Warning for parents and kids

Be very careful who you let befriend your kids at Florida racetracks. It has been brought to my attention that Sexual offenders are lurking around racetracks offering sponsorship to younger drivers. They may seem harmless at first but they are sick individuals that cannot control their sexual desires. I would STRONGLY recommend you check the State of Florida sexual offenders database before accepting sponsorship from anyone. You can search names in the database and find their photos, addresses, and other information.

If any of these people are in contact with your children, contact law enforcement immediately !

Kindof old news, they have been there for quite sometime. I know ever since my family was involved in racing and that goes back to 1995. And it is not just at racetracks but in your own backyard. Join your local sheriff’s e-mail and they will send you a list of local child offenders close to your home also.

Admin,

Thanks for adding some good advice for parents to keep their children safe.

You can type a name into google and if they are registered they will come up. I have checked a few names and you would be suprised!

it’s unfortunate but…

in these times we need to carefully watch our kids and trust NO ONE with them. if you watch oprah or other shows like hers, it is so sad that alot of children are molested by FAMILY. if you cant trust family well…
the most important thing we can do is teach our kids some safety solutions and never allow them to be alone when you cant be with them. Bus stops seem to be a real dangerous place. if you cant drive your kids to school at least make sure there are other children at the stop. i googled sexual predator list in port charlotte and got the entire list in our county. but remember to let the law handle these people.
… carolwicks

http://www.familiesonlinemagazine.com/child_safety_tips.html

I figure that this is a very good time to bring this up becaus ethe problem exists at every track I’ve ever visited. Many parents assume that their kids will be “safe” within the confines of their local track. As someone who became a young victim thanks to that same sort of attitude, let me warn you that if your child is not right up under your nose, then that child is vunerable. So many parents bring their kids to the track and just turn them loose, exposing them to risks of injury or to the gaze of a sex offender. Ocala Speedway will lock the gates if a child goes missing and it is reported, and the gate will not open for anyone to leave until the child is located. Trouble is, those missing kids are missing because the parents are too preoccupied to watch them.

This is exactly what the tracks should do. And if the child is with some jerk just turn him over to the fans!!

people are afraid

people are afraid to become “involved”… between being arrested and being told to mind their own business etc. they tend to talk but not act. children are the responsibility of everyone if they are in trouble… if the parent is unaware or preoccupied, someone should make sure the child is safe and let the parent know. i had taken my grandchildren to all the gate entrances and told the attendants if they see these kids with anyone but me to stop them. we are pretty well known but one time their mom came and was walking out with them (no one at the track knows her) and she was stopped at the gate… she was so impressed and happy to know her children were in good hands. of course they cant do that for all kids because they dont know them.but they can look out for the ones they know. every bit helps.
if a track owner can afford it, they might want to think about surveillance cameras… at least there would be a record of who comes and goes thru the gate. not only would this aid in child protection but track protection.
carol

I get e-mails from the Brevard County Sheriffs office when any new sex offender comes into my neighborhood at all. Plus they list all the registered sex offenders in my neighborhood so I can see what house or apartment they live in. Only problem is, some haven’t been caught yet so those are the ones to look out for. I hate to say it but I lived with one for almost 10 years and never knew it until he was caught so you don’t ever really know. We filed charges against him but somehow he got off and is now out there still doing the same old thing to innocent children and women.

So you never know who is or isn’t but if someone is overly friendly with your child and you or they feel uncomfortable about it, stay away. You really just never know anymore who you can trust since alot of people have been molested by their own family members. We are hearing more and more of that these days as the children are now adults. It is very hard to admit that someone you love in your family has abused you, most keep it secret for many years but you just never know who you can trust anymore.

[QUOTE=carolwicks;52912]people are afraid to become “involved”… between being arrested and being told to mind their own business etc. they tend to talk but not act. children are the responsibility of everyone if they are in trouble… if the parent is unaware or preoccupied, someone should make sure the child is safe and let the parent know. i had taken my grandchildren to all the gate entrances and told the attendants if they see these kids with anyone but me to stop them. we are pretty well known but one time their mom came and was walking out with them (no one at the track knows her) and she was stopped at the gate… she was so impressed and happy to know her children were in good hands. of course they cant do that for all kids because they dont know them.but they can look out for the ones they know. every bit helps.
if a track owner can afford it, they might want to think about surveillance cameras… at least there would be a record of who comes and goes thru the gate. not only would this aid in child protection but track protection.
carol[/QUOTE]
Carol, sur. cameras are NOT all that expensive, not when you’re talking about peoples safety. And who knows, maybe the camera would reveal someone sneaking in a hot dog or bottle of water. That would be good for the times a track is a business and not really matter when its a hobby. Joke!! Seriously, I guarantee NSS for example, because thats my home track, could put a camera by the front gate, one by the rear gate with recording monitor for around $2000. I’ll donate the first $100, fefundable if the cameras are never put up. Any takers???

so which one of you drives this van?

free_candy_van.jpg