I'm a Takuma Sato fan

I knew next to nothing about this guy before this years Indy, but he really has my respect now. He went for it all in the last lap of the 500. Yes, he could have lifted, finished second, and then spent a lifetime wondering “what if?” But instead he showed a lot of guts and rolled the dice to win. Sorry it didn’t work out because he would have been a worthy champion.

Good race! I hope Bryan Clauson gets another shot, and that Tony Kanaan wins it some time.

[SIZE=“4”]I?m with ya there on all counts Rex. Sato was definitely part of the equation all day, led several laps, and didn?t make any mistakes?..until the last lap.

I just didn?t care for the waa-waa that he exhibited outside of the care center after the race blaming Franchitti for not giving him enough room.

The gloves are off for the last 10-laps of that thing so you do what ya gotta do. They both did and Franchitti came out on top.

I would?ve rather seen Kanaan win it simply because with 11-tries he?d never won it before but most of all because of his friendship with Dan Wheldon.

Hats off to Dario tho for his 3rd Indy 500 win and of course Mrs. Dario is always easy on the eyes.
[/SIZE]

I just didn?t care for the waa-waa that he exhibited

Oops, I didn’t see that. I probably would not have posted this if I saw him whining. I think Dario gave him about one lane plus 3 inches. It was the last lap, so Mr. Sato was lucky to get that much.

Remember that year Dario won the rain shortened event? I’ll never forget watching Ashley Judd run down pit road in the rain…

[QUOTE=Boneman;105907]I just didn?t care for the waa-waa that he exhibited

Oops, I didn’t see that. I probably would not have posted this if I saw him whining. I think Dario gave him about one lane plus 3 inches. It was the last lap, so Mr. Sato was lucky to get that much.

Remember that year Dario won the rain shortened event? I’ll never forget watching Ashley Judd run down pit road in the rain…[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“4”]I guess Dario was supposed to pull over & give up. For a minute I thought he might be reading off of a Rusty Wallace teleprompter.[/SIZE]

TAKUMA WHINES

Never cared for Indy car racing all that much and the past ten years havent done anything to change my mind…

but…

…I sure wouldn’t mind a clip of Mrs. Dario running down pit road in the rain.

Why the hell can’t anybody post that?

:aetsch013:

[QUOTE=Osmosis Jones;105917]Never cared for Indy car racing all that much and the past ten years havent done anything to change my mind…

but…

…I sure wouldn’t mind a clip of Mrs. Dario running down pit road in the rain.

Why the hell can’t anybody post that?

:aetsch013:[/QUOTE]

If there was only a way to download our thoughts…

It wazs a great day of racing all a round,I enjoyed it more then i though i would,would of like to of seen the weeks run up stuff but it was on extra pay chan.

I thought the Indy race this year was a pretty darn good race!!! :ernaehrung004:

Love the restarts alot yesterday, 3 and 4 wide trying to get the best jump on the other drivers. And record lean changes also.

Sato going for it was awesome and agree with y’all Dario gave him just enough room. To bad he spun, would of been cool to see what would happen going into 3 & 4 and coming to the checker flag with them two! :huepfen024:

Conway and Power’s crash was scary for Conway, glad he was ok after riding the wall like he did!

And the Andrettis are so snake bitten at Indy since Mario winning the 500 in 1969!

I think it may have been divine intervention that kept a Japanese driver from winning a race in the United States on Memorial Day… Still, it’s amazing how Bobby Rahal has a knack for finding good talent and Sato did a heck of a job for as little experience as he has…

I hope Kanaan wins the Indy 500 before he retires… He is one of the great personalities in all of motorsports… actually wish he’d try NASCAR… He would become an instant fan favorite.

It was a good race. Sato laid it all on the line but it just didn’t work out. I watched the entire Indy race but then fell asleep about 30 laps into the Nascar race.

divine intervention that kept a Japanese driver from winning

That is an interesting angle Dave; I had not considered it. Yes, Japan was a bitter enemy 70 years ago, but they have been a pretty good ally for the last 50 or so. I’m sure there would be some older fans who would still resent a Sato win at Indy.