Snowball Derby, or Roller Derby?

Sounded like a terrible race, with a bunch of cheap-shot moves. Supposed to be the best of the best, and they raced like it was Crash-A-Rama.

Johanna Long literally bulldozed her way to the front with only a few laps to go.

There ain’t a driver there that isn’t pissed off at someone else.

Top 5 (prior to the Tech Shed) are:

Johanna Long
Donnie Wilson
Scott Hantz
Landon Cassill
Dennis Schoenfeld

Travis Kittleson finished 8th, in Justin Drawdy’s equipment.

Did Johanna Long past tech after the race to win? I was just wondering.

johanna passed tech.results are final

Tech cleared, she won. I dont know how it played out on the radio - but there was so much stuff happening in the final 20 laps - all over the field - it was hard to keep up.

Don’t know about her bulldozing - the only debatable one was Landon Cassill who had just dumped Elliott - and my dad and i are still arguing over whether she hit him or not. I think she was clean. The real deal was her coming in for tires and having some others knock out the rest of the contenders. On new tires, the only one with anything for her was the 47 (Roderick?) as he pitted with her. He got caught up with Mason Mingus on a restart. Mingus was a wreck waiting to happen all weekend.

The biggest peckerhead of the race award has to go to Mike Garvey who caused several wrecks with his hammerhead style of driving. He took out Lawler, Enfinger and generally was a hassle to anyone around him. I was rooting for Lawler - he had passed half the field after getting behind early.

I wasnt a fan of the way they drove the last 30 laps - but you could see it coming when the last half of the field took on tires. Something had to give and it did. Nobody cut anyone slack - it was rough.

Her Nose Did Not Have A Scratch On It !

Her doors were dinged up. Cassil got off the bottom and she got next to him, He came down, she did not lift. Same deal as Cassil and Elliot. Racing for the win! Bubba is right on with his calls of the race. Another great week at the Snowball! Ya’ll have got to see this race at least once in your life!

Count me in for next year, I’ve been before but it’s been three years, I listened to the race on racetalk, and I have to agree, it sounds like Mike Garvey may have needed security at his trailer when that one was over,
You know, you guys have been watching crapcar way to long, bitching about the way they were driving?? Come on people, this is racing dammit, not sugar coated football or nascrap! Using the bumper comes with it, and it really comes into play when the big $$$ is on the line. Apparently you guys have never seen Dick Anderson, Jimmy Cope, Eddie King, ect. race before! Ever go to Sunshine? Citrus? How about a high dollar dirt race? Please,please don’t bring true late model racing down to the level of nascrap. you better not ever go to Bowman Grey if you don’t wanna see rough driving!!

Not sure what race yall were watching but Chase come down on landon and spun hisself out. The only thing landon could of done was run into the inside wall to keep off id Chase and that wasn’t gonna happen. And jo Jo hit landon square in the back bumper twice and then he spun on the back stretch. I can’t blame her really, its the derby but it would of been nice to see her take the lead fairly clean. O well it was a awesome race. How bout that rule that they had to finish the race with 5 green flag laps.

I just got home from the Snowball and I would go back tomorrow if they were racing. You had to be there. I listened to Race talk Live and saw it live. I will definately go back next year. Wow… Its a must for any race fan.

Cfont I dont disagree about Chase - he left the door open and cassill jumped in, then chase did come down too late. cant do that that late in the derby. It was one of those calls that probably depends more on who you are rooting for.

I didnt see the two shots to the rear on cassill. They would have been headed away from me at that point, so i aint gonna say it definitely didn’t happen (my dad thinks it did too - i just didn’t see it). She was much faster at that point and would have passed him anyhow with the tires - shame he spun - he ran a great race.

Oh an way to go to Hantz and Schoenfeld - Hantz came from the last chance race stayed out of trouble (unlike Garvey) and was pretty quick at the end. Schoenfeld was a lapped car at the front all day (which caused its own drama) but he finally got all his laps back and finished strong.

I really felt for David Rogers - he just missed it on his qualifying laps and was well on his way in the last chance (he and Sieg were the fastest) when his axle broke. I talked to him in the pits Sat morning and he sounded pretty frustrated with this race. He said no matter what he does - it is always just a tenth or two off here. Hope he comes back next year for it.

Sounds like it was one hell of a race… Too bad I missed it this year… Oh well We will shoot for next year…

I hope everyone had a great time and stayed reasonably warm…

have a great day…

My guess is it probably sounded alot like the Gov Cup would have on the radio - but in person - it was indeed a thriller. Their green flag policy at the end made for some serious drama.

Just got back today and on the drive heard Johanna long on the Sirius Nascar channel - she owned up to punting Landon - so I guess my old mans eyes are better than mine!

Just got home from p-cola

Bubba I watched channel 3 news just before I left my sons house this morning. She clearly tagged him in the left rear. I am now a fan of Cassil’s, as he stated in his interveiw that she was on new tires and got a better run off the corner and got into him. He said thats just racing for the win and he congradulated her. The kid is class act.

cfontfan you are right about Cassil and Case!

My point was that it was at the end of the race and NOBODY was cutting anybody any slack.

I’m glad to here that she admitted to spinning the 7 car. Would of been cool to see her pass him on the outside for sure. To bad on jayski’s website they made it out like she passed Wilson for the lead and never even mentioned that cassil was even in the battle. I know after the gov cup and the Derby I can’t wait for the red eye in Jan. Lol

I can’t wait for the red eye in Jan
Doubt you’ll see the same quality fields like we saw the past two big races. Doesn’t the RedEye typically only draw out the regular locals (Rogers, Russell, maybe Anderson, BJ, etc.)? Not sure if any out-of-state cars make the tow down here that early.

You have to remember, jayski is in the pocket of nascrap, they wouldn’t know a real race if it ran thru their living room!

Damn what a race! i’ve been to them all and although i agree there was a bit too much aggression, but Damn! it’s the Derby! LOL There were more lead changes and comers and goers and just so many twist and turns! it was just amazing! Very exciting!!!

Trust me! this was far from a terrible race! i mean there was side b y side racing the whole time and no one ever ever checked out the whole time! it was just non stop action! great race!!! [QUOTE=Frasson118;57293]Sounded like a terrible race, with a bunch of cheap-shot moves. Supposed to be the best of the best, and they raced like it was Crash-A-Rama.

Johanna Long literally bulldozed her way to the front with only a few laps to go.

There ain’t a driver there that isn’t pissed off at someone else.

Top 5 (prior to the Tech Shed) are:

Johanna Long
Donnie Wilson
Scott Hantz
Landon Cassill
Dennis Schoenfeld[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfontfan View Post
I’m glad to here that she admitted to spinning the 7 car. Would of been cool to see her pass him on the outside for sure. To bad on jayski’s website they made it out like she passed Wilson for the lead and never even mentioned that cassil was even in the battle. I know after the gov cup and the Derby I can’t wait for the red eye in Jan. Lol

You have to remember, jayski is in the pocket of nascrap, they wouldn’t know a real race if it ran thru their living room!

Looks like Jayski took the report directly from the Snowball site. You need to read the complete article to get the real story. I think Jayski is one of the best sites on the internet and you can see stories there that Nascar won’t publish. JMO but as good as yours.