Florida tire rule 2011

TIRE WARS
If we have a rule that said any approved track tire(meaning any of the treaded tire used at the tracks in fl) witch tire do you think it would be used most. The tire from FASCAR is the only one that will work at NSS but its not legal at any track not FASCAR in Florida. The tire is faster and better than the other treaded tires. Every one wanted a treaded tire not a slick that would work every track in fla and when they built it the other tracks won?t let it run.
Do you see it yet the fastest tire is the one the racer wants . So letting them run there track tire . No racer comes to the race with the slowest tire. TIRE WARS
Price
The street tires have goon from $75 to $155 in 3 years .the race tires have gone up $16 in10 years how are the tracks making this big money I keep hearing about. The dealers are making less than the fed surcharge on street tires.
I think that a 1 tire rule for the lower divisions treaded tire is a good idea. Get all the tracks to play together. The racer that travels to other tracks wont have to buy tires. The tire builders will be at war trying to build the tire. Hoosier knew this was coming and built there 1st.
The same thing happened in the 90s and Goodyear built the one that is being run at citrus . The tire was the state of the art tire in that day. It took 2 years of testing. We did the testing at Alburndale soon everyone ran it but sunshine speedway.
25 years later the new state of the art tire is here. Hoosier started testing a year ago. 12 years later the best tire ever. and people still fight it I don?t get it. Do they not do there homework. Its fast it last and works on all divisions. This would be the best thing for local racing in the state.
So start the season next year on this tire. The tracks can work there own deal with the tire co. If the deal was bad why do they have most of the tracks in the country this is a win win for all. Because I posted it they wont like it but get the real facts from the people that really know
The best thing is that I don?t have a horse in the race.

Don62
We just wreck stuff

Yes I did use spell check
may the posting begin

Don,
The Hoozier treaded 650 drives and wears a lot like the Goodyears we ran for years. I have a set of Am. Racer tires I ran at Citrus and they wear pretty good too, but not quite as fast like the Hoozier. Tire wear depends on car set up too and some guys I hear are only getting 2 or 3 races on the right sides. I got 5 on the rights and 8 on the lefts on a 1/2 mile ‘rough’ track.
Tracks need to be a little more forgiving to a visitor to run ‘his’ track tire as long as it’s the same width(not 10" on an 8" track rule and treaded).
If a track runs a special event though, like 50 lap $1000 to win, then everyone needs to be on the same tire to be fair.
These are my thoughts anyway
-JIM-

PS Don, good job on the spell check thingy…:ernaehrung004: :slight_smile:

the american racer is cheaper , lasts much longer and works just fine at nss . and with 2 other tracks closest to nss running them american racer would be the smart choice . thus saving the racer money and allowing them 3 tracks to race at without spending more money . no brainer .

Apparently your spell check isn’t working!

I’m tired of hearing about spell check!! Who gives a damn??? Hell, I cant even understand half the people on here in person!! LOL

So who am I buying my Hossiers from when I buy tires at OSW ?

Donny Nerone ? That your son, brother, or evil twin Mr. Nerone ?

Just Curious because I never asked.

And the spell check works fine ( witch or which :huepfen024:) I really don’t care if you can spell or not, unless it’s my name on a check. :slight_smile:

There will be no common tire. Forget about it. I don’t think tracks can ever get on the same page in regards to tires. Tires are a source of revenue for a track. That said, if you are running Late Models, OWM, or trucks, you are most likely buying a set every race if you are up front. A common tire is great for the lower classes so they can pop into a different track from time to time, but most of the bigger classes move around and run multiple tracks. Basically the cost is a few extra rims because you will get the life out of the tires unless you only run at a track 1 time. If you can’t afford a few extra rims, then frankly, tires are the least of your worries in the upper classes.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;52342]So who am I buying my Hossiers from when I buy tires at OSW ?

Donny Nerone ? That your son, brother, or evil twin Mr. Nerone ?

Just Curious because I never asked.

And the spell check works fine ( witch or which :huepfen024:) I really don’t care if you can spell or not, unless it’s my name on a check. :)[/QUOTEWell stated mr EZ!! Mine works too, i just don’t bother. Somehow people seem to get my drift!!!

When did trucks become “Upper class” Basically all they are is a super stock on steroids. Certainly no where near a Sportsman. I thought trucks were simply a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Well 76 we agree on somthing. Truth do some homework the ar wouldent run 5 laps on a good race car without blistering.The goodyear might?but i woud not say without testing. The new pavement killed every thing we tried for 2 months.(Test dont guess)
After goodyear moved the plant to canida suply was a prob.
We did runt hat tire on mods for 1 year(Rick Day and SARA) it wasent to bad just didnt get it sold to the racer.
Rember nomater what the rule is the same guy win.

tuna he is my son but i dont have anything to do with the track or the tires.
I just pas time here because i can.
He is my evel twin
Don62

homework has been done and testing as well . not talking about late model tires . talking about 8 inch treaded . outlasted the hoosier , no blistering and a bit cheaper . argue all you want your wrong . the american racer is the best 8 inch treaded tire available today . proven fact .

If u tested it at NSS i would like to see the results. I am not bashing any tire . American Race was the first call i made whin i was doing it. ask Jimmy Smith. Let me know when, what tire and who tested.( the truth will set u free).

Don62

How much do late model tires cost at NSS?

Come to think of it we used that tire at lakecity for a year and it wouldut last there but your right it was $20 cheaper. Maybe they changed the tire sence then?

Don62

I am doing this from memory, so I might be a little off on the current price.
A set of LM tires is around $550, which is about $125-$130 per tire, plus a few fees here and there, and sales tax. Generally, not exactly.

Ok, thanks!

lol ! nice try there Mr. Narone . it was kept quiet and under the radar . no one even noticed either time . the who and when info is staying private . for obvious reasons .

Now that doesent make sence. It wasent a try of any kind and never mind.

Don62

Son??

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;52393]Well 76 we agree on somthing. Truth do some homework the ar wouldent run 5 laps on a good race car without blistering.The goodyear might?but i woud not say without testing. The new pavement killed every thing we tried for 2 months.(Test dont guess)
After goodyear moved the plant to canida suply was a prob.
We did runt hat tire on mods for 1 year(Rick Day and SARA) it wasent to bad just didnt get it sold to the racer.
Rember nomater what the rule is the same guy win.

tuna he is my son but i dont have anything to do with the track or the tires.
I just pas time here because i can.
He is my evel twin
Don62[/QUOTE]
Don, pls explain yourself, gues I’m thick headed
Did you call me your son??? I must of misunderstood yoy. Just because I said i like you and to keep the jokes coming don’t mean I want to be your SON!!! Damn!!! I dont mind you being here, I think its great!

Didnt u ask

(Donny Nerone ? That your son, brother, or evil twin Mr. Nerone ?

Just Curious because I never asked.)
Well i guess i left out a , .
Ur way to old to be my son. Uoy sound like u might have been a half brother.

Don62