Serious Question for Sportsman Racers

Yeah, ESPECIALLY tech and race Directors!!

Only three cars will show up to what they have as it is… alot “not all” sportsman drivers are guys who would be in the stands but they ran into a little bit of money… and the rest just don’t wanna race late model cuz they are use to winning…

First, THANK YOU for all the e-mails and honest answers, this has helped alot. Hopefully the person who wants to do this can get it off the ground and find some really good sponsors and tracks that will let us run there. I think tracks will be the major problem as they each want their own little kingdoms now and are afraid that a series takes away from them but I guarantee you, that is not the case at all.

What I see is a huge field of Sportsman having fun and going to different venues and giving the fans a great show. I have even had people tell me that they would build a car if this could happen to run.

I would not have done this for my friend if I did not believe in him and his reasons for wanting to start this. He is a good guy, fair guy, and has no car that would be involved in the series. I have watched him for years work with the drivers and he is understanding and does have ears that are open and actually listen.

NO ONE is out to get rich on doing this, this I can tell you because if that was the case, I would not do it. You can’t nickle and dime the drivers too death otherwise they won’t race and we all know that. But I will definitely keep everyone informed on the progress of this effort. Hopefully we can make it work, I truly hope so, because I know alot of great sportsman out there who do make it a great show including Patrick whom I have always loved watching him race.

Once things are more concrete, we know there will need to be a meeting for everyone to attend and speak your thoughts on this. That is only fair since it is you the drivers who make the series. But for now, I would like to personally thank each and every one of you who have given me honest answers and not a bunch of bs on this thread. You are the best of the best guys around.

Thank you again,
Jane:):):):slight_smile:

hmmm , i have a hunch i know who your friend is . lol ! hope this happens real soon , looking forward to it !

Won’t tell that part yet but things are looking up for sure. Talked to Patrick Thomas tonight for awhile and he hopes so too. I think it would be a very good thing for Florida racing and the Sportsman for sure. But will definitely keep everyone posted on our progress.

If there is anyone out there who will like to sponsor any of this, please e-mail me (racingjls@aol.com).

Thanks everyone for your honesty.

Jane

Just keep in mind, there are sportsman cars out there now,and active, that do not conform to the ‘old’ SSS rules. The rules need updating for the available cars out there.
Right now even the rules between NSS and CMP don’t match. Both FASCAR tracks too…go figure.
-JIM-

Heard you Mr. Jim loud and clear and that is definitely one of the things that will be worked on. We want this to be a fun series where everyone can have fun and race. But thanks Jim for helping.

Hope you are doing well and having fun racing. Hope to see you again soon somewhere.

Thanks again - Jane

Just remember real soon is no sooner then the start of race season NEXT year.

If somehow you or whoever could put on a big sportsman race THIS YEAR, big meaning good pay out at a track near the center of the state then you could see the different type of sportsman cars out there. The rules vary so much right now from track to track that it will be next to impossible to make everyone happy.

3 link,
4 link,
leaf springs,
closed chamber heads,
open chamber heads,
stock firewalls,
no firewalls,
chassis headers,
180 degree headers,
450 lift cams
530 lift cams
crate motors,
body rules, each track is different.
just to name a few,
Personally I don’t see why they cannot all be combined without making too many changes so the cars can still run their home tracks but it won’t be easy and it won’t make everyone happy.

Do this:

Add 200lbs. to anyone that doesn’t have a car built to SSS rules. That way, the cars that are basically limited late models like Jim’s won’t have as much of an advantage.
The top running cars at CMP are completely stock frame Camaros, and have .450 lift cams.