Kurt Busch needs his @$$ kicked

I hope someone cleans his clock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPrRrgR7wrg

Jimmy Spencer has retired

I agree Greg, but the Busch brothers sure keep a ho-hum NASCAR interesting. Kyle seems to have straightened up some, but Kurt seems to be getting worse. He’s on probation, so he’d better be careful. Also I don’t think the reporters are totally innocent, by provoking the more volatile drivers with leading questions. billy

and Monster Energy couldn’t find anyone decent to sponsor?

Media…

I think the media could use some discretion. dont bother an angry or exhausted driver. Kurt didnt want to talk about his probation. he was willing to talk about racing in general. i have seen this happen at our short tracks. people run up to a driver with a mic stuck in his face 2 minutes after the racer crashed and had a horrid day. Wish they would give them time to cool down and think… just my opinion… we all know who the bad boys are so why not give them some slack. afterall they risk their lives week after week to entertain us and its the bad boys who make it exciting. I guess we all have different ideas about what we like. :wink:
Carol

[QUOTE=carolwicks;106513]I think the media could use some discretion. dont bother an angry or exhausted driver. Kurt didnt want to talk about his probation. he was willing to talk about racing in general. i have seen this happen at our short tracks. people run up to a driver with a mic stuck in his face 2 minutes after the racer crashed and had a horrid day. Wish they would give them time to cool down and think… just my opinion… we all know who the bad boys are so why not give them some slack. afterall they risk their lives week after week to entertain us and its the bad boys who make it exciting. I guess we all have different ideas about what we like. :wink:
Carol[/QUOTE]

He should have thought about it before he got into CUP racing. You are gonna have cameras and mics shoved in your face all of the time. It is part of the sport. You dont see other drivers acting like this little scumbag! I guess thats why he does not have any sponsors on his car. He needs to go and give someone else the chance.

I think the reporter should have some BALLS if he’s gonna ask STUPID questions! He should of told the homo to “go for it”!

I Love it

I’m not a fan of Kurt but I think his answer is refreshing. I’m sure you all would prefer some corporate- speak instead of an heartfelt answer. Ya get what you ask for.

i don’t blame kurt on this one. I think the media guy’s are shooting for the next kurt meltdown. If he walks away then good old nascae is gonna bust his balls, damned if he does and damned if he don’t.

Suspended!!!

NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch until June 13 following his actions following Dover NNS race. Extends probation through 12/31 (per @NASCAR feed).

Guess NASCAR didn’t like his actions. That’s only a one week suspension. billy

Amen

[QUOTE=carolwicks;106513]I think the media could use some discretion. dont bother an angry or exhausted driver. Kurt didnt want to talk about his probation. he was willing to talk about racing in general. i have seen this happen at our short tracks. people run up to a driver with a mic stuck in his face 2 minutes after the racer crashed and had a horrid day. Wish they would give them time to cool down and think… just my opinion… we all know who the bad boys are so why not give them some slack. afterall they risk their lives week after week to entertain us and its the bad boys who make it exciting. I guess we all have different ideas about what we like. :wink:
Carol[/QUOTE]

Very well said, infact I have seen not only the drivers but the family member or friends get involved too…sorry :frowning: Me bad!! Hey, I’m getting too old to fight anymore.
The Busch brothers are making Nascar right now, they want them to battle it but don’t want them saying what they feel. Bad Nascar :-(:fragend005:

Bob Pockrass is one of the best in the business – he asked a good question. Not to mention, this was several minutes after the race was over and Busch finished in the top 10. It was a fair question asked at a fair time, and Busch overreacted.

That being said, I’m surprised NASCAR is sitting him for a week. Busch was a little over the line, but it hardly seems like an offense that warrants a suspension. I’ve been threatened and called much worse in my 6 years on the job.

On the other hand, if I told someone I was interviewing that I was going to beat the hell out of him, I’d probably be looking for a new job after my wounds had healed.

Geeeeez

NASCAR’S Biggest Embarassment Of All Time: Kurt Busch 2004 NASCAR Nextel Cup Champion…:frowning:

[QUOTE=Joe;106559]Bob Pockrass is one of the best in the business – he asked a good question. Not to mention, this was several minutes after the race was over and Busch finished in the top 10. It was a fair question asked at a fair time, and Busch overreacted.

That being said, I’m surprised NASCAR is sitting him for a week. Busch was a little over the line, but it hardly seems like an offense that warrants a suspension. I’ve been threatened and called much worse in my 6 years on the job.

On the other hand, if I told someone I was interviewing that I was going to beat the hell out of him, I’d probably be looking for a new job after my wounds had healed.[/QUOTE]

Well said Joe. This little punk could have walked away or said something different. Bottom line he needs his clock cleaned. Maybe by Kevin Harvick or old man Richard Childress (ha ha). His brother is a little wimp too. He has to leave his helmet on because he is scared someone will throw a bottle at his head. I get a kick out of how some people say that the reporter should have not said anything to him. The reporters are the link between the drivers and the fans. I think the reporter has a right to ask questions. The reporters are what makes nascar too. I didnt get on here to have a pissing match. Just saying what I think about the little prick faggot.

No wonder NASCAR changed the series name to Nationwide, they saw these to coming. If we have to respect and honor the Reuttiman gene pool I guess we have to accept what these brothers represent. Having raised 2 teenagers I have to wonder what the parents have been through.

back in the day before radios you never approched a driver after a race till he approched you or it was likley he might try to bite your head off a good reporter would have asked permission for a interview just sayen

In today’s politically correct society the drivers are expected to be refined. Unfortunately most are refined to the point of boring and the media is going to stir the pot any way possible.

I used to love Dale Earnhardts interviews and responses to the media. Like him or not he was one of Nascars all time charismatic drivers. Most of today’s Nascar drivers lack charisma and respect.

I guess Newman just didn’t see those guys standing in their pit area. He must have been adjusting his helmet.

Here’s what I don’t understand.

While I am admittedly NOT a Kurt Busch fan, Busch is not an “employee” of NASCAR. He’s an employee of James Finch Racing. I don’t think the suspension is fair, and doesn’t fit the “crime”, as much as I don’t like Kurt.

Think of it like this:
An employee of, say, Coca-Cola (Kurt Busch), is delivering to…Wal-Mart, we’ll say. A customer (Bob Pockrass) pulls out in front of the Coca Cola (James Finch) employee (Kurt) in the parking lot. Kurt gets out of his truck and starts cussing out Bob for “pulling out in front of him” (asking the questions). Does Wal-Mart (NA$SCAR) have the right to suspend, or fire, Kurt (the Coca Cola driver)? Or should Coca Cola (James Finch) take care of it hisself?

Does anyone recall the ol’ AJ Foyt tirades we’d hear at Daytona and Indy? How 'bout the “uncensored” radio chats between these “modern-day” NA$CAR “superstars” and their teams? Look 'em up on YouTube…

In many situations, a reporter should ask for the interview. But keep in mind that NASCAR requires all the top 5 finishers to hang out on pit road immediately following the race to talk to the media. Busch finished fourth.

At the local short track, it’s always a good idea to ask for permission first. If there was a crowd of media, I always tried to sneak in a question last. That way, if he was going to punch someone, he probably would’ve already done it.