Citrus County Speedway driver bonus $$$ information!

Below are tables with the bonus money that will be available for each class this year at Citrus County Speedway. This money will be paid in addition to the established purse for each class. All each class below must do to be eligible for the bonus money below, is have 16 or more cars in their respective class each night. Keep in mind, this is strictly a bonus program, no pay outs have been cut.

Super Late Model

1. $75
  2. $50
  3. $40
  4. $30
    5-10. $20

Modifieds

1. $75
  2. $50
  3. $40
  4. $30
    5-10. $20

Sportsman

1. $75
  2. $50
  3. $40
  4. $30
    5-10. $20

Modified Mini

1. $50
  2. $30
  3. $25
  4. $20
    5-10. $15

Street Stock

1. $50
  2. $30
  3. $25
  4. $20
    5-10. $15

Pure Stock

1. $50
  2. $30
  3. $20
  4. $15
    5-10. $10

Mini Stock

1. $50
  2. $30
  3. $20
  4. $15
    5-10. $10

SS/PS F8

1. $50
  2. $30
  3. $20
  4. $15
    5-10. $10

Pro F8

1. $50
  2. $30
  3. $25
  4. $20
    5-10. $15

Now this is a very good move. Have a set purse then a bonus program on top of that. Good move Citrus.

Was thinking the same thing… GREAT move Citrus.

Everyone gets at LEAST as much as they were promised.

Hope you get at least 16 in every class.

Extra Mney

As much as I have to agree that the bonus is a nice add on to the normal purse, I do see a problem occurring. It appears to me that it is becoming a battle between tracks to see who can offer the most money. Every time you turn around, we see more money being offered for races. Just last week I think it was PGS offering $2000 for a 100 lap Modified Race. Wish they offered money like that when I was racing. If I remember right, back in 1974 the first place payout for the Kings Royal at Eldora Speedway was only $1500. This year they are paying $50,000 for the Kings Royal and $100,000 for the Prelude. When will it all end???

If the tracks can do it, get the cars and spectators and make money, they should continue. In the early 80’s they ran for $1200 for a 35 lap weekly show in New York. I believe Fonda now pays $1800 for a regular 35 lap Saturday show. That area has many races during the season that pay 3,000 to $5000 for 100 laps. 200 lap races in the fall pay around $10,000 to win. In the early 80’s there were a couple 200 lap races that paid around $17,500. I see Lebanon Valley still pays $17,500 but it’s only 100 laps now. And of course they have their big show at Syracuse every year that pays $50,000 to win and you can cheat. They only take 25,000 away and you still get the win. LOL Seriously, it’s $50,000 to win, 25,000 for second and so on. It use to be $100,000 to win, with bonuses and contingencies,in the 80’s but has been cut back since World Racing Group took over. It’s probably a more realistic figure now.
In 1974 you would stop at the Sunoco station on the way to the track to buy their top grade of fuel. You didn’t have racing fuel then. Well, the sprint cars had their alcohol, I guess. But fuel cost about 45 cents then and now it’s nearly 20 times that for racing fuel. Same thing for the cost of other things such as tires,etc. You went to the local speed shop or speed shop vendor in the pits to buy tires and parts. You didn’t need to buy track tires. Tires could last several races. In 74 the special built chassis were just starting to be built so most racers built their own cars from junk yard parts. I think my father spent about $3,000 to buy a top championship winning modified with a special built motor in 72. So it cost much less back then. I think they were just starting to pay around $500 to win back then but I could be wrong on that. So it’s now 40 years later and the costs to race is approximately 10 to 20 times higher than back then. But the Florida and New Mexico tracks have been paying purses that were about the same as the purses from the 70’s in NY.
Just saying I believe the purses are pretty small compared to the investment the owners have in their cars, for the top classes. Granted the modifieds are not the special built cars they run in the northeast, but they still cost pretty good.
I’ve got to the point where I don’t really care anymore. I can understand why racing seems to be dying here. If a die hard fan, such as me, is losing interest, it’s no wonder new fans and racers are not flocking to the tracks.

It a great idea the bonus money, Just my thought if you need 16 car to get the bonus money then why does the bonus money stop at 10 place it should be payed thru 16th place at least,
Tracks need to think about getting the back running cars back on the track to race get it where they can affford to come back to the track.

Just my thoughts

Gary Laplant

bonus money

does any track pay tow money any more. you tow miles ,get rained out ,go with - 0. not good .

Gary - I think any racer who shows up thinks they can at least finish top ten. I know most nights at Citrus, if you don’t crash, or get sent to the rear, you will finish in the top 10. Again, this is on top of the normal purse, which is pretty good all ready for most classes.

Its a great ideafor the bonus money and i understand what your saying on the matter.

Gary Laplant

I think it encourages racing for a top 10… and discourages any “start & parks”.

I like it.

Very good point on that thought.

Gary

I think I am like Winger, went to my 1st stock race in 1964, was hooked. Have pit crewed for someone, owned and droved my own car and now I guess I am so out of racing did not realize that at a local track when classes are so low for car count there are start and parkers.

thats awsome… 16 mod minis… woo that would be crazy!!lol

And this is the problem today…a track offers more money and people find something to bitch about…good job guys!

I was thinking the same thing.

The only thing I’d bitch about is the little punk a$$ betch that use to hang around with the tech man at Citrus and BRP. I hear he’s back at Citrus now. Have to watch out for him. He’s a fairly dangerous man, ahhhh boy.

First time I have ever been called dangerous lol

You’ve been called dangerous before but maybe not to your face. LOL