Showtime lease

posted on facebook page:

“Let’s put this rumor to Rest,
!!! MY LEASE IS NOT FOR SALE PERIOD !!!
If you wanted to buy it you don’t have enough Money, Showtime Dragstrip/Speedway has become apart of me and My new Family (YOU THE RACERS) and I will open the raceway and run it. So you know who you are keep running your mouth because none of its True… Robert Yoho wrote this not my wife.”

Just wish they would get off the face book thing and on some media us commom people could have input into. Like I have said before, I went to face book a few times and shortly after that my computer took a crap. Never done that before or after it got fixed. Don’t know what’s going on.

Been on Facebook now for about 6 months, usually go on daily to see what’s going on…never had any issues with my computer, just sayin.

I’ve had a few issues I attribute to facebook. It’s become difficult to navigate now and the original way of keeping up with your “friends” has changed and now facebook decides what friends you will get updates from. It’s biggest problems is it uses quite a bit of system resources and cache. It will load the computer up with the crap it keeps in it’s memory. I have my browsers set to clear cache every time I shut down. If you don’t have yours set that way, you probably have a huge amount of temporary files on your computer. I also got a virus once from a “suggested” friend request sent to me by another facebook friend. At that time, that seemed to be a fairly large issue with facebook and they may have addressed that. I don’t do any games or run any of it’s applications. I’m told that some of these may propagate viruses and I just don’t like giving all my information out to all these things. I do use facebook now but not as much as I use to. I certainly wouldn’t rely on facebook as my only internet presence, if I ran a business.

I have 5 computers running facebook(1 server 2003, 1 xp3, 1 vista, 2 win 7 64bit - I have all these for testing my software offerings as well as personal use). Between them, there is probably 12-14 hours a day of facebook.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes protecting us and all 4 users are schooled for certain occurences how to use the aforementioned.

We do not have problems due to facebook and there are no caching problems. There have been problems with other areas of the internet though. I do block all activity to the ip addresses of any app that is found to cause problems (in our modem).

Well I have 1 computer and it’s all I can do to get here. I don’t have all that fancy yabba dabba shit. Just me and the computer. Not a computer wizard.

I understand Dave,

My most basic computer is a small Hard drive, very small memory and slow connection. It is the least fancy computer around, but it runs facebook just fine.

The malware bytes and Microsoft programs noted above are both free and just need to be downloaded. They set up and just work for you.

Ever need help, say something. Ok?

facebook

[QUOTE=davem;99507]I have 5 computers running facebook(1 server 2003, 1 xp3, 1 vista, 2 win 7 64bit - I have all these for testing my software offerings as well as personal use). Between them, there is probably 12-14 hours a day of facebook.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malware Bytes protecting us and all 4 users are schooled for certain occurences how to use the aforementioned.

We do not have problems due to facebook and there are no caching problems. There have been problems with other areas of the internet though. I do block all activity to the ip addresses of any app that is found to cause problems (in our modem).[/QUOTE]
Shoot, I meant to PM this to you and not post this publicly. Not sure why it was put on here.
I’ve got a couple older Dell Optiplex desktops running XP Pro with 8 gigs of RAM, that I have basically set to edit my photos, build albums, and that sort of thing. They’re my main computers. I have a laptop that’s older and slow but I keep for emergency backup, and some older desktops that should be discarded. I use Firefox 3.6.27 to do my browsing. There is a newer version of Firefox but it isn’t compatible with Roboform, which I use often. Anyway, the computer configurations I use will slow down fairly quick when I use Facebook. The browser will actually freeze up for several seconds when Facebook is running. I admit my computers are not the most modern computers with several processors but they are pretty decent for my needs. I will update sometime because we are all looking for more speed and some of the newer photo editing software requires Window 7 or newer operating systems. I clean my temp. files daily, as well as scan using Malwarebytes and Avira anti-virus. If I suspect something I will scan using Super Anti-Spyware. I clean my registry regularly and I defragment a couple times a week. One defrag is done to optimize the file system and is very time consuming. Editing my photos causes a lot of fragmented files so I need to do it frequently. It doesn’t take long to start filling my 1.5TB hard drives if I don’t archive my originals regularly. What I’m getting at is a lot of us don’t have the latest computers and software and facebook does affect our computers significantly. I do not use any of its applications and I do not play the games. I am very conscious of my internet safety and take precautions to prevent malware and viruses. I do use and test a lot of different software and many of them will install crap, if you aren’t careful. (toolbars, search engines, etc.) Like I previously said, I try to keep on top of things and I try to eliminate everything a software package may have installed, when I uninstall it. Many, probably the majority of computer users do not do this and their computers are vulnerable to many other issues. It’s great that you haven’t had problems but don’t discount those who do. There are many more users like dd68 who are in the same boat he is. They will not come on here and admit they have issues when someone, like you, insinuates they aren’t doing things correctly to protect themselves, even though that is probably the case. Your recommendations to use Malwarebytes is good. To be honest, I can’t use the Microsoft security suite for some reason. There is a conflict with something else on my system, when I tried using it. I can’t remember what it is but it is what it is. As for the caching issues, I’m not sure why Firefox finds it necessary to cache everything. At one time I had disabled part of Firefox so it wouldn’t do that. However, an update undid that. I often have over a gig of cache files saved when I shut down or manually clear the cache. Maybe the newer version addresses that but I don’t believe it has. As a matter of a fact,I believe it may be worse with the newer versions, according to some reports I’ve read. I’ve downloaded Google Chrome and that runs better and faster but it also saves a lot to a cache. I just haven’t got use to using it so I still use Firefox. BTW, the virus I got through facebook was disguised as a friend request or friend recommendation. At that time I would let the friend requests accumulate and just approve a bunch of them when I got around to it. That is how I got that virus but I was able to catch it quickly and eliminate it.
That’s my experience with facebook and the end of my rant.

Winger,

Rants can be a good thing! I have no issue with it.

Facebook size is almost imperceptible and even with their advanced indices and other abilities, it will sometimes take a few seconds to get it together. They are also working around the clock to keep spams and viruses out. That is not easy!

I use Internet Explorer exclusively and have not cleaned the cahce files on any computer for months.

Your 8 gig of memory? Look here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487508

I like your site! Good luck with it!
I made a bunch over the years:
one of them: www.alsiesings.com
I also make desktop programs:
www.lotrun.com
www.racerssetup.com

We wandered away from this thread though.
I would be happy to post and pertinent information I see/here on facebook if others wish it.
I am sure I will be at Showtime along the way as a mechanic, spotter, helper, advisor, setup, or??? for somebody.

[QUOTE=davem;99605]Winger,

Rants can be a good thing! I have no issue with it.

Facebook size is almost imperceptible and even with their advanced indices and other abilities, it will sometimes take a few seconds to get it together. They are also working around the clock to keep spams and viruses out. That is not easy!

I use Internet Explorer exclusively and have not cleaned the cahce files on any computer for months.

Your 8 gig of memory? Look here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487508

I like your site! Good luck with it!
I made a bunch over the years:
one of them: www.alsiesings.com
I also make desktop programs:
www.lotrun.com
www.racerssetup.com

We wandered away from this thread though.
I would be happy to post and pertinent information I see/here on facebook if others wish it.
I am sure I will be at Showtime along the way as a mechanic, spotter, helper, advisor, setup, or??? for somebody.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the topic got off subject. I meant my post to be PM’d to you and I guess my login had expired when I went to send it. I re-signed in and it was posted here. My bad, I only have 4 gigs RAM. Actually, 3 on one computer and 4 on another. Sorry bout the misinformation. Another one of my senior moments. I guess I was wishing I had a quad core system with a minimum of 8 gigs.

I have a quad core with 4 gigs, but the 4 cores don’t really do anything unless you have software that can be set to use it. The 3.5 gigaherts is good, but the included video card slows all of it up for web use.

Sorry, I have been building, programming computers since the 70’s and help with early web development.

I am 65 years old and understand senior moments.

I have been in and around racing since 1962(age 16), so some of my applications deal with that. Sometimes I still get too vocal about things like the rules and gray areas of the sport.

Anything I can ever do to help, just say it.

They just announced ground breaking this Thursday(if I read it right)

Ground Breaking ceremony need help, please bring you cars and motorcycles
Thursday at 10:30am
Showtime dragstrip and Speedway

I spoke

To Robert at quaker steak on monday night. He says he doesnt post on here because he cant log in ? thats what the man said. He says Gary Laplant usually posts things for him…