Open Wheel 100 lap rule change

Attention all Open Wheel Modified drivers,

There has been a rule change for PGS 100 lap race May 12th

After speaking with several of the modified drivers,
the owner of PGS has listened to the drivers as he always does.

To make it more affordable to the racers,
the rule change will be as follows:

The 4 tires you qualify on, will be marked and the only 4 tires you will be able to run for the entire 100 lap feature, unless you get a flat and have to pit to change that tire.

If you are running Hoosier tires, you must run left side tires on the left side and right side tires on the right side. You will not be able to run all left side Hoosier tires.

Also for the Open Wheel drivers ONLY,
your pit slab will be FREE for this special event race.

You will still need to call for your free slab 941-575-7223

On a side note, when other tracks post their full purse payout, for their extended lap races,

PGS will be more than happy to do the same.

You asked for it and the Speedway owner has listened,

now lets see who is up for the challenge to run 100 laps,
on the track that is to tough to tame.

Also running:

May 12th - OWM 100, Dwarf Cars, RW, Pro Trucks, Rookie Trucks, Legends, Bandoleros

Schedule update:

T.Q. Midgets will be running May 19 th as planned

June 2- Outlaw Modifieds (Double points) Dan Curl Memorial

I posted in your other thread, but I’ll post it here too:

http://www.realracinusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20342&highlight=Citrus

Its going to be a great night :slight_smile:

100 lap Pay Out

YOU ASKED FOR IT YOU GOT IT
PAY OUT for Auburndale Speedway 50 lap OWM
NO tire purchase required
No fuel required
NO entry fee
Pay out is not based on car count

1-$1000
2-600
3-450
4-350
5-300
6-250
7-225
8-200
9-175
10-150
11-145
12-140
13-135
14-130
15-125
16 thru field 75

also $100 fast qualifier
If you have any questions call rex at 863-287-4344

Meow hiss, haha !

Thanks ladies, I needed a laugh today. :slight_smile:

[B][I]Ok I was going to delete the other track’s posts for hijacking but after further review I see where it is about payouts

On a side note, when other tracks post their full purse payout, for their extended lap races,

PGS will be more than happy to do the same.

So they will stay…[/I][/B]

Do most race fans really care what the payout is??? I don’t think so.

Fans just want to see a good race with some passing (not a follow the leader train for 100 laps), with a little drama thrown in (if it doesn’t happen on/off the track, a good PA announcer can usually create some).

PGS is going to pay $2,000 to win on Saturday. I think that’s double (or more) what most other tracks are paying this weekend to win. They also are charging $10 for adults to get in, a lower admission than almost every track in Florida. They are also now closed for the summer months. As a resident of SW Florida, I am happy on all counts.

I’m going Saturday night to watch, and hoping that Doug Moff, Steve Arnold, LB Skaggs, and a bunch of other local hotshoes turn out, along with a few guys who travel in, to race for the big money.

As a fan, I’m happy with the new ownership at PGS. When Bobby had the track, I rarely went (too many fights in the pits, programs ran too slow). He is a nice guy, and he works hard, but it just didn’t work out. Now, I go every 4 weeks or so, depending on how busy my schedule is.

I’m not happy that the tracks have scheduled specials on top of each other this weekend, but it’s going to happen from time to time.

I think there are actually people on this forum who wish that other tracks have a terrible car and fan count. Somehow, it makes them feel better about themselves, I guess.

Can’t we all just enjoy the show that each track is putting on, for what it is?

Excellent !

Thank you racefan99 for this post. I think Kevin is very generous in his payouts and he always pays them. Anyone who races at PGS can attest to that.
DRIVERS as well as fans have to support our local tracks or we will see a repeat of other tracks who no longer exist. Tempers, rumors and nit picking has got to stop. It wears out Owners who are really trying to succeed.
Thank you for supporting this awesome race track!
carol wicks

NOTHING in life is perfect!

payout

[QUOTE=Racefan99;104327]Do most race fans really care what the payout is??? I don’t think so.

Fans just want to see a good race with some passing (not a follow the leader train for 100 laps), with a little drama thrown in (if it doesn’t happen on/off the track, a good PA announcer can usually create some).

PGS is going to pay $2,000 to win on Saturday. I think that’s double (or more) what most other tracks are paying this weekend to win. They also are charging $10 for adults to get in, a lower admission than almost every track in Florida. They are also now closed for the summer months. As a resident of SW Florida, I am happy on all counts.

I’m going Saturday night to watch, and hoping that Doug Moff, Steve Arnold, LB Skaggs, and a bunch of other local hotshoes turn out, along with a few guys who travel in, to race for the big money.

As a fan, I’m happy with the new ownership at PGS. When Bobby had the track, I rarely went (too many fights in the pits, programs ran too slow). He is a nice guy, and he works hard, but it just didn’t work out. Now, I go every 4 weeks or so, depending on how busy my schedule is.

I’m not happy that the tracks have scheduled specials on top of each other this weekend, but it’s going to happen from time to time.

I think there are actually people on this forum who wish that other tracks have a terrible car and fan count. Somehow, it makes them feel better about themselves, I guess.

Can’t we all just enjoy the show that each track is putting on, for what it is?[/QUOTE]
a-dale 50 laps 1000.00 p-g 100 laps 2000.00? maybe.

Racefan, I don’t know if most race fans care about payout but, as a fan, I use to look at payouts to decide what race I might want to attend or thought the drivers I followed may go to. If 2 tracks an equal distance from me were running 100 lap races on a regular Saturday night and one paid $2000 to win with the other paying $5000 to win with good breakdown through the field, I’d probably go to the $5000 race because I knew the “big” shoes would probably be there and the regular Saturday night racers would be at the other one. Of course I’d also take the track into consideration, it’s reputation, and, often, the tracks would advertise what drivers had committed to be there. At one time the “longer distance races” were something special. I think that changed in the 80’s when it seems tracks seemed to run a 100 lapper every month. About the same time most of the special shows started running during the week.
I’m not going to either one of these races but if I was just a fan looking to see where I might go this weekend and saw the information posted, considered the track configuration, reputation of the tracks, and whether there was a minimum car count for the payout to be paid; I’d probably go to the I’d no doubt go to PGS for the simple reason that I’ve never been there. You’d think they’d get a good turnout but I’m hesitant because the full field payout isn’t given and does it depend on car count. Auburndale gives their full field payout and purse isn’t dependent on car count. That’s a plus in their favor. I’m personally not real fond of the tight short track that Auburndale is so that’s a negative for me. Others will feel just the opposite. PGS seems to have a decent reputation right now and Auburndale has had some controversy at some of it’s shows, so that’s a plus for PGS. If everything else was equal, I’d probably go to the web sites of my favorite drivers and see where they are going. Of course, when I was just a fan the internet wasn’t used as it is today and I use to use my local racing rags to see who was going where.
So yes, fans do use payout to decide which race to go to. My friends and I, would often discuss where we would go and it was always mentioned how much the race paid to win, whether it was a race that might guarantee it’s winner a spot in a post season race, etc. We’d also determine who was driving and where we were going to stop on the way home. LOL

Good points Winger. But, I wonder how many, if any, fans are choosing between Auburndale and PGS this Saturday night.

Maybe there are still a few fans out there, (like in the 70’s or 80’s where you’d see fans in the stands wearing jackets from other tracks), who still travel all around the state, on a weekly basis, to watch races, but with today’s economy and gas prices, I don’t imagine it’s many. I used to travel a ton more myself, but now, not so much.

Instead, I’d suggest that most of the fans attending the two OWM races this Saturday night are going to the track which is closest to their home. I think it’s that simple.

I’ve been to both Auburndale and PGS this year, and I didn’t personally recognize any of the same fans in the grandstands (saw some of the same folks in the pits of course). The fans don’t even appear to be the same demographics to me. PGS seemed to have a lot more of the retiree crowd, in my opinion, although they are doing more and more for the young kids (but I doubt too many young families can afford to drive several hours each way, to watch races at another track).

That’s why I don’t understand the people posting here about which purse is better, or which track does things better, etc. It doesn’t seem like it’s an argument worth having, given the reality of 2012. In the end, I think most race fans are going to attend and support the track which is closest to their home. I hope both tracks have sellout crowds on Saturday.

With the financial situation I and many others are in, I could not attend races today, like I use to, if I wasn’t working at a track. If I was to be an equal distance between the tracks and could afford to go, I would use the criteria I used above.
I do think all tracks should list their purses on their websites for the customers to see. Special races that advertise how much they are paying to win should also post their complete purse and costs involved for the race. If they don’t, it appears they are misleading the public, which I think just may be the case here. I say that only because PGS said they would post payouts when others did and when their bluff was called, they didn’t. JMO