Picture Request Please

Hey guys, new to the site but lived in Florida for 23 years and will be adding to the picture thread, I just finished racing by the numbers and I gotta say that kicks major a$$, thanks for making my day.
My picture request is this, remember the wedge style late models that raced at Sunshine back in the 80’s? I would love to see pictures of those,anybody have some? I have a ton of pictures and gotta scan them in, my florida pix don’t go back to the mid 80’s though when these cars ran.

[SIZE=“4”]Here?s a few for starters.

First is one of our cars at Sunshine Speedway.

My daughter & son, Michelle & J.C. are in the forefront here.

Here?s my friend Chuck ?Shorty? Stewart in Ward Blazer?s
Thirty-Ought-Six at Sunshine Speedway.

[/SIZE]

I got a few pics of our cars on the other computer; will get them posted when I get to it (the other computer).

Hey Fenton…LOL…there’s our car again :wink: Childers was driving at the time; that’s my dad in the black T-shirt standing by the left rear quarter panel. This’s probably 1981; that body that’s on that car (the white #12) was brand-new…LOL…looks like Langston’s #73 behind our car, and then maybe Dave Yow’s orange and white #63 behind that.

Go to my website www.floridaracinghistory.com and you will find a bunch on there… especially the ones at New Smyrna Speedway… You can also find a few pix on Bruce Griffin’s site floridaracingmemories.com.

Why can’t we go back to using those type bodies again??? I know we have had this discussion before but they are so simple and MADE right in the shop for the most part…

Speaking of Ward Blazer, didn’t he make a late model street legal? I remember seeing that thing at a few car shows, any pix? How about the wedge car from Holeshot engineering? When I left Florida that thing was still in the back room along with about a dozen Baker engines?

1. Is this the car you’re talking about?

2. Our car in '85 with Bryan driving.

3. Our car in '86, again with Wescott.

4. Childers after we came back after Bryan’s crash.

5. Our car in '84 at Inverness.

Ward built our motors in '81 and '82. maybe even after that. Unless Dwan’s was building them for Bryan…

85_wescott_2.jpg

86_wescott_2.jpg

88_childers_2.jpg

84_childers_2.jpg

the 73 was frank barfus ernaehrung004:

[QUOTE=crobinson76;56776]the 73 was frank barfus :ernaehrung004:[/QUOTE]Thank you, sir :wink: I knew Langston ran there, too; forgot about Frank :slight_smile:

Yes sir Jimmy, that’s the one, that car sat in the back of Holeshot for years, I even tried to buy it at one time, I think Holoeshot is closed right? Whatever happened to that car after they closed up? Btw, you guys are the bomb! Thanx.

I thought Jimmy Cope drove that thing at one time? When I seen that car race at Sunshine I thought that was the baddest damn car I had ever laid eyes on, dirt or asphalt, I wish I would have taken pictures back then, Racing will never ever be like that again. One left I really want is pictures of the late model Ward Blazer made street legal, anybody have any?

Fenton mentioned something about it in another thread somewheres; I wanna say he said it was that .30-'06 that Shorty was driving. Lemme see if I can find the thread.

Here it is:

http://www.realracinusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9772

Post #8 in the thread by Fenton:

>>As Craig mentions in his post in the other thread, Ward eventually got tired of supporting the cost of the effort with this racer and actually converted it to street legal!

Imagine my surprise when he came rumbling up to my office that day in Largo with this thing sporting headlights, taillights, windshield wipers and a current Florida license tag! <<

Oh, and ABYSS, I don’t think Cope got back in to a Mitton car after he won the Governor’s Cup in '82. I know Pletcher drove for Mitton both before and after Cope was in that car (late '70s, then maybe mid- to late '80s the second time). Cope would probably have been in the Aaro Construction car (#48) or Stanford’s car (InterBay Marine #69) (after Scarborough). I know he (Cope) drove Stanford’s car when they had that bad-a$$ V6 in it and was damn near unbeatable; that was probably '86 or '87.

hey in that other link was that Bigley jr’s red and white 28

Nope. You mean in the pits at Sunshine with the .30-'06? I wanna say that was Billy Bechtelheimer. Bigley was running down at either Naples (when it was open) or DeSoto, and he had a brown-and-white race car at the time.

Yes that is bechtelhiemer, a regular at citrus, nice guy but definatley not someone you ever wanted pissed off at you on the track.

Jimmy, I was at the Burger King car show on 19 in Pinellas Park the first time I saw Wards car. I had heard about it but hadn’t seen it. I caught it outta the corner of my eye coming down 19, man that was the wildest thing I ever saw, a full blown wedge late model on the street! I’m curious whatever happened to that thing, I wish I had taken pics of it. Same thing for the Mitton car, I sure would like to know where it’s at today.

[QUOTE=ABYSS64;56690]Hey guys, new to the site but lived in Florida for 23 years and will be adding to the picture thread, I just finished racing by the numbers and I gotta say that kicks major a$$, thanks for making my day.
My picture request is this, remember the wedge style late models that raced at Sunshine back in the 80’s? I would love to see pictures of those,anybody have some? I have a ton of pictures and gotta scan them in, my florida pix don’t go back to the mid 80’s though when these cars ran.[/QUOTE]

Hey Abyss64… Welcome to the site and if you haven’t figured it out, just ask as many of us have pictures that go way back, not too mention love all the history, so we looooooove to see the old pictures anytime we get a chance…

have a great day and hope to see lots more of you…

Found another bad-fast race car - LeRoy’s '85 wedge car:

[QUOTE=flraceguy;56893]Hey Abyss64… Welcome to the site and if you haven’t figured it out, just ask as many of us have pictures that go way back, not too mention love all the history, so we looooooove to see the old pictures anytime we get a chance…

have a great day and hope to see lots more of you…[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I love old school as well. I’ll have other pic request Im sure. I have a bunch of my own although Im 46 so im sure mine don’t go back as far as some. I can post pics from the races I attend up here as well. What do you guys use for a picture host so you can cut n paste here?

Thanx Jimmy, that’s a sweet picture!!