New Press Release from Owners meeting

Charlotte seems to already know all the answers… they don’t need anyone else’s cooperation.

Always gotta be one hold-out from the group.

Overall, I think this could be very good for LM racing in Florida… lord knows it needs plenty of help right now. The FAST Series has been a good one, that I have supported at most of their shows this year. The problem there seems to be getting participation from some of the cream-of-the-crop racers (for various reasons… some personal, some political), but for a first year series, I thought they did a damn fine job. I don’t think it helped them though, that the series champ, driving the best equipment, and winner of most of the races, is also a founding member of this group.

I hope this new alliance doesn’t run them out, but at the same time, there are a LOT of good racers that didn’t follow that group either. Hopefully, between the 2 groups, we will see large fields of quality cars & drivers next year.

Charlotte seems to want to be a stand alone track…
what a shame it would be nice to see them all together…
BUT there’s one in every bunch…

Bradenton should be Desoto…

Like I said, let’s see how this operate’s in real life before we start celebrating. I have seen tracks try to work together before and it always goes kaboom. It will either be really great, or go really bad.

five flags, mobile, south alabama, and the CRA series all use the same rule package and hoosier tires so its not impossible:):slight_smile:

It truly sounds as if things may be headed in the right direction. Optimism is a grand thing and I hope that we all can be optimistic that FAST along with this and the boys from the North Side of the state can get along so that we can all see some awesome races with great car counts.

trucks

Ok What About The Trucks,i Have Two. Dont Know Why I Have Two, But I Sure Would Like To Race Them…

Well looks likes they killed FAST. Seems like we have been here before.
Now the tracks will adapt different rules for bodys wieght hp and motors.
It is alot more cost effective for us to run 1 car 1 motor at all tracks.
The hoosier tire thing is great.as it was when we were on goodyears
a couple of years back.Bert and Don had thier problems BUT we could race
every week somewhere without breaking the bank. For what it’s worth TS.

Hey Tom… hope we see the silver 77 more next year…

I know it is a process but PLEASE come up with the changes or the plan and give it to us as soon as possible. With the Snowball Derby in December and speedweeks in February, that gives us a 10 week offseason and thats not a lot of time to make major changes.

For example, last year I bought a Modified around Christmas only to find out the E-Mod class was coming and the Mods were only going to race 4 races…had I known that I would have gone a different route and bought a roller mod and dropped in a 602 or maybe a late model instead.

It would be nice to have a Pro late model class where you can run a coil-over all tube car with only 604’s and be legal and competitive, thats what I would run if there were such a thing…or a Mod tour would be awesome but we would need to know the rules to figure out what to do with our cars. I know Five Flags and Mobile aren’t involved in this but if you could get the rules on the same page it may get more cars down here for the big races.

The sooner we know the plan the better, and the better chance we have of getting it done for next season or joining a new class. Thanks

So is the common rules just gonna be for Late Models and Modifieds. Most Modifieds and Late Models already run most of the different tracks if they want to. There rules are already pretty close for the most part. The tire issue for the most part does not influence there decision because they buy a new set at whatever track they go to anyway. Are they going to try to get a common set of rules for Sportsman, Street Stocks, Mini Stocks and such. Seems to me these are the cars that are the furtherest apart track to track.
Also about tracks working together we have all heard this before and it may work until one owner decides he wants to be the BOSS of the whole deal and that will be the begining of the end. I give it 6 months at the most.

I truly hope that this works out in addition to FAST… They are part of the reason that some of the changes are taking place. I do believe that if this new rule/schedule set ALONG WITH the FAST Series blends/works together, we can see a whole bunch of great Late Model races in the coming up years.

For now, let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Have a great day all…

truly hope that this works out in addition to FAST… They are part of the reason that some of the changes are taking place. I do believe that if this new rule/schedule set along with the FAST Series blends/works together, we can see a whole bunch of great Late Model races in the coming up years.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I have been very impressed with what the FAST series have done, and the quality of their shows. They have done a service to late model racers, who, almost regardless of their local engine rules, have been able to compete on a fairly level field. The large car counts have provided a quality product for the fans. I congratulate everyone involved with FAST on a job well done, and hope they are able to continue.

Well to me there is a big different between the first press release and this one. First all tracks showed up and are working together. Then this release that turns out not to be the case (Charlotte is out). The details are whats going to pull this apart. Who will be the next to drop out?

You all can forget about FAST. This is basically the equivalent of collusion without Punta Gorda involved. Citrus and the FASCAR tracks have already pulled their FAST dates for 2011 per good sources. You will play by the rules of this newly formed syndicate drivers or you won’t play at all. But let’s be honest about something. This won’t work anyway and will be a big clusterfook. How do you think Track A is going to react when Track B rains out their late model or Mod race the week before, then all the teams show up with unused new tires they bought from Track B and want to run those tires and won’t purchase any tires from Track A. Has this scenario been considered? First time this happens, that track owner will pull out. And to give credit where it is due, this scenario was brought up to me by a good friend and it makes a lot of sense.