This is Interesting--

Angola Speedway, Ind—built in the late 60’s–and has ran ever since than on Saturday nights, a partial season last year, and has been shuttered so far this year in 2012, a great high-banked 3/8 mile asphalt oval in N/E Indiana…has a new promoter again…

Rocky Fisher, The Rock, of legendary sprint car driver fame, has closed the deal to bring Angola Motor Speedway back to life once again.

He will bring 40 years of professional promoting again to a now-shutterd Raceway. Thats good to hear. You can almost bet that there will be lots of open wheel promotions/events comming to this venue, for sure.

A now closed Raceway will once again come back to life again. I have some old ties to him(my father) and he opened up an old shuttered raceway in Fort Wayne long ago(Baer Field Raceway) in 1976. That raceway has been going ever since. Still going strong to this day.

Some of you might remember him from the mid-70’s era, promoting sprint car events down here in Florida, and even opening up what is now East Bay Raceways. He had the first ever Florida 400 Sprint Car Races way back then.

At almost 80 years old, that man still has the fire in him to bring on promotions, and weekly stock car racing.
I gotta’ hand him the ol’ “atta-boy”.

I am so glad that another raceway has been brought back to life.