glad she was home this week lol

Are you drunk or mentally disabled ? I feel sorry for you either way.

What?

rad that was uncalled for… a sick remark!

I certainly didn’t tune in to see Danica-mania. I tuned in to the 500 to see the best stock-car drivers in the country (well, even that’s questionable sometimes, I guess :\ ). I watch the 500 to see a race - which, by most accounts, certainly had been lacking lately.

About Mrs. Patrick (yep, she’s married, fellas…LOL), to me, she’s all “media hype”. I agree about the Saturday race. Johanna “set a record” of sorts, by becoming the “youngest female to start a Nationwide race”. She stayed out of trouble, ran a smart race, AND she finished. I think that mentality comes from running those 300-lappers at Pensacola :slight_smile: To be around at the end, you gotta stay outta trouble. Not one word about Jo - or, if there was anything at all, it was very little.
Danica? Again, to me, she ain’t proven anything to me yet. She was “mediocre” at best in open-wheel cars (maybe a top-ten car, which is mid-field in those things - equates to barely a top-20 car in Cup). Sure, she’s good-lookin’ (maybe), but, she “moneyed” her way into a “big-time” ride.
On the other hand - look at our local hero, David Reutimann. Took a very mediocre team (Mikey’s), has been the only driver to get not one, but TWO Cup wins out of them junk Toyotas, then got shafted the way he did? Someone shoulda seen the potential of Reutimann if he had been in even better equipment. Sure, Tony (Stewart-Haas) picked him up, but only for part of the season. That crap ride he was in at Daytona just wasn’t up to David’s potential. He ran decent at Phoenix, though; just wish he’d be with that team all season

If you researched the drivers from the three main races at Daytona this year (TRUCKS,NATIONWIDE,SPRINT CUP) I’d wager that each and every one of them has won a race in a stock car ,somewhere,sometime.
I’d never heard of half of the Truck field. “Paludo”? “John King” (I think it was)? Who the he** are these guys? Where’d they come from (what “stock car series/association”)?

I am an unapologetic Danica fan. She is a dedicated racer who has devoted most of her life to our sport. He is fearless on the track, and also stands her ground in the media spotlight that follows her everywhere.

Danica put herself in position to win the Indy 500 on her first attempt there. You don’t luck into that; it takes brains and skill.

Cup and Nationwide cars are much slower than the Indy cars she has been driving for years. Clearly, the big cars take a great deal of technique and skill to get every bit of performance out of them, and to be able to compete at the front with the established stars. I don’t expect her to climb in and take off immediatly. But I’ll wager anyone on this board that this year she becomes a steady front-runner in the Nationwide series, and shows results beyond any other part time Cup driver.

I don’t care if she is a model. There are plenty of male racers who do that kind of work too.

The Nationwide series has been on life-support for years, so I expect her participation in it will single-handedly boost the interest and front gate at their events.

I hated it when she left the Indy cars; that series needs her too. Now that she is driving stock cars, she will do nothing but attract interest, and plenty of new fans too to racing.

Gooooo Danica!!

[QUOTE=Jimmy McKinley;99056]
On the other hand - look at our local hero, David Reutimann. Took a very mediocre team (Mikey’s), has been the only driver to get not one, but TWO Cup wins out of them junk Toyotas, then got shafted the way he did? Someone shoulda seen the potential of Reutimann if he had been in even better equipment. Sure, Tony (Stewart-Haas) picked him up, but only for part of the season. That crap ride he was in at Daytona just wasn’t up to David’s potential. He ran decent at Phoenix, though; just wish he’d be with that team all season

I’d never heard of half of the Truck field. “Paludo”? “John King” (I think it was)? Who the he** are these guys? Where’d they come from (what “stock car series/association”)?[/QUOTE]
Jimmy,
David was picked up by Tommy Baldwin Racing for the majority of the season. Tony Stewart picked up Danica and bought the points, for Danica to use, from the car David will be driving. Dave Blaney earned the points for the car last year. Both Davids got nothing from the deal. In the 500 David did not have a ride until 2 weeks before the race. He got a one race deal with a new team that bought the Red Bull cars. He was very slow in practice, ran slow during most of the pre race events and qualifying. But they did get steadily faster. They worked on the car constantly during the race and had the car running in the top 20 heading to a top 10, which may not sound very good but was quite an improvement from where they started. Circumstances caught them up in a late race wreck and their finish does not reflect how they ran. Even though they wrecked, it was very entertaining to listen to their radio conversations. They were very happy with David and the progress the team made in a few short weeks. I think this team may actually perorm better than many people think.
Last week David was in his Tommy Baldwin ride and was a mid pack car. They struggled with the setup but the car was getting better. However, he blew the motor and is credited with another bad finish. He will be in that ride for the majority of the season. When Danica is racing, it will be in that car number but not the same team, car, or engine that David races. I hope David can find a ride for those races.

Hold The Presses

[QUOTE=Boneman;99057]I am an unapologetic Danica fan. She is a dedicated racer who has devoted most of her life to our sport. He is fearless on the track, and also stands her ground in the media spotlight that follows her everywhere.

Danica put herself in position to win the Indy 500 on her first attempt there. You don’t luck into that; it takes brains and skill.

Cup and Nationwide cars are much slower than the Indy cars she has been driving for years. Clearly, the big cars take a great deal of technique and skill to get every bit of performance out of them, and to be able to compete at the front with the established stars. I don’t expect her to climb in and take off immediatly. But I’ll wager anyone on this board that this year she becomes a steady front-runner in the Nationwide series, and shows results beyond any other part time Cup driver.

I don’t care if she is a model. There are plenty of male racers who do that kind of work too.

The Nationwide series has been on life-support for years, so I expect her participation in it will single-handedly boost the interest and front gate at their events.

I hated it when she left the Indy cars; that series needs her too. Now that she is driving stock cars, she will do nothing but attract interest, and plenty of new fans too to racing.

Gooooo Danica!![/QUOTE]

We have finally touched on a subject that Bomeman and I don’t see “Eye To Eye” on. What with me being an unapologetic Danica HATER and all.
I don’t care if she is a model either Rex. But I don’t want to see Kasey Khane cleaning my house in a french maid outfit.
To think of the Millions, and Millions of dollars spent trying to make her into a stock car racer just makes me wonder why they couldn’t just shorten the learning curve a little by starting with , say, a proven winner from some sort of short track in ANYWHERE USA . Coddle them along with the very best Hendrick Motorsports cars and engines . Countless laps of testing and mentoring from the very best drivers in the business. With all of that help I guarantee you that Boneman himself could muster up a midpack fininsh in the Daytona 500. And… I’ll bet Carol Wicks would even make more than 2 laps .
:ernaehrung004:

Boneman and I don’t see “Eye To Eye”

Don’t worry, you’ll come around.

Kasey Khane cleaning my house in a french maid outfit.

Actually Osmosis has pictures of that. I guess it is a firehouse thing or something. Anyway, he will send them to you, and I guarantee they are just as horrible as you can imagine.

why not give a chance to a proven winner from some sort of short track

Danica went to Europe, learned to road race, and turned herself into the hottest advertising star since that damn screaming pig on the Geico commercials. Its nice to reminisce about the old days when the hardest working and most skilled drivers got the boot upstairs, but those days are gone. Danica didn’t invent the game, but she has mastered how it is played.

Bvs40fl

i could if i could shift! roflllll i can but at nearly 200 MPH it would be impossible because i would be throwing up!. we all like to think of ourselves as super heroes but im not afraid to say im now an old lady who drives an Odyssey and thinks im a racer at 90 MPH on the highway… rofllllll
in comparison Danica is the bombs. but with the guys… well you know how i feel. go home hot stuff…
Carol Wicks :auto003:

wow ok not die wow we know she has the best of the best we c where she at the end of the year in points nation wide:grinser010:

nope have clean for about 25 years not even 1 drink but i do tex and drive and iam old so look out when iam in your town lol:aetsch013:

wow havent drank in 25 years and now iam a drunk dumb and mentally disable wow sweet i tell my doc how youall fell ty have a nic day :huepfen024:

Too late!!! You have already shown your true colors!!!

not at home

finished 12th + on lead lap . (how do you like Her now).

like who what u talking about :ernaehrung004:

I’m impressed that you could de-code that message. Very impressive, DD38! And, thank you!

np any time man :aetsch013:

she might still be a the track yell dale lol hahaha

she could get a ride from go daddy lol hahahh :frowning:

I figured it out !

He’s talking about the Nationwide Insurance commercial featuring Danica and Dale Jr.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;99346]I figured it out !

He’s talking about the Nationwide Insurance commercial featuring Danica and Dale Jr.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that’s a funny one too…:huepfen024:
-Ge Um-