Need some pics from '70s/'80s Figure 8's...

I’m lookin’ for some pics of Figure 8 racing in the '70s and '80s at Golden Gate, St. Pete, DeSoto…you name it. The “Street Stock/Thunder Car” type Figure 8’s, not those “outlaw Late Models” with the goofy wings 'n spoilers on 'em - those’re for Indy cars and dirt cars :wink:

Lookin’ for pics of like the Meyers, Ringheisen, Miller, Woosley, Grynewicz…the old Mustangs, Camaros, and Novas.

For a project I’m workin’ on - need 'em by the end of the week next week.

Thanks to anybody that can help out!

Sounds like your planning an add on for Nascar 2003 or some other game. If it is for 2003 and using the 69-70 car set let me know as I have already created the meyers mustangs and a few other cars to run the figure track for that game…

Laters…

Nope :wink: Although, that be way too cool! I used to be an avid sim racer, till a divorce kicked in and I had to basically sell off my TSW wheel, my sim (the game), and all that good stuff…LOL…

But, no, it’s not for NR2003; it’s for a HUGE R/C (that’s “radio control”) race that we have coming up in January, and I need to make up the flyer for it :wink: Just need some good pics of Figure 8 cars.

Anybody…? Someone’s gotta have somethin’…:wink:

Jimmy I will try to go through my old albums probably Thursday and see what I can get for you. I know I have quite a few from Auburndale in the early 80’s.

[QUOTE=James Wright III;57439]I will try to go through my old albums probably Thursday.[/QUOTE]Thank you, sir!

hey

all i can find in my dads photos is desoto / sunshine speedway mini figure 8’s from 1980 to 85:ernaehrung004:

i sent u a p.m. with a website that i think will help your cause:)

[QUOTE=ams311;57468]all i can find in my dads photos is desoto / sunshine speedway mini figure 8’s from 1980 to 85:ernaehrung004:[/QUOTE]Those’ll work :wink: Let’s see whatcha got! :wink:

[QUOTE=gator81;57474]i sent u a p.m. with a website that i think will help your cause:)[/QUOTE]Thanks, guys; this is the kind of stuff I’m lookin’ for!

To James Wright III

James - I really need old Auburndale pictures for my website… please let me know what you have… announcerdave@usa.net

Jimmy… Feel free to browse floridaracinghistory.com… I know there are a few Fig 8 pictures on there…

If anyone has a couple of really good scanned photos of Wild Bill Revard, please e-mail to me… want to put up on the site in his memory.

Thanks, Dave. That was the first place I looked; didn’t really see anything that I could use, though. Saw a LOT of old Figure 8 pics, but most were just a little far back for what I need :wink:

jimmy

hey jimmy i will look for all the mini f8 pics this week for you

Well…did anyone find anything…?? :wink:

'Preciate the help if anyone finds anything…

jimmy mckinly

I found a site that you are looking for www.floridastockcars.com its show everything from going back 1940-50 and up. also, aerial of old tracks that are here then and some here today, Sunshine Speedway still here, it now tollbooth training track, still see it in map in bird eyes. Many, many pictures you think of from the old tracks and histories and drivers back in the oldies. Come and check it out. youre be collection 1000`s pictures. From Golden Gates, Eau-Galle, lots more.

Doesn’t have what I’m looking for. I went through all them pics there, and nothing I can really use there.

I’ve been to Dave’s site many, many times.

Thanks, though :wink:

Hey Jimmy, have you ever tried Google News and the archives section. They might have some old Newspaper scans if you type in what you are looking for. I have found many old Newspaper articles on there myself in my search for old races, pics, and stories.
By the way, love your pics on facebook. THANKS for sharing them.
Ron Nelson

[SIZE=“4”]Hey McKinley,

Here?s a couple of Dino?s Pizza Cougars (cars, not women)
from that era at Sunshine Speedway.

This would?ve been late 70?s, early 80?s.

On the left driving the ?X? is Jimmy Jeswald. Jimmy used to work for me in the 70?s as an operator.

On the right in the #33 car I believe is Jim Boles.

[/SIZE]

Just to show y’all what I came up with. We race the biggest R?c (radio-controlled) race in the world next month here in Kissimmee, the 17th Annual Snowbird Nationals. Over 600 different racers, over 800 cars, drivers from all 50 states and 54 different countries around the world! We were looking for a “fun” race to do on Saturday night, and we came up with a Figure 8 race: 2 classes of cars, 100 laps each. This is our Speed Weeks!

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com

Just to show y’all what I came up with. We race the biggest R/C (radio-controlled) race in the world next month here in Kissimmee, the 17th Annual Snowbird Nationals. Over 600 different racers, over 800 cars, drivers from all 50 states and 54 different countries around the worldWe were looking for a “fun” race to do on Saturday night, and we came up with a Figure 8 race: 2 classes of cars, 100 laps each. This is our Speed Weeks!

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com