hmmmmm

me and jane in bathing suits… now i dont think you really want that to happen… its already too damn hot out! rofllllllll but i want Boney to wear his loin cloth…and i want Tuney to wear a smile…
oz

Thanks Rex, I knew that just my mind went blank when I wrote the post about the races. You coming to see them?? Should be fun.

And sorry, no bikini contest for me, that was during Surf Fest. Sorry you missed it, I won by a landslide for sexy, older ladies with little or no hair because it is too darn HOT for hair. But I am going to see the boats!!!

Nope!!!

[QUOTE=carolwicks;48782]me and jane in bathing suits… now i dont think you really want that to happen… its already too damn hot out! rofllllllll but i want Boney to wear his loin cloth…and i want Tuney to wear a smile…
oz[/QUOTE] Can’t smile, I’m too mean remember?? Besides I’ll be in So. Carolina, no, sorry, I’ll be coming back!! Want to take McCreary fishing!!

seriously though, I would of loved to see them, They race in the keys and go under the 7 mile bridge between the pilings!! Lots of currents under that bridge, those guys are crazy!! Now THAT I want to see, from my boat! Actually I bet Boney would do great!

Went out to the dry pits tonight and those boats are AWESOME. Found one with the name Gary Ballough on the throttle side of the boat. Will attach his photo since it has been years since I have seen Gary and not sure it is him or another Gary. But the boats, THEY ARE AWESOME.

Gary_Ballough2.jpg

While the names sound the same the former dirt track driver is Gary Balough and the powerboat throttle man is Gary Ballough.

Gary Ballough from Boca Raton, FL is the owner as well as the throttle man on the nine time and reigning world champion, Mapei sponsored Superboat Stock class powerboat.

Thanks John and Marty and it is a beautiful boat for sure. Looking forward to going back today to see the boats in the water and then race tomorrow. We had boats here about 12 or 13 years ago but not since then. But they are so AWESOME and you can just see the power in them just by looking at them on the trailer. I loved how one boat had actually named the engines after their wives. Going to be a pretty weekend for a boat race.