Auburndale for sale?

I heard from someone that Auburndale is for sale. Do any of yall know about that?

hmmm

for the right price I’d say they are all for sale. lol
cw

[QUOTE=carolwicks;79725]for the right price I’d say they are all for sale. lol
cw[/QUOTE]

Exhibit 1: Ocala Speedway!

;-(

USA in Lakeland. Gosh I miss that place!
cw

The fans sod it for $45.00 per year. the price for a ticket was to high.

don62

Not trying to be a smart ass but…

No comprendo!

Its sort of a privite joke and a sick one RSB.
The track only could run 10 races a year and the idea was that the fans would pay to see the big races. the price was $5 more there than the other tracks. I rember the people on this site and other places saying not to go and pay that much.
well after the track couldnt make it lowering the price would not work so they sold it. I fig that it would have cost is $45 a year more to keep the track…Sold it for $45. if they went it would still be there.

the track was sold as raw land just to teach them a leson that they still havent learned. If they keep on soon there will be no tracks.
Suport your local track…buy a ticket and keep your mouth shut so other s wont hear you cry.
Sorry RSB ill get of my soap box!
don62

I have to admit, @ 10 bucks a seat, I really don’t see how a track can make it. But @ a lot more, the racing isn’t there. Especially for say a family of 4 or so. 4 people over what, 12 or so @ 15 a head or 20 is not unusual, your talking 45-60 bucks. People with a family can’t afford it. Tough business to be in.

Economics 101:
1000 fans at $15 a head = $15,000 plus concession sales.
3000 fans at $10 a head = $30,000 plus more concession sales.
I don’t believe these figures are out of line either. I’ve watched Ocala go from less than 1000 fans average weekly to over 3000 since Bubba bought the place. Figures are my guesstimate and not official at all. Of course it wasn’t the admission price that caused this change in attendance. I’ve seen tracks in the north and even Citrus nearly triple attendance by having special $5 fan appreciation nights. They sell a bunch of beer and food at these events.
It’s a mentality like yours that killed Lakeland and other tracks. There are plenty of successful tracks around the country that charge less and fill the stands. Of course they also put on good shows.
I’m one of those that never went to Lakeland. I wanted to attend the last show there but it was simply out of range of my budget at the time. I refused to pay the high price. Obviously, I wasn’t alone. If the price had been reasonable to begin with, they might have attracted more fans. I’m sure they would have and they might have been able to save the place. How many fans would have had to pay $45 extra to save the place. How many more fans would the race have attracted if they had charged $10 or $15 less and how much more concessions would have been sold?

Winger, I agree completely. Everyone know what business I’m in and my name. Anyone that doesn’t I’m happy o share it. About 4 yrs ago I went from $160 yrly for a simple service to $180. A guy working for me said we’ll lose a bunch of customers. I explained 9 customers @ 180=$1620. Where as 10@ 160= $1600. Less work, no money, but when you start losing lots more than 10% of the customers, you better start looking for ways to make the product more desirable, interesting. It’s called " show the value". I don’t know how to do that in racing, but I hope someone figures it out soon. I miss it.

I could be off base here but,

In my opinion, with money being as tight as it is for fans, track owners, teams and everyone else out there, people now a days are going to spend their money on something that they can get the most value for.

Back in the old days when I was in New York, We used to have Freeport Speedway and Islip Speedway (both are long ago closed down and made into department stores or housing) but the stands we packed on any given race night. They used to run the regular feature races but they would also have a stunt driver/thrill show for the crowds after the heat races, they also had a demo derby on the same night. (lets face it fans like a good wreck), I like a good wreck too, just not with a limited or super late model!

As far as admission prices, heck with tap beer advertise a buy one get the second one free, kids under 12 get a free hot dog or something, maybe a free t-shirt night, maybe the track owners could contact some of the nascar drivers that live or are based in Florida to come out for a guest appearance on a race night or any “celebrity” for that matter.

As far as getting drivers back in the pits, offer free pit stall prices (if ya charge for it), or give away 10 gallons of fuel to entice teams back that have not been to the track in a while or free pit entry to the team and crew as a “welcome back gift” Everyone likes something for free!

I think that every track tries to treat everyone fairly and put on a good show, however, something is simply not working, the car counts are dropping and the stands are not full, by changing a few simple small items the tracks may see a little loss on a few cups of beer or a couple of hot dogs or hamburgers but in the long run wouldn’t it attract more people when word spreads that the persons local track is “giving stuff away for free”?

This is only my opinion, I could be wrong but as someone mentioned about Ocala - Bubba is doing some right to get the fans back in the stands?

Thanks for reading!

Shawn.

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;79751]Its sort of a privite joke and a sick one RSB.
The track only could run 10 races a year and the idea was that the fans would pay to see the big races. the price was $5 more there than the other tracks. I rember the people on this site and other places saying not to go and pay that much.
well after the track couldnt make it lowering the price would not work so they sold it. I fig that it would have cost is $45 a year more to keep the track…Sold it for $45. if they went it would still be there.

the track was sold as raw land just to teach them a leson that they still havent learned. If they keep on soon there will be no tracks.
Suport your local track…buy a ticket and keep your mouth shut so other s wont hear you cry.
Sorry RSB ill get of my soap box!
don62[/QUOTE]

That’s amazing. I guess I should try to support my “local” track (LCS)but there are just much better car counts and better racing at NFS and BRP. I was thinking of going to watch the late model show this weekend but after looking at the schedule, I see the sportsman class isn’t running(my favorite)! I’ll be at BRP.

Tunaman, it’s been talked about on here for the past 10 years on how to turn it around. Things like less classes, just 4 and stop having these classes that just race 2 to 5 cars or trucks. And prices around $10.00. There are of course other things to get and keep drivers and pit crews. And alot of times it’s the bad personallity of the person running the show (not that it’s an easy job), but they make it even harder. A book could be writen by the owner of a well run track. But the bad run track owners wouldn’t look at it because it’s their way or the highway. In most cases it a subdivion that replaces their hard headed attitude.

Bubba has a ton of publicity from the radio. I know lakeland did some but the ticket price killed them. Do buy 1 ticket get one free you dont get the money from the ticket but people are more likely to buy more at the consesion stands and more people will come when you can get the whole family in at half the price. The kids have a blast with the driver interductions and change it up let the street stocks and bombers have a chance to get some fans. Bring in some figure 8 cars and run them at the end of the night so people will want to stay for the end. Between the heat and the feture have a kids bike race or get a ride along car and let kids go around the track a couple of times. Get the fans involved throw shirts out with a free ticket or something. As far as the drivers sweetin the pot some 1st gets 10 gallons of gas second and third get 5 or something like that $30 gift cards for a resturant or racecar enginering just something to get them to drive the extra 20 miles to come to the track. There is an endless amount of things you can do. Sorry about it bein so long and the spellin.

Tom Stimus Did It ???
But Had A Habit Of Puting The Money In The Wrong Pocket I Think

Packed Stands A Lot Of Cheap Giveaways Good Food And Plrnty Of Good Racing With About 6-8 Class Of Cars

Its A Long Haul To Bring That Back ,most Owners Will Not Try It Or Have The Funds To Do So.

The Promos Have To Happen At Every Race Not For Two Or Three And Say It Doesnt Work.

AND YES THE CREAM WILL ALWAYS GO TO THE TOP .(SAME 5-6) CARS IN FRONT NIGHT AFTER NIGHT

[QUOTE=exnyer;79825]In my opinion, with money being as tight as it is for fans, track owners, teams and everyone else out there, people now a days are going to spend their money on something that they can get the most value for.

Back in the old days when I was in New York, We used to have Freeport Speedway and Islip Speedway (both are long ago closed down and made into department stores or housing) but the stands we packed on any given race night. They used to run the regular feature races but they would also have a stunt driver/thrill show for the crowds after the heat races, they also had a demo derby on the same night. (lets face it fans like a good wreck), I like a good wreck too, just not with a limited or super late model!

As far as admission prices, heck with tap beer advertise a buy one get the second one free, kids under 12 get a free hot dog or something, maybe a free t-shirt night, maybe the track owners could contact some of the nascar drivers that live or are based in Florida to come out for a guest appearance on a race night or any “celebrity” for that matter.

As far as getting drivers back in the pits, offer free pit stall prices (if ya charge for it), or give away 10 gallons of fuel to entice teams back that have not been to the track in a while or free pit entry to the team and crew as a “welcome back gift” Everyone likes something for free!

I think that every track tries to treat everyone fairly and put on a good show, however, something is simply not working, the car counts are dropping and the stands are not full, by changing a few simple small items the tracks may see a little loss on a few cups of beer or a couple of hot dogs or hamburgers but in the long run wouldn’t it attract more people when word spreads that the persons local track is “giving stuff away for free”?

This is only my opinion, I could be wrong but as someone mentioned about Ocala - Bubba is doing some right to get the fans back in the stands?

Thanks for reading!

Shawn.[/QUOTE]
I had to look at the name to make sure this wasnt one of my posts from a while ago!! I believe Shawn is exactly right. They used to have a stunt driver @ NSS, I forgot about that. Maybe the expense and ins isn’t worth it? I also liked the burn out contest, if they/re worried about the track surface, ( I dont blame them) why not on pit road?? I have a truck that will either burn the tire off to the wheel OR burn a hole thru the pavement, which ever happens first. But do it on pit road, that sufrace can stand a little abuse. Lots more interesting than bean eating contest, which thankfully haven’t seen in a while.

Another Idea

I’ve always wanted a 2 lap race against that Big Bad Dodge Rumble Bee!!! One yr free pest control against 1 yr entry into the stands.

You gotta have cars to have fans. Osw and Nss stepped it up with the payouts and it still didn’t help. I don’t get it, one would think that with everyone complaining about payouts more cars would show up. Its all talk.

osw and nss

payouts are weak…very weak

dirt give there street stock 500 to win every week super stock here get a low 200 something yeah they brought up there pay out alittle but only running every other week it was $8 grandstand every night of race and 12 and under free and spead the word that its going to be every week more fans will come ive seen two or three tracks do it it might take a month but it will happen. and far as car count well if your not wining tech guys should mess with you worry about cars that run away with it