CONGRAT's to TJ DUKES and CITRUS!!!

[SIZE=“4”]TJ Dukes won the Late Model Race and Citrus had 75 racers in the pit. Which is GREAT for today?s counts and the most between Citrus, PGS, and Desoto (didn’t see finish results from Auburndale). Man remember when they all had over a 125 average year round. With St Pete coming in the mix it going to be very important the tracks start working together on schedules or the owner won’t have enough car count to keep their doors open. Not just NASCAR having counting problems. Richman stands were not a sell out. Times are TUFF!!![/SIZE]
:huepfen024::aktion033::auto003::):ernaehrung004:

A bit of a stretch there Bobby… none of those track EVER averaged over 125 a week. I can believe that Citrus has hit that number at least a few times, but never as an average. And I don’t recall PGS or Desoto ever hitting that mark.

I understand the basic point though… car counts ARE down from the past, but already this year, Citrus and Ocala have each gotten over the 100 car mark, so it is still possible to pack the pit areas. Woodhull Raceway in NY had over 120 last night on a night that the temps were in the 40’s.

I don’t know where you were in the 90’s Jerry but 125 cars was the average for quite a few tracks.

There you go with the BIG RED lettering crap again. Just when we thought it was safe.

I was at nearly all the tracks in the 90’s. I can believe Sunshine and East Bay each averaged 100 or better in their prime, and from all the racing news I’ve collected, I don’t recall ANY track doing that well on a consistent basis.

Not to be a smart-ass here at all, but I’d like to see somemreults from those days. I have fun seeing how many guys have moved up since then, quit entirely, or saddest of all, that some have passed on.

Maybe Rick has access to full results from those days. I’d LOVE to be proven wrong on this, and take a walk down memory lane while I’m at it.

AncrDave turned me on to ultimateracinghistory.com and I’ve been having a blast looking at full results of races I’ve been to, as far back as 1970. LOVE that racing history…

I was at nearly all the tracks in the 90’s. I can believe Sunshine and East Bay each averaged 100 or better in their prime, and from all the racing news I’ve collected, I don’t recall ANY track doing that well on a consistent basis.

Not to be a smart-ass here at all, but I’d like to see somemreults from those days. I have fun seeing how many guys have moved up since then, quit entirely, or saddest of all, that some have passed on.

Maybe Rick has access to full results from those days. I’d LOVE to be proven wrong on this, and take a walk down memory lane while I’m at it.

AncrDave turned me on to ultimateracinghistory.com and I’ve been having a blast looking at full results of races I’ve been to, as far back as 1970. LOVE that racing history…

I remember back in 89’/ 90’ having that many cars at OSW. Hell, we had 40plus in the runabout class alone on a couple of nights. 125 cars average? Hmm…that’s ALOT of cars!

I know Citrus has cut back on the amount of classes run each night, most nights they run only 6 classes, 7 at the most. So rather than take total car count, you should take an average of cars per class. Some tracks will run 11 classes of cars a night, and still not reach 100 cars. So when I see “100 cars in the pits” I always look to see how many classes they ran.

Citrus had 73 cars for 7 classes, thats 12.16 cars per class. The hornet class had only 4.

PGS had 56 for 6 classes, 9.33 per class, with a low class of 5 cars in CC’s.

BRP had 97 cars for 5 classes, 19.4 per class, with a low of 14 in Mods.

Durn Tony!

Did you go to law school on your of time.

Long before I was involved with karnac I was at DeSoto almost every saturday night from when I got out of the Army in 83 on, there was usually an average of 5 classes that averaged 20-25 or more cars a night then throw in the twice a month pro figure 8 cars that would bring 15-20 cars, traveling series i.e. Florida Pro, SARA, TBARA, Outlaw Mods etc. that would also bring over 20-30 cars per event 125 cars was not a hard number to hit. Also traveled to Eastbay many times where it was not unusual to have 35-40 street stocks alone show up for the weekly show plus the 25 sprints and other classes they were close to or 125 in the pits. Sunshine was about 3-5 acres of race cars weekly in the pits. You could look from the top of the grandstands and see nothing but race cars well over 100. I was at these tracks and hardly ever was a class less then 20-25 back then. So yes Jerry it really did happen I was there…

Yeah Jerry, I think you might be outnumbered here. I’ve never been to a Florida track that averages that many but this is a poor time. Those numbers were consistently hit in NY, and may still be. I’ve been told the racing in Florida was much better a couple decades ago, so I wouldn’t be surprised those numbers are accurate.
FLVideo, I think you got Tony and John confused.
John, I’m glad to hear you talk about cutting car classes and using average cars per class as a benchmark. I thought I’d been preaching to deaf ears all these years. LOL If you can get down to 4 weekly classes with maybe a couple other classes rotating, (ie: Late Models and Mods as they do now), you’ll find yourself with a better show in the long run. All these different classes just dilute car counts.

Agreed Bob, Citrus has 3 different 4cyl classes, should just be one in my opinion.

Auburndale actually had a really good night which is nice to see… double figures in all 7 classes and 95 cars total including 17 OWM and 22 Legends… They even had 10 Bandoleros!