Racing Has Lost Another One

Red Mills of Punta Gorda has passed away after a long battle with cancer. He was the tire man at Punta Gorda Speedway for several years. He owned all engine machine, and in earlier years, was part of the success of Butch Hirst, Dan Daughtey, and of course,his son Carroll Mills. Carroll raced in the mod-mini’s at Desoto and Punta Gorda for years. Carroll passed away several years agowith cancer. Please remember his family in these times. May God bless.

Hate to here this. It pretty well completes the Morris Davis 98 team effort. His nephew Benji raced skeeters in N. Fla and S Ga. He then moved north and wrenched for several top notch sprint car teams. Who ever said racing ain’t hereditary. RIP Red.

Red was a great guy and devoted most of is life to the sport of short track racing. People in this sport like red are hard to find.
Don62

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;55811]Red was a great guy and devoted most of is life to the sport of short track racing. People in this sport like red are hard to find.
Don62[/QUOTE]

Aint that the truth Don!!!

I am sorry to hear that too. Red and Carroll were a threat to Mod Mini’s for sure. I wasn’t aware, Gene, That Carroll had passed. Man I’m getting old. My prayers go out to the Mills family. God Bless. Bob…