long shot but does anyone know where...

As far as St. Augustine goes the facility itself is still very much there,they just tore up the pavement on the track.Heres pics. of Sand Mountain from a few years ago…

Sorry it’s Usina and it’s called VJ Usina Contracting and his phone number is(904)829-6727.His office is located on US 1 a couple of miles before the track .

St Augustine Speedway began life in 1993 as a dirt oval but they kept having problems with sand intrusion through the clay and following the 1996 season they paved it. They also had a building in the infield that obstructed the view of the backstretch from the grandstands and it was finally torn down. I saw a great World of Outlaws sprint show there one February and later an ASA race on the pavement. TBARA sprints ran there a few times and two drivers suffered head injuries following accidents. One was Larry Tyler and the other was a young man who I believe was George Rudolph’s grandson. As I recall the track had an odd “quiet hour” requirement from like 4-5 or 4-6 in the afternoon when no noise could be made due to an agreement with a neighbor. One nice thing was that Usina paved Big Oak Road from US 1 all the way to the track entrance. The track closed in 2001.

Marty… was that kid possibly Shawn Farr?

I was at St. Augustine for the Grand Opening weekend, with a Hav-A-Tampa Late Model show. Parked in the drive-in section outside turns 3-4. Talk about DUST… red clay dust infiltrated every nook & cranny inside my van, and never came even remotely clean again. Saw a few good shows there while it was Dirt, but never once saw an Asphalt show there.

Would love to see that place come back to life…