Florida Governor's Cup 200 Laps Now On Sale

New Smyrna Speedway is selling Laps for the 46th Annual Florida Governor’s Cup 200. Laps are $100.00 each and the money will be distributed through the entire field, NOT just to the Lap Leader.

If ALL 200 Laps are sold, that will increase the total purse by $20,000.00.

ALL LAPS MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY NOVEMBER 6th. WE WILL ISSUE THE FINAL PAYOUT, INCLUDING LAP MONEY COLLECTED, ON NOVEMBER 7th.

Payment options are Cash, Check, Money Order, Visa or MasterCard (Credit card payments are to be made via phone or in person at New Smyrna Speedway with Kim Brown only).

LAP SPONSORS WILL RECEIVE: PA Announcement(s)*, Listing in the Souvenir Program, Listing on the Website beginning immediately, Listing on Signage displayed in the Midway Area beginning 10/7/11.

• PA Announcements will be done throughout the event during Caution Flags, Intermission, etc. We will NOT be announcing the lap sponsors while the cars are under green. This will ensure that your name is mentioned and heard by all in attendance.

Thanks for your support!!!

Glad to see the money spread throughout the field. Last year, I believe it was $600 to take the green, and I know of at least a few cars that came because of that. I would think that would pay for a pair or tires, and race-day fuel. Possibly close to a full set of tires. That alone could make or break a teams budget on coming or not.

A few years ago, when Mike Fritts dominated, and won most of the lap-leader money, it was a BIG payday. It made news around the Late Model world… but only 1 team went home happy. This way, spreading it around will surely attract some good cars that otherwise may have stayed home.

I have high hopes for the Gov Cup this year, I hope it pans out.

Had to skip the Derby this year, so this is my big race of the year.

Last year was pretty cool, seeing some good running out-of-staters there. Ryan Lawler, Becca Kasten, Jimmy Weller & Aaron Pierce greatly added to the show, along with a handful of others that don’t run there any other time of the year.

Getting Bubba Pollard, Augie Grill, Chase Elliott or Ross Kenseth would be a great draw. Several others I’d love to see show up, would be Ryan Blaney, Andy Loden, TJ Reiad, Preston Peltier, Jay Fogelman, Donnie Wilson, Johanna Long… the wishes are endless.

Wonder if theres ever been a thought of running this show as a PASS South event? Is it possible with the rule books? When the PASS Series ran there in Jan. of 2010, it was a VERY competitive field, lots of parity between locals and tour followers. One of the better races I’ve seen in quite some time.

I’d love to see this race grow into much more National stature. It won’t be “The Derby” overnight, but with some more regional, if not national stars, it could grow back into what it once was… a big race that everybody from the eastern half of the US wanted to win.

P.S. - Kim… whats the dates for Cup weekend???

Tunamania!!

Gonna be a big Tunamania cookout this yr!!!

Jerry… the 46th Annual Florida Governor’s Cup 200 presented by Bright House Networks weekend will ‘tentatively’ be as follows…

> Thursday - November 17th - Parking / Practice

> Friday - November 18th - Limited Late Model 50, Super Late Model Tech & Practice, plus Modifieds, Pro-Trucks, Mini-Stocks and Strictly Stocks

> Saturday - November 19th - Governor’s Cup - Super Late Models 200 presented by Bright House Networks, plus Sportsman, E-Modifieds and Super Stocks

As a side note to EVERYONE… This will be the FINAL POINTS RACES of 2011 for ALL DIVISIONS and the Governor’s Cup will be the 2011 Bright House Challenge Series Championship Race as well.

Hope this helps… For more information, visit the Florida Governor’s Cup Website (I am now and will be constantly updating it as the event draws closer) at www.NewSmyrnaSpeedway.org/governorscup

Will you guys be partnering with Speed51 for trackside now, etc? It sure seems to be good promotion if nothing else.

YES… I received word yesterday and the official Press Release will be out later today, but New Smyrna Speedway and Speed51.com will once again partner up for the 46th Annual running of the Florida Governor’s Cup 200 presented by Bright House Networks.

Just bumping this post up as well… Again, if this could possibly be ‘sticky’ it would be greatly appreciated… especially since this Lap Money will greatly benefit all the drivers that are planning to attend the Governor’s Cup.

I will suggest it, during the Monday morning meeting.