Hmmmm

Press Release from Checkered Flag Sprint Car Series
NOVEMBER 4, 2010
Unfortunately, the Checkered Flag Sprint Series 2010 season has been cut short. A purse restructure proposed by Punta Gorda Speedway midway through our season was not acceptable. The established purse had been in effect for the past 2 ? seasons. We understand that these are hard economic times and will strive to negotiate with Punta Gorda Speedway to come up with a more equitable solution. It is our goal to be back racing there in 2011.

Yeah that “track owners alliance” is a joke. Sprint cars have been racing at a loss for years and now they expect cars to show up for peanuts. If any of you sprint fans plan to ever see them race next year let your local track owner know how much this sucks. Seems to me the pavement clubs have shown up with decent car couts all year. Hate to see that diminished to the late model counts.:fragend005:

Yeah that “track owners alliance” is a joke.

I read the original post and then your post. Then I went back and read the original post again. I suggest you do the same. It says: “A purse restructure proposed by Punta Gorda Speedway midway through our season was not acceptable.” It so happens that Punta Gorda is the one speedway that is NOT part of the “alliance”.

Winger, you are correct. As it was explained to me, there weren’t enough fans in the stands for the sprints to make any money for the track. Packed grandstands indeed.