Abyss64 Trivia Thread

Elmo Langley

Nope, good guess though.

I’ma go with Tommy Gale in one of ol’ Elmo’s Fords. That’s gotta be about 1975 or so. Looks like maybe Charlotte?

Lol, I knew u would guess that one Jimmy, Tommy Gale,1976 Cam2 motor oil 400 from Michigan.

Name both drivers in this next one.
Remember, several drivers in the 98 but the other one should make you think a little.

That’s gotta be practice for the ‘84 Daytona 500. Ol’ Natz Peters in Mitton’s #60 got wadded up in Friday’s consolation race with Jim Hurlbert, in that huge-a$$ fireball.

I’m goin’ out on a limb and saying the 98 is…Joe Ruttman. That’s not a Hendrick car :slight_smile: Hendrick didn’t get the Levi-Garrett sponsorship until '86 with Geoff Bodine; and they went out and won the 500 that year.

Here’s a question for ya:

In early 1972, Bobby Allison was driving for Mario Rossi, but instead of the usual (Rossi #) 22, the car was renumbered to Allison’s #12. Allison then crashed that car, resulting in borrowing a Dodge Charger from someone else. The car was run at Riverside and (at least) Nashville, and was pink and yellow. Who’d he borrow the car from?

Trivia Thread

In early 1972, Bobby Allison was driving for Mario Rossi, but instead of the usual (Rossi #) 22, the car was renumbered to Allison’s #12. Allison then crashed that car, resulting in borrowing a Dodge Charger from someone else. The car was run at Riverside and (at least) Nashville, and was pink and yellow. Who’d he borrow the car from?

Sounds like Marty Robbins to me!!

Sounds like Marty Robbins to me!!
Yep:

You are correct on both counts Jimmy. My answer is the same as 83earnhardt, Marty Robbins.

Name the driver of the 34 and the track the pic was taken at.

TRIVIAPIX6.jpg

Hmmm…looks like an old Wendell Ford…but that yellow '65 Chevelle is throwing me off…looks more like a Late Model Sportsman race. That #34 car even looks more like a street car than a race car. But I see what looks like the Winston Chevelle show car sitting off to the side there. That even looks like Wendell there at the left rear fender…hmmmmmm…think ya got me on this one…I don’t even recognize the track…

Love this thread. Please keep the pictures and questions coming. The #34 looks like a reproduction of a '62 Wendell Scott Chevy similar to the one he won with at Jax. Speedway Park. I would guess this may have been taken during the filming of White Lightning since the one Chevelle is a '65 and the red and white one is closer to a '75 as is the van in the picture. I have no idea what track they are at, but Middle Georgia was used for some of the filming and the movie was historically inaccurate as far as using the correct cars.

Nashville or Richmond?

Jimmy & clincher are correct about the driver but it is not a repop, garyj is correct on the location, that is the old Richmond Fairgrounds, believe it or not that’s actually 1978.

Ok, here’s tonights pic,I have a ton of weird cars but most have the name visible, any objections to me using photoshop to remove the names?? I may just start another thread just for the different stuff I have, anyway on with the next one. Although not a cup car I think you’ll figure it out.

Bob Keselowski

Damn that was quik.O)k, klets make it tougher. Here’s the next one.

TRIVIAPIX8.jpg

No guess on your last trivia question but please keep this thread going. It’s the 1st thing i check when i come on the forum now.

Lol, will do, I have hundreds of pix so it’ll go for a long time.

Al Rudd…