New owner at Bronson?

I just heard that Ken Sands formerly of East Bay is now the owner of Bronson.

New Owner at Bronson

Not true - they have not signed a deal yet, I heard this from a reliable source, if it does get done, it will be great to have another track in Florida.

Anytime we as racers, crew, and fans can add another racetrack to our midst is not just a good thing… It is a great thing…

Have a great night all…

I got a prices for that track.

It`s show in the website I saw last week some time, Bronson Speedway selling for $700,000. by whom going to buy that track, that would be nice, my OWM ran that track by former driver whom I bought his car from while back before they close the track down. This car has few winning from Bronson.:ernaehrung004:

DJ

Ken Sands means Stan Kolan. Stan Kolan means somebody is going to get screwed!

What happened to Mike Cope??

Its not listed on Racing Junk for sale anymore. It must have either sold or is very near that point. Bronson is a nice facility and it would be nice to have another place to race. If they were smart, they would run on Friday nights to avoid competing with Citrus. With the right management and promotion that track would do very well. There isnt dick to do in Levy County other than go to Walmart. Cope leased it to Tony Parker a few years ago and Parker got locked up for bribing somebody with the Feds or something along those lines. He also managed to screw all the drivers out a a banquet and end of the year trophies…but I guess if you are in jail its ok :slight_smile:

WOW, didn’t know that! That’s not the first time something like that’s happened to a Florida track. Hope someone worthy takes it over for you guys sake.

Some good info for you. This is the very reason why term limits should be set to keep this in check.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100402/articles/100409895

http://thenewscaster.com/trial.html

[QUOTE=MiniRacer26;61105]Some good info for you. This is the very reason why term limits should be set to keep this in check.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100402/articles/100409895

http://thenewscaster.com/trial.html[/QUOTE]

Isn’t that lovely?!? Did Mike not know who he was dealing with? Why did Mike give it up anyway?
Anyway, hope it’s saved, I liked that little track, I remember SARA running there, those were some wild races, even Florida Pro Series ran there, the way the track was back then sure made things interesting

Bronson in a web for sale $700,000.

http://www.racetracksforsale.com/Real_Estate/100000018586349.html

I just pull it up and paste it for you guys to check it out, it`s got ariel, map, prices, Realtor names, and ph. #. Realtor from North Dakota.

DJ

[QUOTE=ABYSS64;61127]Isn’t that lovely?!? Did Mike not know who he was dealing with? Why did Mike give it up anyway?
Anyway, hope it’s saved, I liked that little track, I remember SARA running there, those were some wild races, even Florida Pro Series ran there, the way the track was back then sure made things interesting[/QUOTE]

I dont think Mike had any idea what was going on. I have no idea why Cope gave it up, I know the place was a ghost town. A lot of us supported Parker, went up on our weeks off and he bascially *(&^% us! I hope it reopens as well, the more race tracks the better. Competition is a good thing.

Clarification on status of Bronson

To clarify ownership and prospective sale of the speedway… Bronson Motor Speedway is still for sale and we are currently negotiating with two very promising prospects. A contract could be signed as early as next week. The price stated above is for only a portion of the property. The property is still available and we will keep you updated on any further developments.

Thank you,
Bronson Motor Speedway

Just for the record Parker was found guilty of bribery charges but managed to avoid jail time and is under house arrest.Considering some Dixie County commissioners got nailed just before that you would think he should have been smart enough to think twice when strangers show up offering you money.:sprachlos020:

I’m not going to judge Tony Parker because the man was always generous and helpful to me when I was announcing there. The court system did its thing and that was that. But when it comes to Bronson Motor Speedway a lot of good people put a lot of effort into that track, only to have it come to nothing. It is an excellent track that lends itself to great racing, and I saw six car features there that were every bit as exciting as 20 car features at other asphalt facilities. Hopefully it will be back in operation soon, and if they were to invite me back I’d most likely accept. I really enjoyed the people and the action there!

Jeff
Isn’t that lovely?!? Did Mike not know who he was dealing with? Why did Mike give it up anyway?

Do u think he wanted to…
He still ownes it and trying to sell it. a great track in tough times.
will make a great short track when things come back. Its far enough out to be the last of the old tracks. Dont think they will build any new ones soon.

Don62

[QUOTE=ABYSS64;61127]Isn’t that lovely?!? Did Mike not know who he was dealing with? Why did Mike give it up anyway?
Anyway, hope it’s saved, I liked that little track, I remember SARA running there, those were some wild races, even Florida Pro Series ran there, the way the track was back then sure made things interesting[/QUOTE]

Tony was charged with rackettering ‘after’ he signed the lease of Bronson. I’m sure Mike thought positive of him, being a county commissioner and all. Tony put in a two lane mud bog pit that was a big draw of fans for the race track as well. The Feds got him in the end but no jail time. Just house arrest and probation. The others got jail time. Legal fees took him under too.
I liked Tony as a lot of people did and I think he would still be running the track had it not been for the other problems…JMO
-JIM-

Jim makes a good point that I left out.The indictments came after the lease was signed.Hopefully Bronson can re-open it is only 20 minutes from my house and can put on some exciting racing.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;61258]Jeff

Do u think he wanted to…
He still ownes it and trying to sell it. a great track in tough times.
will make a great short track when things come back. Its far enough out to be the last of the old tracks. Dont think they will build any new ones soon.

Don62[/QUOTE]

What are you? Some kind of stalker?

No i just love u big boy. (FLABBY64SS)

Don62