Whats up with the lameness around here?

Here we are, already into Speedweeks, the BEST time of year to be a fan in Florida, and yet the first 22 posts on here have nothing to do with it.

We have posts about tracks that aren’t open, classes that don’t yet exist, series that don’t start for over a month, etc…

Not ONE word about events that have already happened at Ocala & East Bay, zero about Volusia and EB, each of which just started about a 12 run of races… NOTHING from anyone. There is more talk all over the country than from right in our back yard.

Pretty sad when I can find more info and results from Facebook than I can from a Florida based, admittedly best racing site that prides itself on being number one… And yet, NOTHING ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS.

Does nobody give a shit anymore?

Frass, you are right. I love this time of year too.

Tonight I am going to Volusia to see the All Star sprints and UMP modifieds.

I went to New Smyrna last Saturday and was impressed by a few things. First, the green flag flew on the 100 lapper at exactly the advertised start time of 7:30. They also ran the main event first on a chilly night; good move there. I was also happy to see Doc McKinney win a feature race. I’m sure he has won his share over the years, but this was the first I’d ever seen and I’ve watched this guy on and off for 30 years.

There was good racing at Bubba’s a week or so ago with the UMP modifieds and the Thunderstocks. Looking forward to a bunch more!

I just looked it over, and on the entire first page of threads, there’s a whopping total of 4 posts concerning current RACE news… and one of those is from a race run over a month ago.

Does ANYONE know that several NASCAR stars are at Volusia right now? How about Don O’Neal winning 2 in a row at EB against some top-notch competition? How about an outstanding field of 74 Mods at VSP?

If people knew some of this stuff, it might get them off the couch and out to a racetrack.

I agree F118. I have to look at many sites just to get the results. This is still a good site, but it’s not exciting any more. Usually when Boneman goes to a race we get an outstanding review. The tracks don’t even put stuff on their web site in a timely manner. billy

i send stuff out all week to scott? try to keep everyone updated on PGS, even if you do not race there, it is still info. i enjoy reading whats going on everywhere else and how the drivers i know are doing.

http://puntagordaspeedway.com/?p=4572

http://puntagordaspeedway.com/?p=4306

http://www.nascar.com/news/120203/rchastain-bberry-crew-chief-ssgreen/index.html

so proud of these young racers i have meet and wish them the best.

Linda… just to be clear, it’s not really the “media” people that I blame here. That’s a whole other issue that has it’s problems as well.

It’s the “un-official” news I’m interested in… the racefans opinions, views, comments, observations, etc… A box score of the finishing order doesn’t give me a thrill. A good report from passionate fans is what I look for. If I hear from the press release that PGS had a great night of racing, that don’t mean squat to me. Now, if that news comes from a neutral party, I give that news a LOT more credibility.

Basically, I want to hear the news, gossip, opinions, observations of the people that have nothing to gain from their writings. FROM racefans, TO racefans, ABOUT the races themselves… some adreneline… some excitement… some passion.

Wasn’t picking on the press agents at the tracks themselves… that’s a future rant I’m sure I’ll go on…!!!

Well… I’m gonna head over from the Archives to Volusia after work for a one night fix! (all I can afford)… plus I have to bring Geritol for Steve Kinser… Actually, the All-Star shows are really better than the WoO because all the Outlaw guys run them to tune up for their shows while many of the All-Star guys head out after they are done… Looks like maybe 30 or more cars tonight plus the 70+ Mods… Can’t believe I might be able to watch a race at VSP in February and not have to wear a coat!

Cant wait to hit the road tonight for a 2-night VSP lovefest!

My goals are simple:

• walk the pits and not get run over by a silent sprint car
  • learn at least one thing i didnt know about sprint cars
  • eat pork chop sammich
  • not have to visit toilet after eating pork chop sammich

Wish me luck.

If you haven’t done it before at VSP - during the heats or warm ups, try the view from atop the stands coming out of two. Pretty cool view of the backstretch and the lines people take. Pretty harrowing stuff - especially in the sprints. The mods have a ton of guys learning the track and are all over the place. You can also check out the timing/scoring monitor in the trailer right next to it (unless they moved it).

And Those Awesome Curly Fries!!!

Hey Boney… What time are you leaving Titusville? Bug out a bit early and stop by the Archives for a visit first… Just about a half-hour from here to VSP…

Thank you Jerry…

I think KARNAC is really important to racing. Its going thru some tough times and alot of changes behind the scenes. Money, advertising etc. It costs alot to run this site and corners had to be cut.
It may never be the same but Scott and others are working on it.
So please racing fans and drivers… spread any kind of racing news you are aware of. Even tho you think everyone knows… some dont!
again thank you Jerry for waking us up.
carol

[QUOTE=Frasson118;97374]Here we are, already into Speedweeks, the BEST time of year to be a fan in Florida, and yet the first 22 posts on here have nothing to do with it.

We have posts about tracks that aren’t open, classes that don’t yet exist, series that don’t start for over a month, etc…

Not ONE word about events that have already happened at Ocala & East Bay, zero about Volusia and EB, each of which just started about a 12 run of races… NOTHING from anyone. There is more talk all over the country than from right in our back yard.

Pretty sad when I can find more info and results from Facebook than I can from a Florida based, admittedly best racing site that prides itself on being number one… And yet, NOTHING ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS.

Does nobody give a shit anymore?[/QUOTE]

Your right no one left… the ones left here are the few that knew it all and now no one wants to read how smart you are…At one time we just had fun on here . thalke about racing and the people that liked the sport…then the todds of the world made pic with weenies and rex did movies about people so most left for one reason or another…Now you can beat me up on here some more and a few more will leave…Soon you will get 2 screne names and talk to your self…or are you dooing that now…
Still a rece fan and and still cant spell
Good luck and hope there is still one track left before youall get it…

Don62
old fart.

Sooooooo… you’re saying that the FANS in Florida ruined the racing??? Interesting point of view you seem to have.

Couldn’t have anything to do with poor management at many, many tracks could it?

Hey jerry and co.

I have to agree with the original post. I cannot afford to go see any of the events going on this time of year. Trust me, as much as my love for this sport and lust for being there, i do look forward to looking on here and seeing you all and your opinions of whatever race you attended. I have tried numerous times over the years to plan vacation time from work and save a few bucks, but life has a funny way of railroading what you want and what you need. I can review numerous sites for results,etc but i prefer to go here first and see what you all experienced. I have met some and hope to meet more of you. I even try to participate along side of you to support our chosen sport and keep the memories of those heroes from each of our past. I am personally looking forward to the memories"reunion" show. This will be the only fun thing that i selfish do for myself all year.
We definitely need morepersonal perspective on the happenings at these tracks during this great time of year. One thing that it does depend on is whether or not someone on this board is actually attending. Lets make Jack proud of his itch to all of us. I only met the man twice but he left a lasting impact. If i could attend…i would. I would appreciate some posts about each nights racing during the next two weeks.

Great post Dennis… glad to see you get what I’m saying.

Jerry…

I do disagree with you on one thing. Because of Linda and all the hard media work she does, PGS is really doing well. every week she puts stories in the newspapers, posts on all boards and works her a$$ off at the track. alot of it is pro bono. people in our area were stunned to know there was a race track in PG. Linda let them know. you and i might know whats going on at the tracks but alot more people dont. Linda makes sure she covers all bases and obviously she promotes her own track the most because thats where her knowledge is. if every track had a person like her it would REALLY be awesome for that track and the information highway would be jammin…
Thank you Linda for all you do. I realize you are a part of a team but you give 1000%.
Carol Wicks

Do a re-read Carol… I made a point that this isn’t about tracks giving info, it’s all about the fans not chiming in with what their experiences were at a race last night, or some adrenaline about where they are going soon.

Believe me, I wouldn’t take on a job like that for nothing. That takes posting FACTS… I’m looking for opinions. You know me. I’m ALL about opinions…

Jerry

[QUOTE=Frasson118;97479]Do a re-read Carol… I made a point that this isn’t about tracks giving info, it’s all about the fans not chiming in with what their experiences were at a race last night, or some adrenaline about where they are going soon.

Believe me, I wouldn’t take on a job like that for nothing. That takes posting FACTS… I’m looking for opinions. You know me. I’m ALL about opinions…

[/QUOTE]

Jerry… i agree with you 100% but i also think its really important for all the tracks to have a rep write news of their track happenings on here. alot of people CANT make it to tracks due to $$$$ or health or other reasons and its fun to read what happens on here. but you are right. what the fans think about racing is really important. they are the ones who fill the seats and help pay the bills.
the problem on this board regarding your post is that “opinions” seem to bring out the not so nice side of people. if we were all mature enough to respect different opinions it would be GREAT. however the constant attacking makes people clam up and quit giving their opinions. just my silly opinion…
P.S.
i hope you are doing well. havent talked for awhile. will call soon. HUG :auto003:

I have reread Don Nerone’s post several times. Don’t see or find where he is talking about a racing track. He is talking about THIS MESSAGE BOARD. Count how many people come on here now and how many used too. If this was a race track and had alot of fights and other things that you didn’t like happening in your pits and decided to clean it up, you would find that the so called troublemakers would leave, however, there is no one to take their place liked you hope there would be. You all wanted to clean this board up and did a great job.