Lynyrd Skynyrd & racing...?

I just saw that former Skynyrd drummer, Artimus Pyle was a competitor in the Mini-Stocks at Citrus Cty. this past week.

I can’t recall the last time somebody famous outside of racing has competed locally.

And…

…in a mini stock no less.

How did he do?

zI just researched him. He is a sex offender in Florida but he might not have really done it.

The charges were for “touching” his own children, possibly a BS story made up by his girlfriend at the time. He never did time, only probation. He was arrested in 2007 for failing to register, but again, no jail time.

I personally have no problem having him at the racetracks.

Best of luck racing Mr. Pyle

I heard…

…he was actually caught screwing a mini stock. Maybe they ARE good for something. No offense Boneman!
Oh yeah, he was an AWESOME drummer. Played some intricate $4it!

Artimus did race in the 4cyl stock class this past weekend at Citrus County Speedway. He was in town playing at our local festival, and the gentelman who paid to have him come and play, also owns a car.

He practiced on Thursday and raced Saturday night. Unfortunalely he got loose off of 4 and slapped the wall on lap 2. He was wheelin’ it when he hit the wall, not riding around!

My good friend Tony Modica got this from Artimus…

Did the announcer yell, “there’s an Artimus Pyle-up in turn two!”

Tough Guy

This dude walked away from a plane crash. You don’t think a little bounce off the wall is gonna rattle him do ya ?

now lets go look up gary j :sport009:

gary please post your real name in whole for
background check

Just repeating Wikepdia, I admire all those plane crash survivors, Vh1 has had a show featuring it.

JUST YOUR FULL NAME WILL DO FINE GARYJ TRYING TO DO BACKGROUND CHECK ON YOU :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad