Are too many Free entries part of the problem?

I see alot of people talking about “SUPPORTING” their local tracks.Going and racing are two different things.The question should be “Who’s Racing”.Let me throw this out there for you to chew on.I saw the free entry list for the pits at my local track once and it is huge,lets cut it down and make more people pay to get in and maybe the track will make more money.Track champs,employees and those that actually help improve the facilities should be the only ones let in for free.A business can’t make money if they are only making half the customers pay for there product.Show your support by not asking to get in for free.If you can’t afford to go out to dinner or a movie you don’t go.I would rather know that a person pays to get in every other week that free every week.What do you think,am I barking up the wrong tree or what?

Just a thought, :slight_smile:

There are some people who SHOULD get in free… track sponsors, media reps, wrecker drivers and crew, safety crew… just because the list is long (in your opinion) doesn’t mean there isn’t a legitimate reason for those people.

Besides, no promoter is just gonna hand out back-gate free passes like Halloween candy. They don’t normally like ANYONE getting in free, but they also realize it’s needed in alot more cases than you understand.

How many wrecker drivers and EMT’s do you think would show up if they were expected to pay admission?

Frasson,Lets review your reply cause I don’t you read my post well enough.

You said…“There are some people who SHOULD get in free… track sponsors, media reps, wrecker drivers and crew, safety crew…”

My original post…“Track champs,employees and those that actually help improve the facilities should be the only ones let in for free.”

You said…“just because the list is long (in your opinion) doesn’t mean there isn’t a legitimate reason for those people.”

My original post…"I saw the free entry list for the pits at my local track once and it is huge."It was 4 pages long and yes in my opinion that is too long.

You said…“They don’t normally like ANYONE getting in free, but they also realize it’s needed in alot more cases than you understand.”

If I don’t understand why there are 4 pages and it seems like you do please let us all in on the secret.

You said…“How many wrecker drivers and EMT’s do you think would show up if they were expected to pay admission?”

Let me go back to the line you must have skipped when reading…"Track champs,employees and those that actually help improve the facilities."Wrecker drivers help the track,EMT’s for your information are PAID to be there so they are contractors or employees whatever you want to call them. So both of them fall under the “should get in free” category and NOT expected to pay to get in.

The big question is-How many people that are getting free now would show up if there were expected to pay?

So, who ARE these busloads of people getting free into your track? Obviously, the track owner feels that these people are worthy of the “guest list”, or they wouldnt be on it.

Again, it’s just something that you don’t understand WHY it’s being done, but it makes sense to the people that approved it in the first place. There are a lot of people involved to make a track operational… are you considering concession workers, security people, tech crew, scorers, announcers, flagmen, maintenance workers… that alone would make a fairly long list in itself.

You’re a fool if you think any one of those people is gonna volunteer to pay “to help the track make money”. I tend to think that your pissed that some get in free, you don’t, and you’re pissed at the people who do.

How’s this for an idea… how about next time you go through the gates, hand the ticket seller an extra $20, because you feel the track needs to make more money. Maybe even suggest to them that THEY should be paying their way also. As such a concerned customer about the tracks income,'how about stepping up yourself???

Wow ,rage much?Put the bottle down and take some deep breaths and wipe that brown stuff off your nose.Personally I think its pretty funny how you still say…“There are a lot of people involved to make a track operational… are you considering concession workers, security people, tech crew, scorers, announcers, flagmen, maintenance workers…that alone would make a fairly long list in itself.”

My home track is not Daytona International Speedway so the list is not going to be as long as you are thinking it should be.

When I clearly said the first time…“Track champs,employees and those that actually help improve the facilities should be the only ones let in for free”. So drop that part of your argument cause your making yourself look bad.

You said…“So, who ARE these busloads of people getting free into your track? Obviously, the track owner feels that these people are worthy of the “guest list”, or they wouldnt be on it.”

I was not aware that I was supposed to copy the lists and sit down with the track owners and go over every name with them.

It seems that I have struck a nerve so I wonder if maybe you are on one of those lists at your track? Maybe that extra 20 dollars that you want me to kick in is to make you feel better about begging for free entries every week.

Just so you know I have raced the 2010 and 2011 full seasons in the strictly stocks,that is every week except rain outs. I was track champ 2010 and second in points in 2011.Not racing a full season this year cause I think I deserve a break.

I never started this post to slam any track,just to bring up a topic for discussion. I have never stated which track I am from,but any FOOL can figure it out if they try,even a FOOL like you.(See even I can call people names too). You made it into a slam by pulling your nose out of your track owners a$$ and not understanding what my original post was about.It is people like you that are destroying good forums and chasing people that want to be civil away. :aetsch013:

Now I see why you think Track Champs should get in free…

Really Luis… is it your business who gets in free? It isn’t.

I think you expected a bunch of people to jump on here and agree with you. You asked a question, i gave an answer, and apparently since I don’t agree, I should have just shut up, right?

Too bad… If you don’t like answers, don’t ask questions.

How about taking this up with the track operators… their answer will be something like “how we do things is none of your business”… and they would be right.

Well Jerry, track champs have always received the next year free long before I started racing.I would think even you would know that. I was hoping for some intelligent discussion on this topic but didn’t get any. All the time people ask what can track owners do to save money. You didn’t even comprehend what I wrote before you started picking it apart.You don’t even realize that half of what you said actually did agree with what I was saying,LOL.

“Too bad… If you don’t like answers, don’t ask questions”.“how we do things is none of your business”. Spoken like a person that truly has no clue how to run a successful business. Is that how you really think about all the local track owners in Florida?

If I had questions about how you run YOUR .com business, are you gonna answer? Hell no… you shouldn’t… it’s none of my business. As for my business (actually a family business) it has been going since 1966. I’m pretty sure if we were clueless on how to run a business, we would have been toast over 40 years ago… but that didn’t happen. We’re still around.

Also, going back a little bit, when you were eligible for the free pass for the year, did you TAKE the freebie, or did you pay each week because of your heartfelt concern for the financial health of the track?

I know the answer, and so do you. Freebies weren’t an issue as long as YOU were getting them, were they???

Frasson

Luis all he does is get on her to start troulbe he is just like tuna man he dosent even race but no every thing. Tires and fuel over $500 doller for tires for a super stock i used to get tire from the modified but now the tires are junk why the super stocks are down . James

Thanks for noticing my SPONSORS .com business.:slight_smile: If you want to know how it’s run you’ll have to talk to them.I was unaware that you had such a keen eye for business.Maybe since you are just as concerned about the local track’s financial health as I am you should offer your expertise on running a successful business.

As much as I expected you are still trying to reverse the heat on me with this free pass thing.

Of course I took the free pass for a year,that is what all the track champs get for winning the points race.If you actually raced you would know that,well raced more than practice and a 6 lap heat race in someone else strictly stock. The track wasn’t in trouble back then.Well they get money also but we don’t and we don’t get money for racing either.Wow,hows that for support.Before you start on that let me say that I started racing strictly stock knowing that and am fine with it or I wouldn’t of started in that class.

I’ve been going to the track AND PAYING to get in since 2005 and never had any problem digging into my pocket and still don’t.The problem is that now my track is in serious trouble of closing and at least I am trying to throw out some ideas so maybe it will get back to someone in position to consider it.But maybe I’m wrong trying to help cause you said…“How about taking this up with the track operators… their answer will be something like “how we do things is none of your business”… and they would be right”.

So I’ll wait for you to twist my words around and try to make it look I’m mad that I have to pay again.I’m signing off for the night so have at it.:smilie_bett:

Oooooooooo… a whole 7 years of paying your way in. I’ve been paying my way for 42. Your 7 doesn’t impress me.

Don’t forget who started this thread, by asking a question. And I still fail to see where it’s any of your business as to who gets in free versus who paid. It’s not your concern… and since “you deserve a break”, it doesn’t affect you either way.

Where’s all your support and intelligent conversation on this subject? You only wanted someone to come on here and say “Luis… you’re right. All these 4 pages of people getting in for free is what’s killing racing”. Your support didnt come, because that’s not the problem here. There’s a lot of reasons people aren’t coming, but the fact is, they aren’t coming. There ain’t a person out there saying to themselves “I was thinking about going to Speeedworld, but I’m pissed that so many other people are getting in for free”.

You asked if you were barking up the wrong tree. Here’s your answer… YES, you are.

LOL…Jerry?

Starting trouble? :stuck_out_tongue:

Naaaahhh…LOL…

Never known Jerry to start any trouble at all. Looks to me like he asked a legit question.

In all the years I’ve been getting in the pits with a race car (which was over about 20, by the way), I’d never heard of the “track champ getting in for free”. Maybe I missed something.

$25.00 is a bit steep to be paying to get in the back gate - especially when you have to pay for kids, spouses, tires, food, gas, etc. And, if it’s been a bad night, it just makes it that much worse.

Lower that back gate entry - it may take a while - but see if they start coming back.

Been paying to get in since 1962. No, I did not go every week. I never got a free pass for a championship and I did that too.

I am a business person. I never made money racing a car. I did make money in the car business and computer business.

It is none of my business what a track does to make it operational. It may confuse me to try to follow their reasoning for what they do.

Wow Jerry(TUNA) I am so humbled and embarrassed to even think that I should have any opinion about racing when there is someone like you(TUNA) that has been around racing since the first race car hit the track. The knowledge and experience you(TUNA) have collected over the years must be phenomenal. Too bad all that knowledge was gained from the stands and not on the track.

I think the biggest thing I am impressed with is the fact that you(TUNA) have been paying your(TUNA) way in for 42 years,and to think that your(TUNA) only a young 50 years old.I guess at 8 years old you(TUNA) must of made your(TUNA) money selling newspapers on the side of the street or maybe you(TUNA) had a shine box an set up outside of the train station.It probably only cost .10 to get in and .05 for a hot dog and coke back then.

Yes Jim,at the track I go to,the champs get in the next year for free.At least that is the way its has been THE WHOLE 7 YEARS I’VE BEEN GOING.LOL

Tuna(JERRY) you might want to have your memory checked because you(TUNA) are just repeating the same thing over and over and seem to think that I started this thread cause I am mad. It takes more than a TUNA wannabe like you to make me mad. I look for to see how much you repeat yourself again tomorrow,good night TUNA.:smilie_bett:

P.S.- If it’s your family’s business then why aren’t you allowed to take the company vehicle to the track? Grounded?

What a douchebag…

Wow, I must have hit a nerve. That is the shortest post from you yet. What happened,TUNA got your tongue?:aetsch013: