Dick Trickle on Sirius Speedway Legends

I was listening to Dave Moody’s “Speedway Legends” segment last night on the Sirius Nascar channel, and Dick Trickle was the featured guest. He mentioned racing at New Smyrna several times during the interview. The funniest thing was when Dave asked him about all the different beer sponsors he had. Trickle said one year for the World Series, they brought 65 cases of beer down. He said by the end of the week they had 4 cases left, only because one of the crew wasn’t feeling well. Now that is the good old days!

Trickle and his bunch would leave the track right after the races during the World Series unless they had repairs to make… Go out drinking somewhere then show up about 1-2 hours before the races while most everyone had been there all day… still go out and win with very few, if any, hot laps…

I remember in 88’ and 89’ when Stimis had Desoto. Trickle came with an old hauler that was like a roll back but it didn’t roll. The bed was on an angle and they just drove the car up on the bed. I remember his crew chief, a giant of a guy. I can’t remember his name but he tolod me one time that they carried more beer than car parts. I did a TV show for Stimis then and we had Trickle on the show several times. Every time he was here Stimis took him and his crew out on the town. Trickle is a party animal. Bob…

Trickle’s the man…

Vic Getzloff was the crew guy you were talking about, Bob. He and his brother Al had a racing tire business. Those guys could sure drink. This was back when he was sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon beer (before Coors Light) and for the Triple Crown he had brought down his own supply (which had considerably more alcohol content) and we would sit around listening to them tell stories, drinking their beer (and all the Bud and Bud Light that Margaret would let us have…remember those nights, Don?) til the sun came up and it was time to go get breakfast.

Yes Matt I remember them well. That was in my drinking days and boy did I put away some of Trickles beer. Now that you mention it I remember Vic. He was a sports model. My wife shot in the in field back then and vic was in the in field for some reason during a support race and I think it was Gene Corrsen that was run off the track and was headed towards Vic and my wife happened to be taping in that general direction and you ain’t never seen a big man Move like Vic did. We laughed about that for years. Bob…

PS: That Pabst blue ribbon was terrible but it was free…

Vic is my brother

[QUOTE=flvideo;55637]Yes Matt I remember them well. That was in my drinking days and boy did I put away some of Trickles beer. Now that you mention it I remember Vic. He was a sports model. My wife shot in the in field back then and vic was in the in field for some reason during a support race and I think it was Gene Corrsen that was run off the track and was headed towards Vic and my wife happened to be taping in that general direction and you ain’t never seen a big man Move like Vic did. We laughed about that for years. Bob…

PS: That Pabst blue ribbon was terrible but it was free…[/QUOTE]

Hi, I am Vic’s sister and I would love a copy of vic running from the car.