Bristol This Saturday

If some of ya’ll havent heard there running the extreme Must see Wing Sprint Cars this Saturday Night in Bristol Tenn. along with IMCA modifieds. Ive never been to Bristol but its gana be hard not to see this show. Ive got some friends racing, Decaire and Butler are gana be wheelin sprints and my good friend the “Rocket Man” will be wheelin a Mod. it ought to be a hell of a race, ill try to get some pics and when i roll back in sunday get em posted.

T. Carreno

I had heard that Alan Bruns #4B (former Track Champion from NSS and OSW in the same Year) might be running a Mod also… Not for sure though.

Any idea if there will be any tape-delayed TV coverage of the event?

Bristol

Not for sure voice, But I will find out when I get there and get back with ya

we did not hear of the others that were racing, PGS sent this out.
PGS wishes everyone a good run and be safe.

The Punta Gorda Staff and management would like to wish some of our local guys well on there big day this weekend. Punta Gorda Speedways Points leader Doug Moff and always fast L.B. Skaggs are making the trip to Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennesee this weekend to compete in the Trufuel Xtreme Speed Classic event. From what we heard they are expecting over 100 cars there to compete. So lets wish them good luck and a safe race.

Also Punta Gorda Speedways Pro truck and late model driver Ross Chastain will be competing in his third start of the year in the Camping world Truck series at Kentucky, good luck Ross!

Wow the Punta Gorda Speedway guys are really shining, Lets hope they all do well.

Thanks to the fans, drivers, pit crews, the great staff and the ownership of PGS that make it all possible!!!

Tony if they are selling any video or dvd of this event would you pick me up the info I would like to order one later seems like a race to watch :slight_smile: have fun Tony and good luck to everyone

You got it robert i will let you know

Same for me tony

Hell just buy me one…lol…Good luck to all my Mod bro’s…Seems like a chance of a lifetime

[QUOTE=linda;87162]we did not hear of the others that were racing, PGS sent this out.
PGS wishes everyone a good run and be safe.

The Punta Gorda Staff and management would like to wish some of our local guys well on there big day this weekend. Punta Gorda Speedways Points leader Doug Moff and always fast L.B. Skaggs are making the trip to Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennesee this weekend to compete in the Trufuel Xtreme Speed Classic event. From what we heard they are expecting over 100 cars there to compete. So lets wish them good luck and a safe race.

Also Punta Gorda Speedways Pro truck and late model driver Ross Chastain will be competing in his third start of the year in the Camping world Truck series at Kentucky, good luck Ross!

Wow the Punta Gorda Speedway guys are really shining, Lets hope they all do well.

Thanks to the fans, drivers, pit crews, the great staff and the ownership of PGS that make it all possible!!![/QUOTE]
Please post an update on how Doug Moff does. He like Earl Pearson and Johnny Collins and many other good drivers was a participant in the Florida Dirt Series for go karts in 86 and 87.

Bristol

The bus leaves at 7 and I have a ticket, OWM 53 doug relax yu no’s I WILL HOOK YA UP,

I just read on facebook that Chris Zimmerman is on his way with his mod mini

[QUOTE=owm61;87153]If some of ya’ll havent heard there running the extreme Must see Wing Sprint Cars this Saturday Night in Bristol Tenn. along with IMCA modifieds. Ive never been to Bristol but its gana be hard not to see this show. Ive got some friends racing, Decaire and Butler are gana be wheelin sprints and my good friend the “Rocket Man” will be wheelin a Mod. it ought to be a hell of a race, ill try to get some pics and when i roll back in sunday get em posted.

T. Carreno[/QUOTE]

According to the Bristol website this may be on Versus in late October, one can only hope this is accurate

I believe that Dave Steele will be there in a sprint, also.

Modfieds This Weekend And Pay Out

JF McClellan

Starke

FL

Jeff Woods

Vinton

VA

Chris Brown

Mt. Washington

KY

Bill Wallace

Ona

WV

Archie Adams

McColl

SC

Josh Artis

Huntington

WV

Ross Klinghelhofer

Quincy

OH

Chad Poole

Springfield

OH

Vance Hall

Richfield

NC

Trevor Edwards

Shepherdsville

KY

Dave Christensen

Clio

MI

Doug Moff

Ft. Myers

FL

Eldon Zacek

Concord

NC

LB Skaggs

Ft. Myers

FL

Treveor McKinley

Lawtey

FL

Samantha Jansen

Guelph

ON

Brandon Johnson

Longwood

FL

Michael Carroll

1-L

Kettering

OH

Thomas Mays

93x

Salt Rock

WV

Bobby Sheffield

99x

Mooresville

NC

Jeremy Gerstner

Wesley Chapel

FL

Alan Bruns

4 B

Clermont

FL

Ken Hickman

Piedmont

AL

Mike Birk

Pinellas Park

FL

Wayne Jefferson

Charles Park

FL

Mario Diano

Canton

OH

Doug Meyer

Canton

OH

Purse:

Schedule:

Friday, Sept. 30, 2011

7 a.m.

Pit Pass Gates open ($50 for two-day combo)

7:15 a.m.

Garage Gates open to park teams

9:00 a.m.

Lonesome Pine Mod-4 session

9:30 a.m

Street Stock session

10:00 a.m.

Must See Xtreme Series sprint car session

11:00 a.m.

Rolling Thunder Modified session

11:30 a.m.

Noon - 1:00 p.m.

Lunch

1:00 p.m.

Street Stock session

1:30 p.m.

2:30 p.m.

3:00 p.m.

3:20 p.m.

Street Stock Session

2:45 p.m.

Street Stock session

3:40 p.m.

4:00 p.m.

5:00 p.m.

Track Cold

6:00 p.m.

Secure Track

Saturday, Oct. 1, 2011

7:00 a.m.

Pit Pass Sales Open ($30)

7:30 a.m.

Garage Opens To Park Final Race Teams

8:30 a.m.

Street Stock practice

9:00 a.m.

Rolling Thunder Modified practice

9:30 a.m.

Lonesome Pine Mod 4 practice

10:00 a.m.

Must See Xtreme Series sprint car Hot Laps #1

10:30 a.m.

Street Stock Practice

11:00 a.m.

Rolling Thunder Modified practice

11:15 a.m.

Super Late Model practice

11:30 a.m.

Must See Xtreme Series sprint car Hot Laps #2

Noon

Qualifying (in order) Mod 4, Rolling Thunder Mods, Street Stocks

1:30 p.m.

Spectator Gates Open ($15 advance / $20 day of)

2:00 p.m.

Must See Xtreme Series sprint car qualifying

3:00 p.m.

Pre-Race, Invocation, National Anthem

3:15 p.m.

Must See Xtreme Series sprint car 8-lap heat races

30 green-flag-lap Lonesome Pine Mod 4 Feature (32 cars)

30 green-flag-lap Street Stock Feature (32 cars)

2 (two) 20-lap Must See Xtreme sprint car feature qualifiers

40 green-flag-lap Rolling Thunder Modified Feature - if less than 20 modifieds, this will be a 30-lap feature

TruFuel Must See Extreme Series sprint car 25-lap feature

Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 September 2011 05:48

Sponsors

The Rolling Thunder Modifieds, Powered by Joomla!valid xhtmlvalid css

Bristol

Well our trip started out with Shane Miller, Mickey Kempgens, Teddy Kempgens,
Dustin Perez, Mike Alvez and myself. If that aint a crew I dont know what is. Non stop 12 hours arrived early Friday am. Went straight to the track. As I walked into the infield and looked up I was in AHHHHHH. Now I know why it is called the worlds fastest half mile. For those of you that have never been there I highly recommend putting it on your bucket list. Florida drivers were well represented. In the mod minis James Ellis from Brooksville in an eagles nest car had a very strong 2nd place run in the feature, also Chris Zimmerman was in the show and had a good run.In the street stocks Jeremy Gerstner from Wesley Chapel had a very strong 3rd place finish. Jeremy also did double duty competing in the OWM class. This guy just cant get enough. He truley loves to race. In the sprint car class all I can say is wow. Track record was broke 8 times in quallifing. The new track record is 12.742 150 mile an hour average. That was set by Brain Gerster now thats toting the mail. Troy Decaire came into this race leading the points chase by three, he lost an engine in the last practice session Sat morning. They had to go to a back up motor he missed qualifing and he had to start last in the fourth heat race. He told me he would be all right by lap 4 he was leading the heat. This young man is fearless. Troy started the feature 24th and came all the way to second claiming the 2011 must see extreme spint car championship. Great job Troy. Then came the mods witch had the most florida drivers entered. Jefferson, Moff, Gerstner, Scaggs,McCellan, McKinley, Bruns now you know why they call Jefferson the rocket man he set fast time with a 16.192 118 mph. In the Kevin Terry owned 4Cs chasis machine prepared by Jason at Eagles Nest Racing. Wayne led all 40 laps Good job. Doug Moff came from the 15th starting position to 4th another lap and he would of had 3rd. Earning the hard charger award. LB Scaggs made contact with the wall in qualifing and those guys thrashed to fix the car to make the feature. Jf McCellan broke a motor and had to change engines to start 18th. The top 5 finishers all went threw teck but all the msd boxes were confiscated to be checked and returned at a later date. I have pics i will try to post later. As far as the tv coverage it will be versus tape delayed Dec1st. check there web site for details, and it will only be for the sprint cars. Bob Culbertson you could have made a small fortune no one was there doing that for the other classes

Good post and well written. Thanks, billy

Bristol

Thanks billy I also forgot shane butler THE BUSHNELL BULLET MADE a last lap pass in the b main to take the last starting spot in the a main good job man