Bowman Gray was awesome

$12 to get in for a big show, $2 for women, kids free. What attracts men more than a racecar and beer? Yeah, these people get it. I have never been to a race where I saw more women and kids. Circus like atmosphere.

I think I was impressed most by Chris Flemming, intentionally wrecked in turn 4 on the last lap after leading most of the race and was still in the pits afterwards taking pictures, shaking hands and signing autographs. I got to meet Burt Meyers and Tim Brown, both were really cool. These guys are professional showman.

I will tell anyone that there is no place that is like BGS. The atmosphere there is just electric. No other race track like it and there are that many people there every week.

Completely amazing… nothing else like it in short-track racing. There were more people in the pits an hour AFTER the show than any track in Florida gets on their best-ever day. And these fans are completely rabid about their track and drivers.

Cheap tickets, tons of women and kids, an electric atmosphere, excellent lighting and sound, very professional pit crews and track crew… this place has it ALL going on.

Throw in some outstanding friends to share it with, made it a road trip for the ages.

Guaranteed NOT to be my last trip there…!!!

Going here gave me that feeling that got me into racing to begin with. If I was a track promoter I would visit successful tracks like this around the country and see that short track racing is not dead.

$12 for a show of this caliber. OSW and NSS, $20 for any show is too much.

[QUOTE=Frasson118;106481]Completely amazing… nothing else like it in short-track racing. There were more people in the pits an hour AFTER the show than any track in Florida gets on their best-ever day. And these fans are completely rabid about their track and drivers.

Cheap tickets, tons of women and kids, an electric atmosphere, excellent lighting and sound, very professional pit crews and track crew… this place has it ALL going on.

Throw in some outstanding friends to share it with, made it a road trip for the ages.

Guaranteed NOT to be my last trip there…!!![/QUOTE]

The most passionate fans I have ever seen. When Tim Brown was sent to the rear I heard more cheers than Jr leading a lap at Daytona.

Also, I don’t think I have ever seen so many ‘Daisy Duke’ girls in one place EVER!! These ladies know how to dress and work it for all it’s worth… Oh, and some great racing to boot…:ernaehrung004:
I would have posted some pics of the girls, but my phone battery went dead taking all the dam car pics…:sprachlos020:
BLUBBA has never had girls like this at his track.
Had a great time at the races with Florida friends too…
-JIM-

Jim… my guess is that Virginia TOOK your battery…!

I wish they bring back the Mad House on TV again.

No she didn’t… but she wouldn’t let me use her phone…:frowning:
-JIM-

Bowman Gray Stadium

The Finney group also had a great weekend, 22 K&N East cars for 150 laps, 27 Whelen Modifieds for 100 laps, the tight quarter mile track, and thousands of race fans in the stadium. Disappointed the Friday night show with regular classes got rained out, but we got to see some practice and smell the fumes that got us all excited for the Saturday night show.

cool—

Glad you all had a blast. Good pic’s EDM.

And on that note, about the actual Raceway itself, 2 things;

–there is a sharp indent of the guardrail coming off of turn #4, and looks as though if it were flattened out more outward toward the outside of the track, there would be a whole lotta’ more room to race on the outside—you’ll see it in the second picture, the guardrail really moves into the inside of the track, and then only opens up fully.

–and second; there doesn’t appear to be any catch fencing along the straightaway, only appears to start in the corner.

Are my obsevations correct?

Correct Roger. But with a 4’ guardrail, a buffer zone, then a 10’ wall…who needs a catch fence too?? The gurardrail is close to the wall in the turns so they put a catch fence. Don’t forget this is also a football stadium and track and field venue as well.
Great place for both racers and fans…:huepfen024:
-JIM-