Super Lates at Punta Gorda Speedway this Sat Night

Punta Gorda Speedway concludes its 2010 season with the Super Late Models this Saturday Night. Also the Pro Trucks will go 50 Laps, the Legend cars will have a 75 lapper for $1,000 to win, Pro4, Fab4, Road Warriors, Mini Stocks, Rookie Trucks and Bandoleros. There will be an early Christmas for 2 lucky kids as there will be new bicycles given away and more prizes and fun for the entire family.

You don’t want to miss this one as it will be an exciting night of racing as we crown all our champions. The pit slabs are going fast so call the speedway office at 941-575-7223 and reserve your slab.

Tickets are only $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors and Veterans, Kids 11-17 $5 and 10 and under FREE.

We have 17 Lates called for parking already and it only Tuesday. Alot of Trucks and Legends coming too. I’ll post pre entries later this week. Call for a slab they are going fast. 941-575-7223

we have been calling, still no answer and we have left messages two days in a row.:smilie_bett:

See legends post. I notice a theme here. Let’s beg the track to let us race there!

3 Days // 6 Phone Messages // No Response // Need At Least 10 Slabs
Left Messages On Kevins Cell // Left Messages On Pgs Phone . No Response. Carol Wicks , If Its So Good Why Dont You Become The Commications Person For Tis Facility ?? We Wish To Participate In This Event Buy Can Not Get Anyone To Talk To Us. All We Want Is A Phone Call Or An E-mail. !!!

Thank You
Russ Thomsom
Legends Cars Of Florida . Com
407-873-0546

John I got your message and pit slab, if you need to speak to me call 941-626-2586.

thanks Greg

[QUOTE=lcof;56795]3 Days // 6 Phone Messages // No Response // Need At Least 10 Slabs
Left Messages On Kevins Cell // Left Messages On Pgs Phone . No Response. Carol Wicks , If Its So Good Why Dont You Become The Commications Person For Tis Facility ?? We Wish To Participate In This Event Buy Can Not Get Anyone To Talk To Us. All We Want Is A Phone Call Or An E-mail. !!!

Thank You
Russ Thomsom
Legends Cars Of Florida . Com
407-873-0546[/QUOTE]

Again, We have answered all messages that were left, if you need additional assistance please call 941-626-2586.

Thanks Greg

Greg

Great job Greg telling another promoter that is maybe being 5 to 8 cars to your track that he did not call your office. Your a great promoter Greg this is a great way to get good car count.

Hell it would have sounded much better if you had told him you were having problems phone systems.

Gary Laplant

This was a common theme when I worked there as well. Hell, I couldn’t even get a call back! Please, we beg you, let us come race at your kingdom!

Gerg
Just call Russ onthe number he left.
Russ is the strightest guy in the racing traveling program in florida.
He has a real envestment in what he does and is a class act.
You could use his help. Dont take that wrong i used his help for years.
Dont let him get away.
Don62

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;57037]Gerg
Just call Russ onthe number he left.
Russ is the strightest guy in the racing traveling program in florida.
He has a real envestment in what he does and is a class act.
You could use his help. Dont take that wrong i used his help for years.
Dont let him get away.
Don62[/QUOTE]

Don, Thanks I have spoken to him several times now, the cars he was speaking about had already called me for slabs. Don thanks for being positive it what racing needs!!!

Greg

Greg

Your 100% right racing should be all positive but you make it real hard for that at time you never answer your e-mails and don"t call back. I understand your feelings towards me but I would hope one day you would grow up and let the past be the past and help your track with more car count.

I have spend many dollar racing over the last few year and I plan on having a few trucks and cars racing this year but I am not racing at tracks that will not get back to me and wont answer questions when asked.

Gary Laplant

This is all so freaking old!

are all you people working your butts off to make sure another track closes???
Gary… we all know you USED to work for CCMP… BUT… you didnt work for PGS! please stop already. every time a post comes on berating Greg or PGS you come on here and join in. Please stop. It doesnt make you look very good and you as well have burned bridges you most likely could have crossed again. who would want to do business with a man who does all he can to hurt a business he worked so hard to help build? i dont get it. MOVE ON!
AJ… i cannot believe this is you acting so hateful and rediculous. i had respect for you when you worked at the track. you were polite and friendly. now i see a wicked nasty guy who is pissed off because he lost his job! Stop already. you are not doing anything to hurt anyone but yourself! no one will trust a guy who turns on you when things dont go your way.
Greg works his a$$ off. he works two jobs and one of them is PGS, owned and operated by Kevin Williams. Greg does what hes told! IF he was doing anything Kevin thought was wrong, he would have been fired. Why cant you guys leave him alone?
If you have a gripe email the track and politely air your grievance! I HATE when i call a business and dont get an answer too but racing is endangered and you guys are helping to toss in another shovel of dirt on a grave thats being dug all over Florida!!!
Kevin has only owned PGS for a few short months and has worked like a dog. He will be closed for a couple months and when he reopens then lets see how things go. these past months have been a nightmare…Most drivers are very happy with decisions Kevin has made and we have had very successful races. The pits are pretty full and this weekend should be AMAZING!.
there are 2-3 people making all this noise and they are disgruntled EX employees! So take it with a grain of salt and I hope the new seasons is fun for fans, drivers, and the track.
Russ… you are not part of my post. I understand your need to get ahold of Greg and he did answer…sometimes it takes time but if people leave their name, #, and a brief message he calls back. there are hundreds of calls and it takes time to answer all of them…especially if you work 2 jobs trying to survive in todays economy!
Gary… you said something about everyone should be positive… well please take your own advice! either offer something positive or dont offer anything. you know how this message board gets. how would you feel if PGS closed? it would be like a child you helped raise dying and you are one of the people feeding it poison…
Kevin didnt buy PGS to become rich. he bought it to save it!!! to give us all a place to enjoy the sport we love. Kevin has raced at PGS since the beginning. he has a very successful business and he can walk away and live comfortably. he loves the speedway and that is his motivation… i bet he is starting to wonder why… i personally thank Kevin and all the people who stand by him for all they have done for Punta Gorda and for racing!!

CAROL WICKS aka OZ

Carol

I cant believe you wrote this post and taking side after some of our conversation we have had about Florida Tracks and what goes on. So please stop and think what your saying and posting.

Most people that work at track have other jobs When I was at CCMP I ran a business too and I always answered the phone good or bad. Its part of the job Carol. Kevin and Greg are very bad about getting back to people.

There are a few of us that have tryed to get information to help PGS and bring racing team to Punta Gorda to spend money not only at the track but at motels and restaurant in the area so the whole commuity loses because of PUNTA GORDA SPEEDWAY is not answering question. When I race Carol I bring 10 to 15 people with and and make a weekend out of it. So what has the other Punta Gorda business have lost in revenue beacuse PGS doent answer question.

That why Punta Gorda Like the race track it brings people to the Punta Gorda community to spend money form out of town if you cant get answers then you dont come.

Carol I am looking to race next year and when I was racing full time in the past Carol I had 6 street stocks so I really think that a track would like to have that revenue coming in and would take time to answer my questoions either Greg or Kevin who ever is to answer questions for PGS. It boils down to one thing if someone from PGS would answser the phone and the questions there would be no post on here about it.

We have been freinds for years Carol but your post is way out of line on this matter.

Sometime in business negitive bring positive out of it in the long run.

Gary Laplant
813 313 8741

Gary…

i have always told you how i feel about the negativity on the boards. that is what my post is about. nothing more, nothing less. i HATE the way ppl get on here and do that. it isnt helping at all! yes sometimes negative responses can bring about positive results in business, but i VERY SELDOM see that happen on this board when ppl are just PO’d. this isnt a personal thing Gary but every single time someone comes on here and sends a message to Greg, you come on and say something negative or tell everyone about what you used to do. to us it just looks like you have a hair across your a$$ for Greg.
like i said…this isnt personal. it is just something that irritates me and i said what i said. im not always right but i know one thing… i sure dont want to be witness to the day they shut down PGS… hopefully that day will never come. Gary, i dont want to argue on here. it is fruitless. have to go Christmas shopping for the kids now. chill out. same stuff, different day…

carol

Carol

When you make a post about a subject and there are many that are saying the same thing but you spell out one name you make it personal at the point Carol. You directed it right to me which is cool I am a big man and can take it.
There were other asking the same question and I posted my comments which should be ok.

Do I have it out for Greg No I do not I have e-mailed him many times this year on many matters and I have never got one e-mail back from him. Which he does the same to others. Also have been told Greg that he wont ever e-mail me back. I have e-mailed Kevin and got some answers If your a race director its your job to get people to the track even if you dont like them it called doing your job and revenue . You can stick up for Greg which is very cool but we both no the truth about if he is doing a good job at being race director now don’t we.

I hear ya on wanting to keep the track it is a community thing to keep it and if it does not help the community and there a problems on Saturday night they will close it.

Gary Laplant

Gary

it doesnt matter what your intentions are. posting all that negativity on this board does not help in any way. thats all im saying. i directed my posts to you and aj because you and aj are the ppl i wanted to address… you know me gary. i am honest and straight up. if i lie i will forget what the heck i said and then ill be in a mess…lol
i tell you straight up what i think because i think you trust me and maybe something i say will be right? roflllllll
greg and i have been friends for many yrs. i certainly dont agree with everything Greg does but that doesnt change the truth and it will NEVER change our friendship. Kevin is smart enough to know who is doing the best job for his track. he is aware of all that goes on and it is his decision to fire or hire. not mine and not yours.
please lets not get into a pi$$ing match on here. we can talk later. have to run now.
carol

Carol

Please explain it to me Carol if four or more other people are saying the same thing about Greg Not answering the phone then it a problem not just to me there are other people upset about it dont just point me out to be the bad guy on the matter. I was just posting my imput on the matter like the rest of them sorry you did not just like my imput and the rest of them were ok.

Kevin has done a great job there with what he has had to work with and I hope it get better for him.

Gary Laplant
813 313 8741

Here’s Your Sign!

Gary,
Not trying to be nasty, but have you even stopped to think, for one second, that they just don’t want you at PGS at all? Do you forget that when you left there you left the place in shambles? You took everything that was not nailed down and even things that were!! I know you said you had purchased alot of that stuff yourself but really, you had to do it the way you did just because you were not wanted to work there any longer?! You say that you have so many trucks or cars to bring and so many people to come with you, sometimes it’s just not worth the hassle to deal with you or the riff raff that accompanies you. I think everyone has just been beating around the bush and didn’t want to put it all out there but it’s just better off not having you at the track, you left there 6 months ago and are still trying to cause problems. You think you did such a good job when you were there and that you could do such a better job than anyone else, why was there always someone up in your face almost every weekend wanting to beat your a$$? You are relentless, stop beating up on Greg just because you wanted that job and couldn’t have it! I’m sorry but bottom line is, plain and simple…NOONE WANTS YOU OR YOUR “PEOPLE” AT PGS, STOP CALLING AND EMAILING, NOONE IS GOING TO ANSWER YOU!!! GET OVER IT ALREADY!!

Jeff 1956

Welcome to Karnac message board I see your a new member today(12-6-10)

The past is the past and I have put my lose behind.

All that matter is what Bobby, Kevin, Mike ,and myself business deals was.
I was told to remove my asset there I had there and I did. That all that matters at this point no matter what anyone thinks.

As far as me wanting Gregs job you are very wrong there sir It is very nice not having to answer the phone on racing question 24/7 which I did do.
I am sure Kevin and Greg Know what I am saying on this. Just that Greg does not always call back.

I Have been asked by Kevin to come race there this year.

Jeff 1956 I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Gary Laplant