Parking Lot - Back Then...

I love this photo Larry Glendenning put up on Facebook taken from the parking lot at Palm Beach Fairgrounds Speedway… probably 1965-66…
Look at the wide variety of cars… The one in the foreground appears to be a Datsun… There is a Chevy II, Cadillac Convertible, an Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser and a '57 Chevy Wagon… Today you can’t tell a Ford from a Toyota unless you know what the emblem looks like…

Thanks Dave

I did not arrive in south Fla till nov 1970 so I believe I took this in 71 or 72.

Could be… cars lasted a lot longer back then LOL…

Uncle Dave that is at least 1968…the Vista Crusier is a 68-69 :slight_smile: OHHHHHHH do I remember that place!!! I was there more than likely!!! I would have been sitting up in turn 4 :slight_smile:

Here is a recent picture of Speedworld on a Friday night. As usual, it is a little damp, but good parking spots are still available!

Waste_land.jpg

Palm Beach parking lot

If you can figure out what year the Florida license plates were blue with white lettering would give you the answer to the year. Palm Beach Fairgrounds was one of the great tracks back in the days of good racing.

Cool.

Yellow fender of a '70 AAR Cuda visible to the right…